Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

What is Annual#1/#0 issues?

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Al_capOWN

So with the new 52 ive noticed that there's "0" and "Annual #1" numbered issues. Im confused by this issues as far as the order they fall in into their series. For example, I though #0 took place before number 1 issue, but I found out that it was released way after the first issue, so maybe is a "prequel" or something? IDK? What about the annual issues? Any light into my confusion is greatly appreciated.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

At the time of Zero month, the issues were meant to be prologues to upcoming stories, so check the cover dates to see where they fit in.

Not really sure about the annuals. They are usually stand alone stories.

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#0 issues are preludes that should be read after issue #12 for the original titles and somewhere after #4 or #5 for the series that started later. You may ask, why wouldn't I read them before issue 1? If you NEED continuity than you can try it but some of them might not make much sense if you havent read the regular series.

Annuals are a different story. I normally skip them because they are usually are just stand alone issues that dont have much to do with the ongoing story. Sometimes they end storylines in the Annual which is a pain because then you have to track them down. My LCBS doesnt usually carry them unless people specifically request them. On rare occasions a company will create a long cross-over event that only takes place in the Annuals. The X-Titles did that once where everyone was hunting Cable and X-Force so it hopped from book to book as each X-Team squared off against them leading into the release of X-Force issue #1. If done well it is neat but normally... yeah, you can skip them.

This year I am only getting Earth 2 Annual because they are introducing Earth 2's new Batman. Other than that I am skipping them all. (It's gonna be Bain, I'm calling it now.)

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

When I get a #0 I usually just label is as a 12.5 on my computer since like the dude above me stated, they are read after 12.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, cool thanks guys.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.