The Revamped ReVamp DC Revamp Blog - Reflection

Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Ain't that a tongue twister.

Short (fingers crossed) blog.

I acutally am not sure whether that's possible, I'll try though, so you people don't die of boredom.

I'm going to talk about the DCnU 52, because I'm stupid and have nothing better to do with my life. :P

• Suprises - To my suprise there were a couple of series which just really caught me by Suprise like Men Of War, Animal Man (partly because of Aztek) and Batman, the latter of which I thought I wouldn't enjoy with Bruce Wayne as a titular character. The end result was me enjoying a series that has exactly what I don't like in terms of non-superhero stories, Men of War, a story which is very much... different to what I'm accustomed to and was extremely fun in small dosages, and the last of which was Batman, which I enjoyed because of the interaction that were seen between the members of the Bat-Family.
  • Met Expectations - A lot of book have met some expectations, which I have had admittedly set quite high, the most prominent being Deathstroke, Batgirl, Stormwatch, Teen Titans and most notably Nightwing. The latter of which, while not the best book this month, was an extremely fun read despite my... ridiculously high expectations. Teen Titans and Stormwatch didn't fill me in as much as I'd like, with only some people getting enough Face Time, but they are heading in the right direction. Lastly, Deathstroke and Batgirl left at sweet after taste, even though Batgirl was brighter and Deathstroke was darker than I expected.
  • Sexism - Whether existant or non-existant, a couple of books provoked a few interesting discussion here on CV, which I think were interesting, but some took it too seriously while others didn't take it seriously enough. Catwoman, the first of the contreversial duo, used a gratitious amount of nudity, or well... Fan Service which were completely unecessary. The other one was Red Hood, which while it wasn't as bad, it just went against the nature of a character and I don't feel like it was done in the right way, and though there are many counter arguments, I don't feel like listing them here.
  • Disapointments - OMAC. Seriously WTF. H&D, WTF WTF. Something else I'm forgetting.
  • On the Horizon - Wanna see what happends to by boy Jordan, see how many hoops he shoots, and how he gets back to the top, despite being an old dog.
    Oh, the Basketball puns!
#1 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal Man was easily the most impressive, and the only New 52 I'll be picking up regularly.

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7773 posts) - - Show Bio

I like a majority of the 52 titles.

I wasn't expecting to like them, but Voodoo and Grifter were surprisingly great reads!

#3 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Animal Man was easily the most impressive, and the only New 52 I'll be picking up regularly.

Yeah, it was definitely good.

@The_Tree said:

I like a majority of the 52 titles.

I wasn't expecting to like them, but Voodoo and Grifter were surprisingly great reads!

Haven,'t read Voodoo. I'm late on my reads for the fourth week... :(

#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite was Batman #1 out of all the New 52.

#5 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

t'was pretty good. :P

#6 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

I have nothing agianst that comic...just staying away from it because of changes...

It actully was pretty good (I read it in the store), but I have decided I'd go with superman rather than a mutated Riddler...just my personal bias

#7 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

I have nothing agianst that comic...just staying away from it because of changes...

It actully was pretty good (I read it in the store), but I have decided I'd go with superman rather than a mutated Riddler...just my personal bias

Yeah... Didn't like the changes to Riddler, but then again I don't care much for the character... :( But I feel you. I don't care much for Superman either :(

#8 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta give props to Blue Beetle #1....book looks promising

#9 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superguy0009e said:

Gotta give props to Blue Beetle #1....book looks promising

Forgot about that one. Definitely looks: Promising. Potential is in that book.

*Adds a pic of Yoda*

#10 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal Man 1 is definitely the biggest suprise of the new 52. I didnt get Blue Beetle. I dont know if its worth getting it. Nightwing has one of the best opening sequences in the new 52. Watching Dick does what he does best convinces me that Dick was born to be Nightwing and to think I almost didn't get the 1st issue of Nightwing

#11 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@soccersss said:

Animal Man 1 is definitely the biggest suprise of the new 52. I didnt get Blue Beetle. I dont know if its worth getting it. Nightwing has one of the best opening sequences in the new 52. Watching Dick does what he does best convinces me that Dick was born to be Nightwing and to think I almost didn't get the 1st issue of Nightwing

Batman, Blue Beetle, Stormwatch and Men of War are all up there too.

#12 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@soccersss said:

Idk why people are surprised about Batman. I expected Batman to be great. Bruce Wayne+ Scott Synder= WIN
#13 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@soccersss said:

@ReVamp said:

@soccersss said:

Idk why people are surprised about Batman. I expected Batman to be great. Bruce Wayne+ Scott Synder= WIN

Because I = Nightwing Fanboy, and thus, Batman without Nightwing didn't seem like a good idea. :P

#14 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@soccersss said:

@ReVamp said:

@soccersss said:

Because I = Nightwing Fanboy, and thus, Batman without Nightwing didn't seem like a good idea. :P

:O  That changes everything
#15 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@soccersss: =P

#16 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@soccersss: if u never read a blue beetle comic before, it is perfect, brings u up to speed on almost everything, and gives you a good ending to hang off from, i say get it digitally, and have a great comic to have on the go

Don't Tell Me You Don't Want To See This Battle
#17 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superguy0009e said:

@soccersss: if u never read a blue beetle comic before, it is perfect, brings u up to speed on almost everything, and gives you a good ending to hang off from, i say get it digitally, and have a great comic to have on the go

Im not picking up Blue Beetle because I already have a pull list of tons of comics and another one would be too expensive. Its not as if I dont want one
#18 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@soccersss said:

@Superguy0009e said:

Im not picking up Blue Beetle because I already have a pull list of tons of comics and another one would be too expensive. Its not as if I dont want one

Understandable. Its a pretty good comic, but that's understandable :D

#19 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: I've been thinking about picking that up. You would definitely recommend it?

#20 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@InnerVenom123: I've been thinking about picking that up. You would definitely recommend it?

If you like the Batman family as a whole, then its definitely worth the pick up. Like... Really. I enjoyed it so much more than I thought I would

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.