Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

What else to read?

Spudd4242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spudd4242

Hey all first post here! Awesome site! Since I just realized dc did a reboot, I'm gonna start reading them! Thus far I have Aquaman Batman Batman inc Batman and robin Green latern Flash Do those seem like a good round about, I was thinking of doing maybe justice league and I don't know about Nightwing ? I guess I'm looking for suggestions, I'm also doing first prints only :)

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SuperShafe

action comics. its Grant morrison on superman, that ought to be enough reason

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By the_tree

If you like Batman and Batman & Robin, you'll probably like Nightwing, it's a pretty good series. The first arc for Justice League wasn't that great, but I'm liking the current arc, it's worth checking out. If you want to read good supernatural-type books, I Vampire, Justice League Dark, Animal Man, and Swamp Thing are highly recommended. Red Hood and the Outlaws is a fun book, I'd suggest it to anyone. If you want to read a good Superman book, then Action Comics is the book for you. If you're a fan of Greek mythology and tough women, then you'd probably really like Wonder Woman. And lastly, if you like weird sci-fi and team books, you may be interested in checking out Stormwatch, I really like it.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By jwalser3

IMO I like Justice League, people seem to have mixed feelings for it. Aquaman is good, so is Batman and Robin is good. I loved the first story arc.

But other suggestions, pick up Animal man and Action comics.

Stay away from

• Deathstroke
    • Hawkman
    • Suicide Squad

And you should be good lol.

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cuddles666

@jwalser3 said:

IMO I like Justice League, people seem to have mixed feelings for it. Aquaman is good, so is Batman and Robin is good. I loved the first story arc.

But other suggestions, pick up Animal man and Action comics.

Stay away from

• Deathstroke
    • Hawkman
    • Suicide Squad

And you should be good lol.

I don't know about Deathstroke and Hawkman, but I actually enjoy Suicide Squad. Granted, it's just an immature "dark" book where the plot is kind of eclipsed by wondering who they're going to kill next, but if you want something stylish, light, and action heavy, then I recommend it. Although the new Harley takes a bit of getting used to.....

Spudd4242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spudd4242

Thanks for the suggestions!

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Duke_Nasty

This is my pull list for DC

Animal Man, Aquaman, Batman, Catwoman, Swamp Thing, Wonder Woman

Catwoman has been alright and the others have been great. Nightwing has been good in the few issues I've read and I might drop Catwoman for that.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Blood1991

You have a good list, I've been reading Wonder Woman and have enjoyed it thus far, though Aquaman is my favorite DC title "it is just awesome"

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By jwalser3

@cuddles666:It's just the art work and chances they did to the characters.

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cuddles666

@jwalser3 said:

@cuddles666:It's just the art work and chances they did to the characters.

Fair enough.

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cuddles666

@Spudd4242 said:

Hey all first post here! Awesome site! Since I just realized dc did a reboot, I'm gonna start reading them! Thus far I have Aquaman Batman Batman inc Batman and robin Green latern Flash Do those seem like a good round about, I was thinking of doing maybe justice league and I don't know about Nightwing ? I guess I'm looking for suggestions, I'm also doing first prints only :)

Earth 2. So far it's my favorite of all the New 52 books. It kind of reads like a Justice League book, only the JSAers are completely revamped with new powers and origins, so everything feels fresh. It also has a great balance in terms of story and action.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#12  Edited By MadeinBangladesh
    @Spudd4242: try nightwing<---- worth it. Also Animal man and Swamp thing.
    derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By derf_jenkins

The DC books I am really excited about are; Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Aquaman, Action, Earth 2, JL Dark, All-Star Western, Batman and Resurrection Man (even thought it's ending)...I pretty much read these ones right away on Wednesday.

Avatar image for fullmetalchobit
    FullmetalChobit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By FullmetalChobit

My pull-list is:

Aquaman, Blue Beetle, Batman & Robin, Deathstroke, Stormwatch, Green Lantern.

I have recently snubbed Green Arrow because it is terrible. I also had Justice League International but that sadly got axed not that long ago. I've heard a lot of good stuff about the other Batman titles (there certainly seems to be enough of them!). My brother reads Red Hood and says it's great, Nightwing is also supposed to be awesome.

I CANNOT recommend Aquaman enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.