Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Which character has improved the most under the New 52...?

• 75 results
    PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By PapiNacho

Wow I'm glad this hasn't completely devolved into post-crisis whining.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Most Improved

Animal Man

Aquaman

Constatine

Hawkman

Red Hood

Swamp Thing

Supergirl

Wonder Woman

Some Improved

Black Canary

Deadman

Cyborg

Harley Quinn

Starfire

Zatanna

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

a veritable sh!t-ton of good stories...especially compared to the New 52

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By danhimself

@saren said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@billy_batson said:

I wonder if the people who mentioned Animal Man and Swamp Thing even read their previous series.

@arturocalakayvee said:

Wonder Woman's current situation could have fit into Post-Crisis continuity

They actually rebooted the character unlike most in the reboot. How would have it worked in the previous continuity?

BB

I didn't read Animal Man nor Swamp Thing pre-reboot to be honest so I guess you could put them in the Aquaman category being that they were just fine and only got more publicity during New 52. As for Wonder Woman, they could have set up a story where it's revealed Zeus was always Diana's father and no one ever knew except Hera and made the clay story up. That's pretty much what they did for this Diana. She was originally thought to have been made from clay but was later told it was a lie.

There are several stories where the fact that Wonder Woman was made of clay crops up --- the Divided We Fall arc of JLA where the Cathexis revert her back to a clay statue, the Primeval one-shot, the False Faces story with Clayface, etc etc. None of those stories would make any sense if the clay origin was revealed to be a lie.

I know of those stories, I've read them lol. Assuming Post-Crisis stayed and DC wanted to change her origin I'm sure the writers would find a way to work with it or around it, that's their job, isn't it? Or perhaps they'd have killed off Diana completely and reincarnated her that way. I dunno, I just think DC could and would have found a way to reboot Diana while in Post-Crisis continuity if they wanted.

they could have made all the changes to Wonder Woman really easily...they had her set up perfectly for a reboot in her Pre52 series

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

a veritable sh!t-ton of good stories...especially compared to the New 52

Psshh what good in continuity stories did he have? :P
    BB

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@frozen: The New 52 has been doing a good job establishing a story for Captain Marvel, but it didn't have to ruin his character to do it. Trying to make him a rough kid who learns to be good is very unoriginal, and a bit lazy. I would have much rather enjoyed a story about Billy being good, and facing the challenges that come from being such a pure good person. I think that would be more interesting and far more original. Plus I don't like his new costume, don't get me wrong, that's probably one of the few things I can forgive, but I still think they could have done a better job redesigning it.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Breadspread

Wonder Woman, but to be honest I didn't read much before the New 52 but was completely taken with Azzarello and Chiang's work on the series.

BlackRobin195

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shazam and Aquaman

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@jayc1324 said:

@outside_85: but wasn't he still meant to be stronger than superman?

He was meant to be a replacement satan, I don't think Kirby invented Darkseid to compete with Superman.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I wonder if the people who mentioned Animal Man and Swamp Thing even read their previous series.

I only mentioned Animal Man because with the reboot he became more popular.People started mentioning him left and right although he had a great previous series with Grant Morrison on it.But it seems like people prefer Lemire's run more than Morrison's one.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@tdk_1997 said:

@billy_batson said:

I only mentioned Animal Man because with the reboot he became more popular.People started mentioning him left and right although he had a great previous series with Grant Morrison on it.But it seems like people prefer Lemire's run more than Morrison's one.

He got more popular sure but I wouldn't call it improving a character, and almost all prefer Morrison's over Lemire's.

BB

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Superman for me.

DC ran out of stories. So bad that they took Supes out of Action for a while and had him roaming around in "Walking".

N52 Superman is just a better character, a more rounded character with a better supporting cast. All we need to do is axe Lobdell from the Superman title and we'll have Soule, Pak and Geoff on Superman. Talking All-Stars.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman definitely improved IMO. His New-52 character concept much more to my liking than previous one.

Wonder Woman. I finally managed to read her first seventeen New-52 issues. If Azzarello still writing her title on a level, then it definite improvement over what she had a couple of years before Flashpoint.

Swamp Thing. Maybe it’s not a New-52-related, but what Soule writes is very interesting and solid storytelling.

Guy Gardner probably. First time ever I actually can tolerate him.

Just a couple days ago I finished reading New-52 Captain Atom’s limited run. That’s a strong pretendent in “improved characters” list.

Quite many people said encouraging things about Animal Man, Aquaman and Green Arrow.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@tdk_1997 said:

@billy_batson said:

He got more popular sure but I wouldn't call it improving a character, and almost all prefer Morrison's over Lemire's.

BB

It's a slight improvement in popularity not in character's growth or role in the universe.It is understandable why they prefer Morrison's one.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Animal Man, Green Arrow & Batwomen for me.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@jayc1324: Which only happened when not very good writers got their hands on him. The difference was that Darkseid wasn't a villain everyone gets to pile up on like Thanos is over at Marvel. As for silly slapping, Darkseid can do that too.

No Caption Provided

Darkseid: Superman I command you to...FAP

Superman: Yes master Darkseid, "looks at a Wonder Woman photo" fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: he doesn't need that when he can just actually have wonder woman

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#70  Edited By 2cool4fun

Aquaman ( the new 52 is like a whole new life to this guy )

Mera

Batwoman

Red Hood

Animal Man

Arsenal ( was never a big fan of him, but now he is a really good character )

Deathstroke ( he showed us from issue 1 that he is the biggest badass around )

Kyle Rayner ( The dude finally got his own book, and becoming a white lantern bumped him from my 2nd to my #1 favorite lantern character )

Guy Gardner ( always hated him, but ever since he became a Red Lantern I started loving him as a character, plus now all 4 main human lanterns have their own book, instead of being crammed in 1/2 books )

Phantom Stranger

Deadman

Larfleeze

Lois Lane ( showing that she does not always have to be Superman's love interest, but can also play the friend role )

Supergirl ( most of you might disagree, but until now, she was just Kal El in a female body, now she at least has a different personality to go with all this, plus I find this a much better origin than the one from Superman/Batman where she just f**king accepts the lose of her planet and learns a whole language in under 1 month )

Kryprro, he looks way mroe badass!

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#71  Edited By deathstroke52
    No Caption Provided

Aquaman

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Aquaman
    • Barry Allen
    • Steve Trevor
    CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Improved

Barry Allen- Everything for him in the New 52 has been amazing for him and the rest of the Flash cast. All that is missing is Wally.

Aquaman- More people respect him which is great! Aquaman has always been a cool character though now DC and the fans are finally noticing him.

Martian Manhunter- Martian Manhunter now seems to be more important. I know they took him off the main League and I have been constantly bitching about I do like the treatment he has been getting. Before New 52 he was dead and I didn't have much too do with the League. Now it does seem he has been everywhere and more mysterious though I do miss him being on the main team.

Steve Trevor- Actually is cool now!

Dick Grayson- Yes they ruined the Nightwing mantle and they took away a lot of the Robin history it the concept of him being a spy has kinda got me excited. Grayson is evolving and his book will step out of the Bat family books meaning Dick can stop living in the shadows of Batman events.

The Spectre- Haven't read anything with him in it though I have seen Jim Corrigan learned what pants are. Hurray for Spectre!

Phantom Stranger- I knew of him and what he was about though it never did seem like he had much to do with anything in the DCU.

Red Hood- As much as I hate Jason I actually don't mind him being alive.

Frankenstein- I like how much he has been involved. I find it fun having Frankenstein fight with the Justice League and is part of a Justice League and agency.

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman,Black Manta,Swamp Thing,Anton Arcane

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Supergirl Aquaman and Wonder Woman

Avatar image for name_already_chosen
    name_already_chosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor. Iron Man. Captain America. Sentry. Brother Voodoo. Shroud. Rocket Racer. They're all looking pretty good compared to New 52.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.