Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

What is the better book: Batman Inc. or Earth 2?

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

To put this short-I'm new to comics and want to keep a list with 8 titles as a maximum. I can't decide which one of these to get. What's your choice? Thanks to anyone for posting.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone.........?

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By batmannflash

ummm it's really close but I say Earth 2. Batman Inc does have significant events which I won't spoil, just in case, but I think Earth 2 is more interesting and the drawing is better. are you reading any other bat-related books? then you should probably pick Earth 2. there are plenty of Bat-family books already

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I say Earth 2. Batman Inc does have significant events which I won't spoil, just in case, but I think Earth 2 is more interesting and the drawing is better.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: I know that Damian dies, if that's what you mean, but that's all I know (no specifics please) And I am reading 5 books, 3 of them are bat-related (Batman, Batman and Robin, and Nightwing. One of the main reasons I was thinking about Batman Inc. was because Damian died in it and I know that would affect other books. Do they cover this in the other bat-titles that involve Damian or do you have to get Batman Inc. to understand what happened?

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rulerofthisuniverse: if i remember correctly, yes, they cover damian's death in Batman Inc (how he dies, why, etc...). i recommend Batman Inc if you wanna know that. They do go over the impact of his death heavily in Batman and Batman&Robin, but they don't go in depth of what actually happened. however, it isn't confusing at all if you don't read it. it's up to you. and just wondering, what are the other two books you are reading?

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: Thanks for the help. The other 2 books are Justice League and Aquaman, although I'm just got issue 1 of the flash and plan on catching up with that series because I really liked it (on the 5 other comics, I'm on month 6).

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Tacos_Kickass

I would say get Earth 2, you don't wanna overdose on Batman stuff.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tacos_kickass: Yeah, even though Batman's my favorite character, having that many bat-family titles would probably be a bit much.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'll go with Earth 2. I might go to Batman Inc. when I get up to the Damian thing if it seems necessary. Thanks for your help!

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earth 2.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually prefer Earth 2 myself. Love the art especially in comparison to Bat Inc., and I also like the complete re-imagining of the characters.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, I guess lots of people prefer Earth 2. Thanks for everyones help, I'll get issue 1 soon.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Inc is better IMO, but its ending with #13 so you can get the TPB later, Earth 2 is great too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.