Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Teen Titans #19

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sinisteri

So,

Is this the retelling of the Terror of Trigon sans the carefully layered characters and sophisticated depiction?

What the Hell is Raven wearing!?

The beauty of how Raven's subtly changed face and a group of friends trying to save her is a sad or useless reminisce on my part, I am sure some may think.

But I have to ask, why must the creative geniuses of the new 52 even attempt to re-establish pieces and chunks of a continuity which strangled and stifled their ability to tell new & original stories?

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By colonyofcells

Nothing wrong with telling new Trigon stories.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Nothing wrong with telling new Trigon stories.

true, but this could had been done much better

I didnt dislike it, but it just not done well

for example Trigon appears in the middle of NY to do... something, and then Wondergirl uses her wondersense to detect him and all the Titans fight him and then raven appears to collect BB who survived that whole debacle of Ravagers 12 which is not even out yet, and then they both side with trigon but then they save the titans at the end and Psimon is in the middle of all this for some reason.

I really like the ideas here and i want to like this story, but the execution just doesnt work

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it a new story?

My main question is why must the writers retell stories which pale in comparison to the originals. If the past and its continuity was such a problem, then why would they rehash it?

Just noting the irony of trashing and asking to disregard a past only to repeat it, repackage it and call it "new" when honestly, it is not. And sadly, it is not told as well on so many levels.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just pretend the old trigon stories still happened and that these New 52 trigon stories are just new stories.

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, no answer offered as to why the old convoluted and stifling stories have to be retold.

Asking for the "new" stories to be accepted does not answer the question.

If the characters and stories were new...since they are not, they are open to comparison to the originals.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it a new story?

My main question is why must the writers retell stories which pale in comparison to the originals. If the past and its continuity was such a problem, then why would they rehash it?

Just noting the irony of trashing and asking to disregard a past only to repeat it, repackage it and call it "new" when honestly, it is not. And sadly, it is not told as well on so many levels.

Congratulations you just discover what the new 52 is really about.

being fair the story is not just a rehash of the old trigon story yet

Just pretend the old trigon stories still happened and that these New 52 trigon stories are just new stories.

How would that help anything at all?

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By colonyofcells

Nothing wrong with comparing the new trigon stories and the old trigon stories. New trigon got a new horse. Nothing wrong with getting a horse.

4_color_image

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By 4_color_image

Did anyone catch who Cassie's father is?

So it appears Wonder Woman's family just got a little bigger. In issue #19, page 9, Trigon taunts Cassie & says, "Imagine how much more powerful you would be if your father had raised you." In that panel we see Wonder Woman's half brother, Lennox, walking out of an apartment & behind him is a woman (Helena Sandsmark?), who is dressed a lot like a pre-52 Amazon, holding a small blond girl. So it would appear Cassie is now Diana's niece, Zeus' grand-daughter & possibly a mix of Amazon, god & human.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did anyone catch who Cassie's father is?

So it appears Wonder Woman's family just got a little bigger. In issue #19, page 9, Trigon taunts Cassie & says, "Imagine how much more powerful you would be if your father had raised you." In that panel we see Wonder Woman's half brother, Lennox, walking out of an apartment & behind him is a woman (Helena Sandsmark?), who is dressed a lot like a pre-52 Amazon, holding a small blond girl. So it would appear Cassie is now Diana's niece, Zeus' grand-daughter & possibly am mix of Amazon, god & human.

I bet you whatever you want that Azzarello had no idea of this development

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.