What characters have went past the light barrier?

#1 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

I only know of Flash. And that's due to the extra dimensional energy of the Speed Force.

Anyone know who else?

#2 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that's it, if you only consider DC

#3 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lanterns do or it would take them years to get to Oa. They cheat though, they warp space like spaceships do (at least I believe that's the reasoning). The 853rd century Superman can.

#4 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"I think that's it, if you only consider DC"

yes. DC Universe Forum.

#5 Posted by Shazam (Lord M.) (640 posts) - - Show Bio

i could ^.^

#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

LOOKS AT MARVEL AND SHAZAM

Wow I think I'm seeing double

#7 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Green Lanterns do or it would take them years to get to Oa. They cheat though, they warp space like spaceships do (at least I believe that's the reasoning). The 853rd century Superman can."

Is that One Million?

Nighthunter says:

"*LOOKS AT MARVEL AND SHAZAM*Wow I think I'm seeing double"

lol

#8 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, that's Superman one million (who can leap from planet to planet in a single bound).

#9 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Yes, that's Superman one million (who can leap from planet to planet in a single bound)."

I have all One Million issues. I need the time to read them.

#10 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Supreme Marvel says:

"Cosmic Sentinel says:
"Yes, that's Superman one million (who can leap from planet to planet in a single bound)."
I have all One Million issues. I need the time to read them."

I have most of them I think.

#11 Posted by Blue Lantern 2814 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Green Lanterns do or it would take them years to get to Oa. They cheat though, they warp space like spaceships do (at least I believe that's the reasoning). The 853rd century Superman can."

I always thought that the speed of light was only thing that they couldn't break (GLs). I have a novel where Kyle is moving 99% the speed of light, and he was told that was the only known limitation of the power rings.

#12 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Lantern 2814 says:

"Cosmic Sentinel says:

I always thought that the speed of light was only thing that they couldn't break (GLs). I have a novel where Kyle is moving 99% the speed of light, and he was told that was the only known limitation of the power rings."

times have changed.

#13 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah superman one million was almost cool but sorta another way to make him look like the strongest their was although i do admit he was pretty strong he said he could blow out a star and he blew out firestorm he held a whole galaxy up i think which is a pretty big feat considering a galaxy can have up to 200 to 400 billion solar systems to think about that. But in dc their are quite a few that could but since we can't name them i guess just flash.

#14 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantasma Ghost says:

"Lightray of the New Gods."

can he go past light-speed?

#15 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Lightray of the New Gods.

#16 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Supreme Marvel says:

"Fantasma Ghost says:
"Lightray of the New Gods."

can he go past light-speed?"

It has been said that he could go faster, but I have only see him at light speed.

#17 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Lantern 2814 says:

"Cosmic Sentinel says:
I always thought that the speed of light was only thing that they couldn't break (GLs). I have a novel where Kyle is moving 99% the speed of light, and he was told that was the only known limitation of the power rings."

I think that's as fast as they can fly. They have to go faster to go from star system to star system which I believe is achieved by messing with space rather than actually moving faster than light.

#18 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

WE only naming people who can go or have done it before cause i got a list lol.

#19 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"WE only naming people who can go or have done it before cause i got a list lol."

People that can go past light-speed.

#20 Posted by Blue Lantern 2814 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Blue Lantern 2814 says:
"Cosmic Sentinel says:

I think that's as fast as they can fly. They have to go faster to go from star system to star system which I believe is achieved by messing with space rather than actually moving faster than light."

The book's not even 3 years old though. It's the one that was written by Dennis O'Neil. "Hero's Quest."

http://www.amazon.ca/Green-Lantern-Heros-Dennis-ONeil/dp/0743417127

#21 Posted by Knightwing (333 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Lantern 2814 says:

"Cosmic Sentinel says:

Look at the author it was Denny O'Neil, and the novel was meant to give writers and newcomers a chance to come up with stories without being hampered by continuity.

#22 Posted by Knightwing (333 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash (Barry Allen) went 5 times faster than the speed of light to stop the Anti-Moniter from firing the anti-matter cannon during the Crisis on Infinite Earths. Barry went so fast, he was absorbed into the time stream and characters after the first Crisis knew about him.

#23 Posted by Superboy-Prime 10000 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Superman:Silver Age Superman can travels thousands times the speed of light.

2.The Flash:During the Crisis Of Infinite Earths,Barry Allen,the one who can travels faster than "The speed of thought",push himself further 10x faster,then appeared to be waste away as he push himself further than that.

3.Most of the Green Lanterns can travels faster than the speed of light.

"Flight is possible at velocities exceeding light speed. In atmospheres, air friction is not a hindrance, since heat is either absorbed or reflected by the ring's field."

http://www.glcorps.org/book.html Check out "Space Travel and Force Field"

#24 Posted by King Saturn (225046 posts) - - Show Bio

Didnt Superman Prime from the DC-One Million series go past the light barrier ?

#25 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.