Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

What DC character needs new villains?

• 124 results
    Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What character need new villains? and what kind of villains?

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman needs a competent female villain

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman.

Superman has Luthor.

Batman has Joker.

Wonder Woman ... has sexism?

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@sealife: they can always just make the ones he already has better like Faora or Livewire. They can also bring back a Volcana while they're at it.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife: they can always just make the ones he already has better like Faora or Livewire. They can also bring back a Volcana while they're at it.

Yeah, of course they can. It's just that Faora is so close to Zod, and making her better while not really hard as they just can show her ruthlessness and combat skills as superior to Zod. However awesome or badass that makes her she will still make her a sidekick. That's similar to the problem I have with Harley being listed on best female list as she hasn't exactly done much on her own

For Livewire I actually thought she would be a good villain for him in the early issues of his books as they seemed to imply he was harmed by electricity, but that seem to have gone away now, So what would she really do to him? They could make her have magical lightning I guess? I also always thought electricity should be a problem for him. I am not the greatest at physics so please tell me if I am totally wrong on this, but with Superman having denser skin and physicality shouldn't electricity do more damage because of more resistance?

And it is the same problem with Volcana she doesn't really have anything to hurt him with does she? I don't know much about her however.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JJ_Was_Here

@black_claw: I agree. When Zod dies (and I say this because that has typically been the villain's ultimate fate) then Faora could be that replacement. The tactical and powerful female villain.

Other than that? Hmm...I'd say Cyborg. Yeah, he totally needs a new villain. Any villain, really. But who? Hmmmm......

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@jj_was_here: Cyborg is gonna need a lot of new villains if he's going to get his own ongoing one day. That or they could have him butt heads with existing villains like T.O. Morrow.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: The Key and Equus are perfect villains for a character like Cyborg. They are technological villains underrated and underused and would be great see them become Cyborg's Joker and Bane.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger: Wonder Woman has Circe, Ares, Cheetah, Alkyone, Hades and Giganta , Queen Clea, Dott Poison and Dott psycho.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: I think the Tinkerer would be a good character for him. He's a mostly intangible technology based threat. Or a reverse Cyborg. White dude, black cybernetics. I don't know. I'm not a comic creator. They pay people for this.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@tyger: Cheetah and Circe fool

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: My bad, I meant the Thinker.

http://www.comicvine.com/thinker/4005-23851/

That guy.....man I miss checkmate.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife: Volcana makes more sense as a Martian Manhunter villain IMO ( yet another character who needs new villains)

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sealife

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@sealife: Volcana makes more sense as a Martian Manhunter villain IMO ( yet another character who needs new villains)

True, but doesn't he have enough of those that just need to be fleshed out?

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Green Lantern

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: what? Sinestro, Atrocitus, Larfleeze, Parallax, Scar, Star Sapphire

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ScouterV

Hawkman

Aquaman

Batman

Red Hood

Wonder Woman

The Teen Titans

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@moul: All garbage characters except for Sinestro.These days he is a anti-hero more than a villian.

Larfleeze as powerful as he is, the writing for him is very bad.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@sealife: Harley has done tons of stuff on her own away from the Joker. The Sirens and Suicide Squad are some teams she has been a part of away from the Joker. In her original ongoing she started her own gang that butted heads with the Riddler's and ended up destroying Wayne Manor calling the attention of Big Barda. She messed with the Martian Manhunter in an issue or two. She is having her current adventures right now in her ongoing and really she barely has been seen with the Joker in the New 52.

I do think Superman could use a good female villain and I think if DC actually payed attention to Wonder Woman's villains and pushed them more she could have her Joker/Lex Luthor like character.

Green Arrow maybe. Really he is like Wonder Woman. Writers just need to push the villains more.

Cyborg would need some if he is ever going to get an ongoing and the Martian Manhunter really has been in need of some. Martian Manhunter's lack of villains really is what has been holding him back for so long (that and he was the one original member of the Justice League never to get an ongoing and only very briefly held a cover space).

The Atom maybe could use a few new ones and maybe even the Hawks. Plastic Man needs some villains. They could really go out with his seeing how crazy he is. Black Canary dealing with some of her own would be nice.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Power Girl. Who does she have anyway?

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plastic Man deserves his own series and some villains!!!

A couple of them could be serious villains while most of them should be comic reliefs.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazyscarecrow:

Oh, I thought I had written it in my post, but meant without a team, because yeah I know she had and has her own comic, but she doesn't really do anything significant against other heroes and villains it just fun stories. She robs and kills, but nothing that really makes her a good villain on her own. And when she first goes against heroes or villain it's as a part of a team, Suicide Squad or Sirens.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
    HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abdullahzubair:

A couple of them could be serious villains while most of them should be comic reliefs.

Agreed. Him and Dr. Mid-Nite as well.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul: Exactly!!! But some that actually sound intimidating and are unbeatable except they have silly weaknesses.

Crazy Quilt makes me think he is a mascot for blanket company.

Egg Fu sounds like someone who you should invite for breakfast.

Killer Moth sounds like an exterminator.

Fiddler, Uggh....You don't wanna know.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul said:

@amazingwebhead: I think Powergirl should be a villain XD

Interesting idea. Can you elaborate further?

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abdullahzubair: Ok but even "Plastic Man" isn't a very good name for a hero XD

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul: I don't think much about her, honestly. I thought she was a villain but she's a hero but she's not? I don't know.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead: Probably because the first time I saw her was in the animated Justice Legue series. In this series she is a clone of Supergirl created from Project Cadmus as a contingency plan in case the Justice League turned against the US. Although the clone resembles Power Girl and wears a similar hairstyle and costume (at one point, she briefly drapes a red workout towel over her shoulder, resembling the half-cape of her comic book counterpart), her personality and origin are significantly different, being a supervillain who seeks the League's destruction. She also possesses a mental link with Supergirl, allowing them to experience each other's recent memories in the form of dreams. I think this version of Powergirl is more interesting than the original. Maybe she can become the "Amanda Waller's Superman". While Superman protect all the humans, she protects only the interests of America.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul said:

@amazingwebhead: Probably because the first time I saw her was in the animated Justice Legue series. In this series she is a clone of Supergirl created from Project Cadmus as a contingency plan in case the Justice League turned against the US. Although the clone resembles Power Girl and wears a similar hairstyle and costume (at one point, she briefly drapes a red workout towel over her shoulder, resembling the half-cape of her comic book counterpart), her personality and origin are significantly different, being a supervillain who seeks the League's destruction. She also possesses a mental link with Supergirl, allowing them to experience each other's recent memories in the form of dreams. I think this version of Powergirl is more interesting than the original. Maybe she can become the "Amanda Waller's Superman". While Superman protect all the humans, she protects only the interests of America.

Ah yes, I remember that. In the show she was called Galatea.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife: A lot of people think the greatest Superman's weakness is magic, so someone like enchantress (she wil become very popular with the Suicide Squad movie) could work

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj_was_here: She could be a good villain for Superman? I mean, it's impossible fight shadows, even if you have the super strength

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sealife

@moul said:

@sealife: A lot of people think the greatest Superman's weakness is magic, so someone like enchantress (she wil become very popular with the Suicide Squad movie) could work

And she is insane so it would be a fun confrontation. I want this to happen now.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife: I think she is considered a good villain just due to how interesting she. Her backstory, her personality. She goes beyond the average sidekick when it comes to villain and actually became just as popular just by being so crazy and care free. I think she ranks as so high up as a villain due to who she is rather than her actual villain feats.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul: WE cant change it now can we?

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazyscarecrow: Harley Quinn isn't a great villain, but she is a great character

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By deathstroke52

Aquaman needs a villain other than Ocean Master and Black Manta.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a specific thing that got me thinking a few days ago, why don't we give more villians to new heroes. For instance Azbat had some villians and the only stand outs are even then c listers at best who where never used to often after him. We need to give new characters or legacy character there own rotating rouges cause we seem to give them just a big villian rather than developing a gallery. I think it this applies to other characters, we try and make new villians these massive deal while we need more for lack if a better term comic book villains. The Azbat villains the trigger twins are the kind of characters I want to see for other characters, fun villians that can pop up every once and a while but not be a big freaking deal or become obscure.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Creeper definitely needed a rogues gallery. It might have helped save him from his tragic fate.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: I think the Creeper needs a redesign and a relaunch because he's a very interesting character, plus everyone loves the Joker and the Creeper could be a sort of "good Joker"

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Chemo could be one of his enemies?

And he kind of already has Rubberneck.

Aquaman needs a villain other than Ocean Master and Black Manta.

I thought The Dead King was cool, but I wish he could be seen as a more lasting character.

@moul said:

I honestly think they should bring Galatea back. Or could have. She could have been Power Girl from Earth-3, but on the way to Prime Earth, she got dropped off in Earth-2. Or something like that...I really did like Galatea. Especially when she came back with the Ultimen and was all buff and BA.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@amazingwebhead said:
    @moul said:

I honestly think they should bring Galatea back. Or could have. She could have been Power Girl from Earth-3, but on the way to Prime Earth, she got dropped off in Earth-2. Or something like that...I really did like Galatea. Especially when she came back with the Ultimen and was all buff and BA.

Yeah, I miss that show

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazyscarecrow:

Don't misunderstand I get why she is popular. I just think the fact that she receives a higher ranking in top villain lists just because of her character is idiotic. Of course the character should count, but their villainous roles should be more important. On for example IGNs top 25 dc villains list. Harley was higher ranked than Ivy, Deathstroke, Black Adam and Reverse-Flash just because of her having a great personality, idiotic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.