Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

wall street journal snyder jla film

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

im fine with it

The Wall Street Journal also reports that Zack Snyder will direct Justice League. He can now look forward getting questions about two superhero movies instead of just one (although I suspect he still would have gotten “Are you directing Justice League?” on a semi-regular basis). It also means that the tone Snyder established with Man of Steel will remain through both pictures.

But what about other aspects of the DC Movie Universe? Wonder Woman still hasn’t received her own movie, and according to WSJ, “Warner executives said they are warm to the idea.” Sue Kroll, president of worldwide marketing (always be sure to consult the marketing people), says “That is our hope. With the right script, that could be viable. The world is ready for her.”

It doesn’t sound like Wonder Woman will get a movie in between Batman vs. Superman and Justice League, but there’s room for another hero to squeeze into 2017. It doesn’t even have to be a Justice League member. But with Marvel set on releasing at least two movies every year, I doubt Warner Bros. wants to leave a vacuum when they could keep their superhero properties rolling.

I’m sure you all have plenty of opinions on this news, so sound off in the comments section.

UPDATE: Justice League will shoot back-to-back with Batman vs. Superman, according to Borys Kit. This means that a 2017 release for Justice League is in the cards.

http://collider.com/justice-league-movie-zack-snyder/#KKXw2l2QiJbwysho.99

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I personally think Zack on Justice League is a great choice.

As for a Wonder Woman movie, I think we'll get one after the Justice League movie. Since Gal Gadot is signed on for the three movies (BvS, and Justice League) and the third film could possibly be a WW solo.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ArchiZoom

@jphu8414:

"And while there are no plans yet for a “Justice League” spinoff featuring Ms. Gadot’s “Wonder Woman,” Warner executives said they are warm to the idea.

“That is our hope,” said Sue Kroll, president of worldwide marketing. “With the right script, that could be viable. The world is ready for her.”

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Jphu8414

@archizoom: So they confirmed that there isn't one in the works yet? Darn.

But hey you heard of from them, they are open to a Wonder Woman movie and they probably want to make it happen as much as we do, so I'll just do my best to be patient. I'm almost positive we'll see one someday

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking toward a vicious Aquaman film(obviously lol). To bring that world to the big screen will be difficult.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphu8414 said:

I personally think Zack on Justice League is a great choice.

agreed. and like always fans are raging all over facebook.

personally if i was doing the movie id have what we already know for the heroes wich is superman batman ww and cyborg

instead of using darkseid or braniac early id bring in amanda waller where she has mmh captive in a cadmus facility. i would make her the puppet master who hires lobo to kill superman wich would then have ww and batman team up with superman . regarding cyborg.... just show a little cameo of him and introduce him later in a much more bigger role

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphu8414: Not with Gal Gadot in the leading role at least which is good news kind of. Judging from the words they've chosen, WB doe seem as though they want or will do a WW film anytime soon, probably for the best.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Wasn't there also news about a Captain Marvel and Metal Men movie in the works.

I am looking forward to Justice League. I hope they use Martian Manhunter as a founding member though I wouldn't be surprised at all if Cyborg was announced for the film. Still I am looking forward to this. Hopefully this will lead to a Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Nightwing, Martian Manhunter, and better Green Lantern movie. Seeing a Justice League of America/Justice League United (I know United will be amazing!) would also be cool.

Dro77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think Cristopher Nolan would have been a better choice

man of steel was good but not as Nolan's batman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.