Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

The Flash casting

sungod1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why are people so but hurt about Ezra Miller being cast as the Flash. The kid can act and has like 2 years to put on a good amount of size. Everyone keeps saying it should be Grant Gustin and the TV and Movies should be crossed...like are they high or something? I don't understand all the hate when he hasn't even read a single line.

ndixit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well my problem is that he's a kid. In a movie universe where Superman is already in his mid 30's and Batman is already in his mid 40's, and, based on casting, Aquaman will also likely be in his mid 30's, I'd prefer a more grown up Barry Allen. If they wanted a younger Flash, they could have had Wally West because that would have made more sense in terms of age difference.

sungod1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sungod1988

I'm fine with the age as long as he gains weight and looks older (they have the ages all over the place.) He can act his ass off and if he gains some bulk I think he will do fine.

ndixit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Ezra Miller has played anything remotely resembling Barry so I don't really have that certainty that he can act his ass off in this role. He's been good in two films I've seen. One in which he was a sociopathic killer, and another where he was a teenager struggling with his sexual identity. Neither film gives me the confidence that he has the skills to play Barry Allen. The casting of the DC universe has been so inconsistent and all over the place that I really can't be sure if he's right or not. I also think whether he bulks up or not, he's still going to look very young. There is no way he is going to look like a peer to guys like Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Jason Momoa etc...

WhatNowRan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He doesn't seem too bad

Darktimecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ndixit: I like the idea of Barry being a bit younger than everyone else. It makes sense for the Flash.

ndixit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ndixit

@darktimecop: I don't really see how it makes sense though. Other than the current tv series, I don't think I've seen any other version of Barry Allen as the Flash where he's a basically a kid compared to the others. That sounds more like Wally West. If this was Wally West as the Flash, then the age difference would have made sense to me. Flash is basically a superhero family. Having Barry as a kid makes it less likely that we will see Wally as the Flash, and even less likely that we will ever see Bart. Plus, we lose out on some of the great character dynamics in the comics. Hal and Barry have a great relationship as friends and peers in the comics. To keep that dynamic as buddies, they would have to make Hal a kid as well which wouldn't make much sense given that he's supposed to be a test pilot. Honestly, this is the problem I have with the way the DC universe is being set up. The things I love most about the comics are individual character dynamics. With Bruce being 10 years older than Clark, we are unlikely to get that best friends dynamic between those two. I believe it was already mentioned that Bruce will be kind of a mentor to Clark given Batman is an experienced superhero in this universe. Given the age difference between Bruce and Barry, we are unlikely to get the great dynamic ever between Dick and Wally, given they show up the movies. If Dick is in the movies, he may actually be as old or even older than Barry. So these are things that bug me. But I am willing to be surprised if it all works out well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.