Warner Bros. Interactive Announces 'Injustice: Gods Among Us'

• 200 results
Posted by G-Man (30617 posts) - - Show Bio

What do we often see in comic books? We usually see superheroes fighting supervillains. But that isn't always how it goes. Often we see hero fighting hero for whatever reason. It's a great treat for readers as we always discuss who would win in a fight if two heroes were pitted against each other. We're about to get that scenario in video game format. Warner Bros. Interactive asks, "What if our greatest heroes became our greatest threat?"

Warner Bros. Interactive has announced Injustice: Gods Among Us from the award-winning NetherRealm Studios. If you didn't already know, they're the creators of the Mortal Kombat franchise (and are also responsible for 2008's Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe). he game is scheduled for release in 2013 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Wii U™ system from Nintendo.

The game will feature a large cast including Batman, Harley Quinn, Solomon Grundy, Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman and many others. The line between good and evil has been blurred and we'll be seeing heroes and villains fighting epic battles on a massive scale.

Interestingly enough, the press release for this announcement left out some crucial information. Our friends over at GameSpot have even more information (and some screenshots that I'm borrowing).

It turns out that Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti are the ones responsible for coming up with a way for all of this to go down. This is great news for comic fans as having actual comic book writers involved will add to the credibility of the way the characters are used.

Be sure to check out GameSpot's coverage as they have loads more details on how the game and environment will work.

If that wasn't enough, GameSpot even has the announcement trailer.

As soon as this game is in the building, I'm going to have to find out who has a copy.

Staff
#1 Posted by SoA (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

ill give it a shot if they include deathstroke (like in mk vs dc) otherwise meh .

#2 Posted by Icarusflies (12456 posts) - - Show Bio

:D :D :D :D

EEEEEE!!!

I WANT THIS SO MUCH!!!!

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by NightFang (9862 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, their using the New 52 costumes.

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman still looks awkward the second time through.

#5 Posted by Inverno (13057 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Awwww c'mon...

#7 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

like mk vs dc didnt suck a$$

#8 Edited by Recoil1985 (521 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

ill give it a shot if they include deathstroke (like in mk vs dc) otherwise meh .

They had him in their previous game DC vs Mortal Kombat, so I think it's fair to assume they have him in mind for this one, too ;)

Honestly, I'm excited. Mortal Kombat 9 was superb and if this is even remotely as good I'll probably enjoy it.

I'm surprised Green Lantern wasn't used in the reveal, though.

#9 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

EXCITINGGGGGGGGGG

@Deranged Midget said:

Awwww c'mon...

*pat pat*

I saw your thread first if it makes you feel better

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang said:

Mortal Kombat is known for alternate costumes so there's still a chance for the classics.

#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

Awwww c'mon...

Your thread was better. 
#12 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio
What are the chances of this guy in DLC?
#13 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Awwww c'mon...

I don't understand why they locked yours?

#14 Posted by Robrat93 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes looks way better than MK vs DC and using the impressive animation of DCUO awesome :D

#15 Posted by shrmntnk62 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks amazing. Hopefully Marvel can do something like this too.

#16 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

the fact alone that harley quinn will be given the chance to defeat any hero or villain on the roster is lame but game looks pretty cool, just wish it was a different fighting engine (always found MK games to lack flow and smooth combat)

#17 Posted by NightFang (9862 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@NightFang said:

Mortal Kombat is known for alternate costumes so there's still a chance for the classics.

I hope so because I hate Superman's and Wonder Woman's new costume. It's fantasy, their allowed to be a little silly.

#18 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogue_mar1e: :(

@FadeToBlackBolt: Thanks mate.

@Gambit1024: Don't know :\ I've seen other cases where a thread would remain open even after ComicVine created their own.

#19 Posted by sweetesttoaster (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehhh...what is with these costumes. Seriously Wonder Woman wearing pants...come on.

#20 Posted by nickthedevil (11567 posts) - - Show Bio

FLASH

#21 Posted by Z3RO180 (6298 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang: dount think there the new 52 costumes and if they were cmon the costumes are awesome.

#22 Posted by FIash (63 posts) - - Show Bio

They better have a larger set of fighting moves than MK vs DC weak list.

#23 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: :( They locked it while I was watching the video on yours. Ah well.

I hate fighting games, but it's nice to see that they're making something like this with the DC characters. Now if we can only get a good MUA-style game with these guys. Justice League Heroes never happened.

#24 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

YES, THANK GOD They're finally making a game that doesn't revolve around frickin' BATMAN all the time...

#25 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Justice League what now? I can't recall such a game ever happening? :P

I personally love fighting games and it's easily one of my favourite genres. NetherRealm is the perfect studio for this and I can't wait to see more footage and hope they release a demo following E3.

#26 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

YES, THANK GOD They're finally making a game that doesn't revolve around frickin' BATMAN all the time...

THIS!

#27 Posted by NightFang (9862 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@NightFang: dount think there the new 52 costumes and if they were cmon the costumes are awesome.

Take a closer look, Wonder Woman is wearing the blue pants and Superman doesn't have his red undies and only a few of the new 52 costumes are cool.

#28 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

This also.

#29 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@shrmntnk62: I think Marvel is locked into the MvC style of fighting games but I'd rather take something like this. I'm not the biggest fan of MvC 3.

#30 Posted by Z3RO180 (6298 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang: i have just cuase one character is weraing some thing differnt does not mean its from the comics.Also if you would notice ww does not have trousers in the comics.

#31 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks super awesome! and I love the costumes and characters! I can't wait to hear more about this and buy this!!

#32 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

looks good, If any of the Teen Titans are in there it'll be a game I need to get.

#33 Posted by CrimsonTempest (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Hooray for Wonder Woman wearing pants! And if there's a chance of seeing the Secret Six involved in this game, even better!

#34 Edited by Kal'smahboi (3482 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks good. Want to play.

Also, Supes sending somebody through the stratosphere? Greatest move ever.

#35 Posted by BatWatch (2364 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! Batman sent Solomon Grundy fling sixty feet up in the air and through two walls? That's...stupid.

I didn't like MK vs. DC. The characters fighting styles felt wrong to their characters and... clunky.

#36 Posted by dewboy01 (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

monstrosity ever, yes!

#37 Posted by JusticeCovert (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang: I believe the costumes are actually new and being designed by NetherRealm Studios.

#38 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Martian Manhunter's in it. They snubbed him pretty hard in MK vs DC.

#39 Posted by Icarusflies (12456 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Awwww c'mon...

Just standard policy...if there's an official news thread, that becomes the new discussion thread even if there's a user-made one. Sorry about that.

Moderator Online
#40 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Awwww c'mon...

Just standard policy...if there's an official news thread, that becomes the new discussion thread even if there's a user-made one. Sorry about that.

*shakes fist and walks away in a rage*

#41 Posted by Lvenger (18256 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@Deranged Midget: :( They locked it while I was watching the video on yours. Ah well.

I hate fighting games, but it's nice to see that they're making something like this with the DC characters. Now if we can only get a good MUA-style game with these guys. Justice League Heroes never happened.

That was a bad year of games for me. I bought both Justice League Heroes and Superman Returns. I wish I hadn't bought either.

And this looks really cool! The trailer's frickin sweet! I'll be interested to see more info on this.

#42 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang: no, wonder woman has pants in this

#43 Posted by Recoil1985 (521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@shrmntnk62: I think Marvel is locked into the MvC style of fighting games but I'd rather take something like this. I'm not the biggest fan of MvC 3.

#44 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: I actually enjoyed Superman Returns. It wasn't a good game by any means, but I managed through it and it was alright. The combat needed more work but the flying mechanics were near perfect.

#45 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger:

never buy movie tie ins. they all suck.
#46 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Recoil1985:

Honestly though, I liked the concept of MvC 3, but the roster was horrible, it was severely lacking in modes and was had completely broken online capabilities. Oh and not to mention, Capcom's usual garbage with an "Ultimate" version 2-3 months after...

#47 Posted by Recoil1985 (521 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: X-Men Origins: Wolverine seemed to be the only exception. I never played the full game, but the demo was tons of fun.

#48 Posted by Lvenger (18256 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Combat, mission structure and variety, graphics, voice acting and other things needed work. But I agree with you that the flying mechanics were near perfect. It was cool tearing through Metropolis with the superspeed effect and the controls worked well. Even better on the Xbox 360 I've discovered since I bought the game for the original Xbox. And Superman's powers were cool and easy to switch between as well as your aim being to protect Metropolis from destruction as at the end of the day, Superman is nearly invulnerable so nothing can really hurt him.

#49 Posted by Inverno (13057 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously guys this is going to be a more badass Mortal Kombat vs DC. I think it will be better than Marvel vs Capcom 3.

#50 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

Seriously guys this is going to be a more badass Mortal Kombat vs DC. I think it will be better than Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Not hard to accomplish. The game wasn't that great.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.