They're getting WHO to Write Superman?

#1 Posted by zeejaybay (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Please feel free to let me know if this is a repost, I looked but might have missed it. This is from another board:

"The good news is, DC are premiering a new, all-ages, out-of-continuity Adventures Of Superman series in April.

The bad news is, they've hired notorious homophobic bigot and hate-group board member Orson Scott Card to write the first two issues.

There's an online petition protesting this, if anybody wishes to sign it. I did. The Superman I've been a fan of for the last forty years isn't an intolerant bigot, and I can't understand why DC are getting one to write his stories."

To which I sound the resounding horn of "Not Muh Superman!!" and can completely agree.

#2 Posted by SmashBrawler (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

The hell? Seriously, what the hell?

The rest of the line-up sounds pretty awesome, though. Joshua Hale Fialkov writing Superman? Count me in.

#3 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

Signed. Doesn't sound like a nice guy.

#4 Posted by JakeN7 (12379 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Orson Scott Card the writer. I hate Orson Scott Card the person. Ender's Game is my favorite book of all time, and I've learned to ignore the man behind the stories and just enjoy them for what they are. His religion (Mormonism) leaves zero room for flexibility when it comes to how they view homosexuality. Therefore, while I'm absolutely appalled and disgusted by his view points on same-sex couples, I am able to practice tolerance and acceptance for his right to feel the way he does (which is ironic because tolerance and acceptance is something Orson Scott Card is sorely lacking.)

#5 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know. He might no necessarily enforce his views on the comic series.

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if the guy is a major doucher in real life, I hate to admit that the guy does know his sci-fi...

#7 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally don't care about that and I just want to see how he ends up writing superman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.