Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

The Flash Season 1 & Arrow Season 3 Blu-ray/DVD Release Date Announced

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Flash had a spectacular first season debut. Arrow really heated things up in its third season as well taking Ollie to different places. If you missed any of the episodes or are looking forward to watching them again along with the extras, the release date for both has been announced. Both will be available on September 22.

No Caption Provided

The Flash: The Complete First Season on Blu-rayTM and DVD on September 22, 2015. The Flash delivered the most-watched series premiere in The CW's history, and original episodes averaged 6 million viewers weekly throughout the season. Fans that purchase the set will be able to watch all 23 electrifying episodes, plus three hours of extra content, including episode commentaries, featurettes, deleted scenes and a gag reel. The Flash: The Complete First Season is priced to own at $59.98 SRP for the DVD and $60.10 SRP for the Blu-ray.

Central City forensic investigator Barry Allen is, always charming and – as a result of a scientific experiment gone awry – now the fastest man alive! He’s The Flash, zigzagging through the action-packed new series from the creative team behind Arrow and based on the supersonic DC Comics character. With his life shadowed by his mother’s murder and his father wrongly convicted of the crime, Barry finds that his newfound power of super speed grants him the ability to move through Central City like an unseen guardian angel. Barry quickly discovers he’s not the only “metahuman” created by the explosive disaster – and not everyone is using their new powers for good. Now, to protect the innocent, Barry and his close friends who know his secret, race to combat evildoers in one astonishing adventure after another.

With Blu-ray’s unsurpassed picture and sound, The Flash: The Complete First Season Blu-ray release will include 1080p Full HD Video with DTS-HD Master Audio for English 5.1. The 4-disc Blu-ray will feature a high-definition Blu-ray and a Digital HD copy of all 23 episodes from season one.

The Flash stars Grant Gustin (Arrow, Glee), Candice Patton (The Game), Rick Cosnett (The Vampire Diaries), Danielle Panabaker (Justified, Necessary Roughness),Carlos Valdes (Arrow), with Tom Cavanagh (Ed, The Following), and Jesse L. Martin (Law & Order). Based on the characters from DC Comics, The Flash is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow, Brothers & Sisters, Everwood, The Mysteries of Laura), Andrew Kreisberg(Arrow, Fringe)Game of Thrones, TheX-Files Sarah Schechter (Arrow, The Mysteries of Laura, Pan) and David Nutter (Game of Thrones, The X-Files).

BLU-RAY & DVD FEATURES

The Fastest Man Alive!

Creating the Blur

The Chemistry of Emily and Grant Screen Test

Behind the Story: The Trickster Returns!

DC Comics Night at Comic-Con 2014 Presenting Gotham, The Flash, Constantine and Arrow

Audio Commentary

Deleted Scenes

Gag Reel

23 ONE-HOUR EPISODES

No Caption Provided

Just in time for Arrow’s fourth season on The CW, viewers can catch up with the action-packed series as Warner Bros. Home Entertainment and DC Entertainment release Arrow: The Complete Third Season on Blu-rayTM and DVD on September 22, 2015. Averaging 4.2 million viewers weekly for each original episode, Arrow is The CW’s #2 show among Total Viewers, behind only The Flash! The releasecontains all 23 thrilling episodes from the third season that will have you on the edge of your seat, plus almost three hours of extra content, including episode commentaries, featurettes, deleted scenes, and a gag reel. Arrow: The Complete Third Season is priced to own at $59.98 SRP for the DVD and $60.10 SRP for the Blu-ray.

Oliver Queen’s Arrow has become a hero to the citizens of Starling City – but he will quickly discover that doesn’t mean he can lead a normal life in the spectacular third season of the hit series based on the DC Comics character. A new wave of diabolical masterminds – including the insidious and pervasive havoc wrought by the lethal and secretive League of Assassins – threatens all he holds dear. Team Arrow has grown into a powerful force, but the dangers and secrets that bind them together often put them at odds with each other, as the shadows cast by Malcolm Merlyn and the omnipotent Ra’s al Ghul trigger shifts in loyalties and alliances that test them to their core. For matchless heroism under fire, this action-packed 5-disc, 23-episode Season Three can’t be beaten!

With Blu-ray’s unsurpassed picture and sound, Arrow: The Complete Third Season Blu-ray release will include 1080p Full HD Video with DTS-HD Master Audio for English 5.1. The 4-disc Blu-ray will feature a high-definition Blu-ray and a Digital HD copy of all 23 episodes from Season Three.

Arrow stars Stephen Amell (Private Practice), Katie Cassidy (Gossip Girl, Melrose Place), David Ramsey (Blue Bloods, Dexter), Willa Holland (The O.C.), Emily Bett Rickards (Flicka: Country Pride), Colton Haynes (Teen Wolf, The Gates), with John Barrowman (Desperate Housewives, Doctor Who), and Paul Blackthorne (The River). Based on the characters from DC Comics, Arrow is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (The Flash, Everwood, Brothers & Sisters), Marc Guggenheim(Eli Stone), Andrew Kreisberg(The Flash) and Sarah Schechter (The Flash).

SPECIAL FEATURES

Second Skins: Creating The Uniforms of Arrow

Nanda Parbat: Constructing The Villain’s Lair

Two Arrow Audio Commentaries

Arrow at Comic-Con 2014

The Man Beneath the Suit – Atom’s First Flight

Gag Reel

Deleted Scenes

23 ONE-HOUR EPISODES

mcbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can not wait. The flash was my favorite tv show this year.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

Can't wait to buy em!

gator4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Definitely buying The Flash season one. Really like that cover too.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
    CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing choice of cover for The Flash! Will be buying

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

THE FLASH!!!

~MiB

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

Can't wait, great cover. I wish they put the crossover episode (The Brave and the Bold) on the Flash dvd set though. Now have to decide if I will get arrow season three as well..

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

What I want to know it when Season One of the Flash is going to hit Netflix.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And as usual, Christmas comes early.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I trailed off on FLASH about mid season. Not because I wasn't enjoying it though. I got busy with other things and fell behind and HULU's stupid episode count meant I couldn't get caught up.

So I'm very eager for these Blu-Ray collections. Well, the FLASH one anyway.

Kervan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll get THE FLASH on blu-ray, but not ARROW. This last season was a massive disappointment. I might get AGENTS OF SHIELD season 2 DVD as well.

jstndmnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

@mcbig said:

Can not wait. The flash was my favorite tv show this year.

THIS!

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting Flash!

KASPERCOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, Arrow is slowly getting worse and The Flash is getting better and better. I bought Arrow Season 1 because I thought it was unlike any super hero show that came before it. Three quarters through the second season was where Arrow was at its pinnacle. I bought the blu ray of Season 2 because it had the introduction of the Flash character. At this point, I'm definitely buying The Flash Season 1. I will only buy Arrow Season 3 for its Flash crossovers. It's too bad they can't have the intro and these crossovers (on the Arrow side) all in the season 1 blu ray of The Flash as special features. Oh well.

Avatar image for thekidfliessolo
    thekidfliessolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will probably pick up both. Main question though is when these shows hit Netflix?

sbyrstall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are going to hinted to my g/f as Christmas gifts since she says I'm hard to buy for.

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll start to tuck some money away for them both.

Flash was an amazing series debut and while Arrow season 3 had its problems (extremely underwhelming villains and dragging storylines in the 1st half), it did present an awesome new status quo for characters like Diggle, Laurel, and Thea, which I LOVED! Those three character journeys made the 3rd season for me.

Coolman13355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang it, I was hoping for a combined pack with both in their proper episode order, even if it cost more than buying both separately. My Blu-ray player's tray will get a workout with all the disc switching. It's annoying on SG1 SGA rewatches and will be worse on Flash & Arrow since it doesn't go always Flash, Arrow, Flash, Arrow, etc... (yes I realize there are like 3 exceptions for stargate but it was far more uniform)

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By THORSON

sucks by the time i get to watch season 3 season 4 will start.

I hate watching tv

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.