Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

What do u guys think about the New 52 so far?

Thecomicexpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have read a bunch like the BATMAN series I'vee read the batman and robin new 52, teen titans and many others but my favorite is BATMAN. Main reasons are Scott Snyder, Greg Capullo and Johnathan Glapion. They are the perfect trio for getting batman's look storyline and art together. But I want to read Superman unchained because of Scott Snyder. I have been wanting to read green lantern new 52. Can u guys tell me how u liked green lantern and superman Unchaned new 52's. Hoping to see some good facts bye.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2 dernman  Online

Besides a few good things here and there it's been a huge disappointment.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mixed bag imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

We've had some good stories (here's the part where I say how much I love Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino's Green Arrow), but for the most part, I don't think a full reboot was necessary.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

It's brought in some good stories but isn't necessarily necessary

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Same as anything really.

Some great. Some ok. Some bad.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love it! It got me into comics

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@xwraith said:

We've had some good stories (here's the part where I say how much I love Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino's Green Arrow), but for the most part, I don't think a full reboot was necessary.

something else to read would be "I, Vampire" which was drawn by Sorrentino too

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By lamdaddy20

Overall, I like the New 52. Batman/Aquaman really benefited from this reboot, Jeff Lemire's run on Green Arrow was awesome. Green Lantern and Flash (for the most part) are also pretty good. I don't like some of the relationships (especially Superman/WW) and there tends to be Batman overload but its pretty good so far.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Good so far.Started off slow but it is doing a lot better now.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mixed bag. Marvel Now has been a bit more consistent, but overall DC survived a full reboot LOL.

Draksis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love it! It got me into comics

Me too. I concur.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is way too much hate on the New 52. Maybe some of it isn't amazing and there were some crappy bits at the start, like Superman and Green Arrow, but after Geoff Johns started on Superman and Jeff Lemire started on Green Arrow they've been good. So things are improving all the time, I can't think of anything I've read recently that's been bad. It's definitely improving and it's frankly annoying as hell when people keep saying "waa, me no like New 52, me want old universe back, me hate change"

The New 52 Green Lantern is really good (especially when Geoff Johns was writing it, but Robert Venditti is doing a pretty good job too) and while I haven't read Superman Unchained I've heard a lot of people say it's great, and if it's written by Scott Snyder and drawn by Jim Lee it has to be pretty good right?

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minisaladfresh: the titles you mentioned are a small fraction of the New 52.

All the Teen Titans stuff is garbage.

All the Earth 2 stuff is garbage (sorry to say that, Robinson)

The Trinity of Sin is garbage.

The Superman Family titles were garbage for a long time and have only began to improve recently.

Green Arrow is mediocre again.

The Justice League titles are either mediocre or unoriginal rehashes or both.

The continuity makes no sense at all.

They lost a number of top talents.

There's plenty of issues. I feel like a broken record at this point but so many of these threads get made.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the time period where I started reading comics, but I read many pre-52 comics and I could see the difference between them. I liked the new 52, but compared to pre-52, I liked pre-52 more.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MiniSaladFresh

@timelordscience: I'm aware that there was a lot of crap, but can you honestly say that everything DC was doing pre-reboot was great? We're still only a few years into the new universe, of course things are still going to be a little shaky but there's no reason why 10 years from now we can't have a great universe full of fantastic comics, and while DC may have lost some great talent in the reboot I'm sure some fresh new talent will pop up soon enough.

I never claimed that the New 52 was perfect, God knows it's not, but there's no going back now and so I think we as fans have to give DC feedback about what's good and what needs to change so that it can improve over time. The situation might not be ideal for many people but constantly saying "the New 52 sucks, the reboot should never have happened, I want the old universe back" doesn't help at all. As I said, DC can't go back to the old universe, they just have to keep moving forward with the New 52 and if people are just throwing around general complaints rather than giving them actual helpful feedback then they can't really do anything but guess; how are they supposed to give the fans what they want if the fans won't actually tell them?

That's the point I'm trying to make, not that the New 52 is the best thing to ever happen to comics, just that it has the potential to be great but all of the random hating on it in general rather than highlighting the specific problems doesn't help at all.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Scott Snyder's "Super-Man" isn't Superman.

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minisaladfresh: let me add something then: a lot of the stuff that is garbage is exacerbated by the fact that DC tried to fix things that weren't broken. That's what fans of Pre-Nu52 are upset about. Streamlining the continuity sounds great. The issue: the continuity still isn't streamlined. And now because of their failed attempts some characters are outright ruined.

I agree that the quality of each title is probably about the same, all things considered. The issue is that great parts of the continuity were jettisoned for no good reason. Marvel still has all of their continuity and they come out on top most months. The reboot wasn't necessary.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelordscience: I think that's a reasonable explanation, and I'd probably agree.

Good lord, someone get a cake, an internet debate has actually been resolved peacefully. It's a Christmas miracle!

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Cap10nate

I never read much DC before the 52. I started reading about 10 titles from the start of New52 and dropped that down to 2 but have read a lot of Flash during a Comixology sale and might catch up to that and follow monthly instead of trades. I haven't been thoroughly impressed with what I have read so far with the exception of Swamp Thing and Aquaman.

I have been reading some of the old continuity here and there, but I only pick and choose the celebrated runs, so I can't comment on the overall state of the universe at the time of Flashpoint.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Other then what happened to Captain Marvel I like it a whole lot

nobodyisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like the New 52. I like some of the stories that have come out, but not the restarting of everything aspect, no matter what they change about the characters.

Bats_Colony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Other than the fact that Aquaman is portrayed better, New 52 is hard to digest. Maybe it'll grow on me. Superman and a few others would look more believable if I'm told they're their alternate selves from other dimensions.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By batmite1995

@minisaladfresh: I agree dude I mean fans continuously complain about pre52 but before n52 DC sales were really low .....but now it matches sales with marvel..if they missed pre52 so much why didn't they buy it more then???

fridric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minisaladfresh: the titles you mentioned are a small fraction of the New 52.

All the Teen Titans stuff is garbage.

All the Earth 2 stuff is garbage (sorry to say that, Robinson)

The Trinity of Sin is garbage.

The Superman Family titles were garbage for a long time and have only began to improve recently.

Green Arrow is mediocre again.

The Justice League titles are either mediocre or unoriginal rehashes or both.

The continuity makes no sense at all.

They lost a number of top talents.

There's plenty of issues. I feel like a broken record at this point but so many of these threads get made.

I feel the same. At the beginning I'm happy with Earth 2 but it s*x now(I enjoyed when there's no Superman and Batman in this universe but when they added a new Sup and new Bat I cried).

PS: anyone know how old is Earth 2's Batman(the father of Bruce): 80 to 90 years old! And he still continues to be Bat! For the next reboot/relauch I suggest a mummy Bat like that we are sure he is old enough.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_stegman  Moderator

Same as anything really.

Pretty much this.

Avatar image for xtreme4357_magic
    Xtreme4357_magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Xtreme4357_magic
    No Caption Provided

They're not bad but not too good either. At least DC and Warner Bros. gonna use some characters New 52 for movies.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Transformers1024

It has it's moments.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I'm enjoying it and it got me into comics.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far some has good stories, some are bad but yeah it is inevitable there will always be something unpleasant to see/read. Either ways, New 52 is great, actually enjoying it.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard:

I'm enjoying it and it got me into comics.

true . I even got through the first 30 issues of Aquaman, and for me thats no small feat

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same as anything really.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.