Ain't that a tongue twister.
Short (fingers crossed) blog.
I acutally am not sure whether that's possible, I'll try though, so you people don't die of boredom.
I'm going to talk about the DCnU 52, because I'm stupid and have nothing better to do with my life. :P
- Suprises - To my suprise there were a couple of series which just really caught me by Suprise like Men Of War, Animal Man (partly because of Aztek) and Batman, the latter of which I thought I wouldn't enjoy with Bruce Wayne as a titular character. The end result was me enjoying a series that has exactly what I don't like in terms of non-superhero stories, Men of War, a story which is very much... different to what I'm accustomed to and was extremely fun in small dosages, and the last of which was Batman, which I enjoyed because of the interaction that were seen between the members of the Bat-Family.
- Met Expectations - A lot of book have met some expectations, which I have had admittedly set quite high, the most prominent being Deathstroke, Batgirl, Stormwatch, Teen Titans and most notably Nightwing. The latter of which, while not the best book this month, was an extremely fun read despite my... ridiculously high expectations. Teen Titans and Stormwatch didn't fill me in as much as I'd like, with only some people getting enough Face Time, but they are heading in the right direction. Lastly, Deathstroke and Batgirl left at sweet after taste, even though Batgirl was brighter and Deathstroke was darker than I expected.
- Sexism - Whether existant or non-existant, a couple of books provoked a few interesting discussion here on CV, which I think were interesting, but some took it too seriously while others didn't take it seriously enough. Catwoman, the first of the contreversial duo, used a gratitious amount of nudity, or well... Fan Service which were completely unecessary. The other one was Red Hood, which while it wasn't as bad, it just went against the nature of a character and I don't feel like it was done in the right way, and though there are many counter arguments, I don't feel like listing them here.
- Disapointments - OMAC. Seriously WTF. H&D, WTF WTF. Something else I'm forgetting.
- On the Horizon - Wanna see what happends to by boy Jordan, see how many hoops he shoots, and how he gets back to the top, despite being an old dog.
Oh, the Basketball puns!