Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

What Events Prior to the New 52 are still acknowledged by DC

BadNewsPoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been reading the New 52 now and I'm trying to make a list of events that happened so I know what ones to keep in the collection; I like to go back and review and read certain issue's a lot just to keep my memory fresh but I'm having a hard time figuring out what events still happened and what didn't according the soft reboot to DC Universe after Flashpoint.

Events Still Happened:

- Blackest Night / Brightest Day / War of the Green Lanterns / Batman: Death in the Family / Batman: A Killing Joke / Flashpoint

Events Forgotten:

- Crisis on Infinite Earths / Crisis Events (all 5 of them)

What am I missing.. is their a link to a list I can find?

PrimeDirective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Inc. is still canon too as far as I know.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kilowog52

Nobody knows but Jesus!

Seriously it's like some events happened in some titles yet not in others and some aspects of the events happened while others didn't. It's a mess!

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@badnewspoe: I heard that in Hawk and Dove, Hank Hall referenced Don's death in some crisis. So possibly one of the crisis happened.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilowog52: I hate convoluted time lines. DC needs to clean it up.

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TehStranger

Wait a minute, if Blackest Night happened wouldn't Nekron need Anti-Monitor in order to power the Black Lantern or something like that? If so and Anti-Monitor exists did the COIE happen? If not what is the point of the Anti-Monitor existing in the New 52? Furthermore wasn't his army built up of people who had died before? Wouldn't that suggest that his army consisting of people like Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, etc. were all killed at one point? If so, the the New 52 is even more convoluted than Pre-52 since all these events have happened in less time.

What was the point of the New 52 again? Oh yeah, to simplify the universe. Good job guys.

BadNewsPoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BadNewsPoe

Ok so the more reading I have done into the new 52 I have come to the conclusion that COIE DID infact happen; I also tied up Hawk and Dove which Hawk does mention that Don died in Crisis on Infinite Earths. Which makes sense because Anti-Monitor still exists if Blackest Night happened. So I'm thinking Crisis on Infinite Earths is still part of the cannon and the new Dove is the same white light that existed in Brightest Day which ties all those events together leading into Flashpoint. Blackest Night and the Sinestro Corps War etc all tied into Hal becoming Parallax and if their still cannon that means COIE did happen.

Bruce Wayne DID die or was trapped in a different time which means Final Crisis did happen and Batgirl did get shot by Joker so I'm thinking the events so far prior to the New 52 reboot that happened were.

- Crisis on Infinite Earths / Final Crisis / Batman: Death in the Family / Batman: A Killing Joke / Sinestro Corps War / Blackest Night / Brightest Day / Rebirth of Green Lantern including all the Green Lantern Corps storyline / War of the Green Lanterns (which ties directly into the new 52) / Flashpoint

If anyone can expand on this list, please help me out. I will go and continue reading.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've come to the conclusion that each of the New 52's series exist in separate, yet very similar, parallel universe. That explains why it seems like it's one shared universe, but contains a large number of contradictions.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.