Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

UPDATE: Jim Lee Redesigns Every Major DC Character in Mass Reboot

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#851  Edited By Samimista

When I heard this during the last night of May I was in a mourning fuming process I'm still unsure about this but I just hope DC knows what they're doing with this decision.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#852  Edited By Mercy_
    @DEGRAAF: He looks beast. I love it. 
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#853  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @The Dark Huntress
    i think he looks to cartoon like but we'll see. Also the face looks like Deathstorm
    Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#854  Edited By Legacy_

In Gail Simone I trust

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#855  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @The Dark Huntress
    sorry i had to delete it Bleeding cool was asked to take theirs down and i didnt want to get flagged or kicked off here
    GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#856  Edited By GREGalicious

This just seems like yet another DESPERATE attempt by DC to beat out MARVEL, and by the looks of this stuff, Marvel still doesnt have anything to worry about. 
    DC needs to stop trying to make its characters look cooler, and make some interesting stories. 
    Aside from BATMAN & SUPERGIRL, and a few others, lately it seems like most of DC's cast have the lamest stories going on. 
    They shouldve just tried to keep JUSTICE LEAGUE (UNLIMITED) on tv.

Darksied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#857  Edited By Darksied

The designs look like DCUO
    SuperXAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#858  Edited By SuperXAsh

Ya know what probably drove new readers away DC?!? Big-ass events every three months. Just saying...

Nightwing23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#859  Edited By Nightwing23

Ok, Love Jim Lee's work but I really like Dick as Batman... 

And if you look close enough, you'll see that Cyborg kinda looks like Battalion from StormWatch  

and his Batman looks like Jean Paul Valley's when the kid gloves were off?  

Bye bye Batman INC.!!!
    kal-el09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#860  Edited By kal-el09

i don't really care about wonder woman...flash, hal jordan, and aquaman look the same pretty much, superman new "s" and a collar? idk about that, cyborg actually looks way cooler than he ever has,batman i hope that's dick and not bruce because i love his new suit....all im worried about is them changing "too" much as long as batman inc. and dick, tim, damian are where they're at then im cool

kal-el09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#861  Edited By kal-el09

i don't really care about wonder woman...flash, hal jordan, and aquaman look the same pretty much, superman new "s" and a collar? idk about that, cyborg actually looks way cooler than he ever has,batman i hope that's dick and not bruce because i love his new suit....all im worried about is them changing "too" much as long as batman inc. and dick, tim, damian are where they're at then im cool....i also just realized this could be there chance to finally give joker a true origin :D

Nightwing23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#862  Edited By Nightwing23
    @Nightwing23
    You call that change??? His designs still look so Wildcats or Wildstormish???
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#863  Edited By fodigg
    @The Mighty Monarch said:
    http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/06/02/the-new-justice/
    Oh man. I'm so happy they're doing a new JLI like they planned, and including the Great Ten characters is brilliant. I'm a little worried that I don't see any Blue Beetle. I'm kind of hoping we'll get a Jaimie Reyes as BB, but coached by a still-very-much-alive Ted Kord. The fact that I don't see him on there worries. me. Also, I wonder if that's Bruce as Batman. I wouldn't mind Dick being a second Batman (one man 'Batman Inc') right from the start, with Tim as Nightwing and Damien as Robin. 

On Booster Gold, I'm worried, because 1) I really liked his current costume and I'm not keen on this updated one, and 2) I'm hoping they don't throw away his new "secret master of time" status quo.
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#864  Edited By shawn87

I like the way all the characters look except for Cyborg. He still looks kind of stupid to me. But I hope they dont split up Superman and Lois. Have Wonder Woman with someone like Batman or Aquaman

kevin88wk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#865  Edited By kevin88wk

maybe if they didn't make a huge event every 5 seconds it would give new readers time to get into the stories and get everything strait up, but starting everything from the b egining is WTF !!! they can change the costumes thats not a probleme but start the stories from the begining???!!!!! 
    anyways thats just my opinion 

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#866  Edited By Rudyftw

Batman looks like the All-Star Batman.....  
     Aqua Man looks the same to me.
    Superman and Wonder Women look like they're 15...  
    Cyborg..... uhhhhh still Cyborg haha 
    Green Lantern at least doesn't have that cheesy suit from the movie. 
    And Flash was the only descent one to me.

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#867  Edited By DMC

you know the more I look at Wonder Woman's new costume the more I like it.....should've just let it gone over it and let it sink in over time instead of acting on my initial reaction.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#868  Edited By The Mast

I dont know if it's been said, but this can simply be summed up easily.

If this turns out good, who will have made it work? Us. Not the theoretical swathes of fans D.C. think they'll get, but we all know they won't. When will they start making new fans put effort in to get into comics, instead of spoon feeding fans that don't even exist?

It's all good having a jump-on point, but if people have been to lazy to get into comics before, why would a jump-on point help? Jumping on at issue #1 is one thing, but staying on is another. If they're too lazy to get into existing comics, why would they put effort into this?

They should've just created an Ultimates line. Not everything needs a reboot. Frank Miller didn't reboot Daredevil, he simply wrote the shit out of that character and reDEFINED it in a way that lasted until Shadowland.

twisted17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#869  Edited By twisted17

The renumbering is the only thing I'm not being able to get. Wonder Woman was renumbered to 600 recently, showcasing the total number of WW comics over the years. Batman, Superman, Action & Detective Comics have been running in their near 900s and even Adventure Comics is renumbered to 500 etc. Wouldn't it have made a lot more sense to renumber all the other titles according to continuity like GL or Flash. These titles have over 400 issues in their belt. JLA should have that amount too. 

Is it just me or does anyone else feel the same?

TonyIngram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#870  Edited By TonyIngram

They've ditched the Justice Society of America. No more JSA, no more Power Girl, and Hawkman and Mr Terrific no longer seem to have any association with the Golden Age. That's it for me. No more DC.

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#871  Edited By mrtrickster

Jim Lee makes all the new costumes wayyy to shiny with too many metallic pieces. he's trying way too hard to make them look "cool"
     some of the costumes look really bad like robin and superboy

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#872  Edited By OutlawRenegade

Clear!

Revive!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.