Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

The Flash and Green Lantern casting

Avatar image for thepowerofshazam
    ThepowerofShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You would be crazy if you didnt think Chris Pine and Nathan Fillion should be casted as Barry Allen and Hal Jordan

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Yeah, and Idris Elba as GL if they go with John Stewart

Avatar image for thepowerofshazam
    ThepowerofShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They dont need to go with john stewart we need hal jordan

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

To old.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphu8414 said:

Yeah, and Idris Elba as GL if they go with John Stewart

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

A yes, another stereotypical fancast.

If people are going to do these things, at least try to be original with your choices (and do it for something than just looks)

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You would be crazy if you didnt think Chris Pine and Nathan Fillion should be casted as Barry Allen and Hal Jordan

I must be crazy, because I don't think it.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Bezza

Gotta be Idris Elba, man is just made to play John Stewart..

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt Damon as Hal jordon

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think DC may want to axe flash and green lantern from the first justice league and wait for JL2 to bring them in, unfortunately.

as far as Flash casting Zac Efron would be great. Chris Pine would work better for Hal Jordan i think.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cuddlebear: A Justice League without a Flash or Green Lantern is no Justice League at all

You know, if they connect the Arrow tv-verse with the cinematic-verse then I'd totally be fine with Grant Gustin being the Flash in the movie as well. Would make things less confusing as well with a single Flash instead of one on TV and one in the movies.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want Hal Jordan. I really wanted to see John Stewart, but sadly, I doubt we'll get him since DC decided to cast lame-a$$ Cyborg. And, sorry, but i'm not optimistic enough to think we'll get two black justice leaguers in the movie.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CuddleBear

@jphu8414 said:

@cuddlebear: A Justice League without a Flash or Green Lantern is no Justice League at all

You know, if they connect the Arrow tv-verse with the cinematic-verse then I'd totally be fine with Grant Gustin being the Flash in the movie as well. Would make things less confusing as well with a single Flash instead of one on TV and one in the movies.

I agree with it not being a justice league without them, but them going with new 52 justice league singals that this might not go the way everyone thinks. But connecting the Arrow-verse is insanity, its a CW show with CW quality actors. I have grown to kinda enjoy it lately, people gushing over it, as well as smallville, is just like the whole world is taking crazy pills to me, but still it will never connect to the movies and thats a good thing. Trying to fit DC into a marvel shaped whole is the wrong approach (i.e. Agents of Sheild connects to Marvel so why not Arrow connect to DC.) The sad truth is that Disney needs Marvel but Warner Bros. doesn't need DC. so i also highly doubt that "DC is going to make 9 movies news we got today" again trying to put DC into a Marvel shaped whole.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

@jphu8414 said:

The president of DC entertainment stated that: "Warner producers to develop diverse & even contradictory takes” on characters for different media forms." So for example The LEGO movie Batman is completely different is from animated Batman and Nolan Batman. So clearly they are going to use a different person as The Flash and if Green Arrow showed up, he's going to be completely different from Arrow.

JROCK72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

I'd pick Mark Valley for Barry Allen. I know his near his fifties, but they leaves plenty of room for Wally West, plus he's a pretty good actor so he could change his age if he tried. I'd (*gasp*) keep Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern, but send Reynold's to the comic books to really understand how much better he could be as Hal. If we were to see John Stewart as the Green Lantern, I'd cast Roger Cross, who also appeared in Arrow.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TazzMission

@bezza said:

Gotta be Idris Elba, man is just made to play John Stewart..

michael b jordan would be my pick for js. hes young in case they want multiple pictures

No Caption Provided

as for hal. eeeer. i kinda picture him older really

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau from game of thrones as hal jordan

No Caption Provided

wallywestings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually really agree with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Hal Jordan, but what about Aaron Tveit as Barry? Especially considering that they've aged the characters down in the New 52.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

Ken Watanabe as Sinestro

No Caption Provided

Tiny Lister as Arkillo

No Caption Provided

Joaquin Phoenix as Hank Henshaw/Cyborg Superman

No Caption Provided

Jason Statham as Gorilla Grodd

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: casting choices are good, although it would have been nice if you'd made your own thread or found one a bit more relevant to your choices.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TazzMission

I actually really agree with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Hal Jordan, but what about Aaron Tveit as Barry? Especially considering that they've aged the characters down in the New 52.

ben browder for barry allan. i loved him as john chriton in farscape

No Caption Provided

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Aaron Paul as Barry Allen just so he call Batman a bitch!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.