Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Ted Kord Debuts in The New 52 Post Forever Evil

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kidchipotle

Newsarama broke the news today after an interesting interview with Geoff Johns.

Here's a quote from the interview:

Nrama: OK, then final question. I know you like to do those "teaser images" at the end of issues — hints about what's coming up in your books. Can you give me one sentence like that now? A peek into something we'll see after Forever Evil in Justice League?

Johns: Ted Kord returns to the DCU in Forever Evil #7, and plays a role in Justice League post-Forever Evil.

I suggest reading the entire article as it gives interesting tidbits about the future of the DCnU post-Forever Evil. Info such as:

Nrama: …How does the team's ties to A.R.G.U.S. change now?

Johns: Well, they've had a tie to A.R.G.U.S. through Steve Trevor, and then ultimately, Amanda Waller. But post-Forever Evil, someone comes in and is like, OK, you're not in charge of this anymore. I'm in charge of this. You're still the liaison to the Justice League. So you know, I mean, if we don't need a liaison, maybe we won't need to deal with you.

It causes a lot of friction with the new head of A.R.G.U.S. — and his field agents… who are some superheroes who you'll be very familiar with.

And

Nrama: …but I want to return to something you said earlier, about how Lex Luthor will come up against a villain or threat that is personal to him. Is that the first threat the Justice League faces?

Johns: The first threat they face in the Justice League is really going to grow out ofForever Evil, but it's going to be — through the first arc, we're going to see a new team of would-be heroes become the League's enemies in the first arc. So we'll see some new adversaries for the Justice League and for Lex Luthor in that.

I don't think I've ever been more excited for a month to come in my life, DC definitely has my interest. We see the return of Ted Kord, Captain Cold and Shazam in the JL along with Luthor (although CV broke that news already), No more Superman, Flash or GL, we see "familiar heroes" debut in the New 52 as an ARGUS sanctioned team as well as "would be heroes" rising up to take on the JL -- because Evil is Relative.

Who do you think these ARGUS agents are? Who do you think these would be Heroes are? And most importantly…thoughts on the return of Ted Kord?

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

meh...

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Post? But it says #7.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for sharing.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kidchipotle

@lifeofvibe said:

meh...

What is meh to you? :\

Post? But it says #7.

Let's not get technical here! :P

@experio said:

Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome!

Loving the re-introductions.

Same here. Very big positive for Forever Evil in my opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Wally, Stephanie, and Ted are confirmed now.

Can Cass and Connor be that far off?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kidchipotle

@xwraith said:

Connor Kent?

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping for Garth, Donna, and Jackson

Jackson might be changed and adapted to fit his loved counterpart

Donna might be most likely announced soon.

Garth has been mentioned a few times throughout Aquaman but never shown. I'm anxious for his arrival. Same for Donna, I hope we don't have to wait much longer for her return. I was never to high on Jackson but I also wouldn't mind seeing him return - he could be a great addition to a new Teen Titans/Young Justice book.

@arturocalakayvee: dont care in the slightest

Ah okay, we'll thanks for commenting anyway. Opinions are always welcomed of any kind!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@xwraith said:

Connor Kent?

No, Connor Hawke.

But his origin story would have to be radically changed considering Oliver Queen is the same age he was now.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@xwraith said:

Connor Kent?

No, Connor Hawke.

But his origin story would have to be radically changed considering Oliver Queen is the same age he was now.

Ah okay, I should have known you meant him, he's an awesome character. There's gotta be some way Connor can be reintroduced....

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@justthatkid said:

Garth has been mentioned a few times throughout Aquaman but never shown. I'm anxious for his arrival. Same for Donna, I hope we don't have to wait much longer for her return. I was never to high on Jackson but I also wouldn't mind seeing him return - he could be a great addition to a new Teen Titans/Young Justice book.

Well if the All Access episode is true ( and seeing how Steph & Wally are back i guess it is ) Donna should be returning in Sups WW, and as for other teens, they said that all of the main character from the cartoon Young Justice should pop up soon, which means Miss Martian, Aqualad & Artemis are 100% along with probably 1 or more character(s).

@xwraith said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@xwraith said:

Connor Kent?

No, Connor Hawke.

They could always introduce him as Green Arrows brother or cousin. But do we really need a 3rd archer? Or 4th if Artemis show's up as an archer.

P.S. Who is Jackson?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@2cool4fun:

Jackson is name that land adoptive parents gave to Kalduram before he knew what he really was (a.k.a Black Aqualad).

1- Connor Hawke is better fighter and before new 52 later forgets his archery but he learns again, and he was better Green Arrow dealing with strong fighters and had friendship with Kyle Rayner and others heroes.

2- Artemis show up on New 52 on several comics like Teen Titans and Batman and Robin, she was archer but she was killed on Teen Titans anual number1.

3- Roy Harper can use any weapon and use any object as weapon, that why he is Arsenal.

4- All DC Archers have other skills that they are strong than the others like for exemple the Batfamily.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@justthatkid said:

Well if the All Access episode is true ( and seeing how Steph & Wally are back i guess it is ) Donna should be returning in Sups WW, and as for other teens, they said that all of the main character from the cartoon Young Justice should pop up soon, which means Miss Martian, Aqualad & Artemis are 100% along with probably 1 or more character(s).

Artemis has -somewhat- already showed up in Teen Titans months ago and died, unfortunately.

@xwraith said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@xwraith said:

Connor Kent?

No, Connor Hawke.

They could always introduce him as Green Arrows brother or cousin. But do we really need a 3rd archer? Or 4th if Artemis show's up as an archer.

P.S. Who is Jackson?

It wouldn't be the same if it was his brother or cousin. And yes we need a 3rd - Connor, a 4th - Speedy, and a 5th - Artemis.

Jackson is the comic version of Aqualad from Young Justice.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now here's the difference. Characters like Wally West, Donna Troy, Connor Hawke, Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown, etc were just in limbo since the beginning of the New 52. However, characters like Ted Kord, Tempest (Garth), and Ralph and Sue Dibny were actually dead prior to the New 52. And I'm predicting that because of the reboot, if and when these deceased characters get reintroduced, their previous stories will not be respected, at all. What I mean is that they won't explain how Ted returned to life or acknowledge that he was dead. It will be them introducing a new Ted Kord, who may be similar to the original, yet not him. Going about it this way is just blasphemy like much of what the New 52 is. I've noticed the reference to Garth in Aquaman. It implies that what I'm saying is the case, at least in his case. And then there's the origin of Plastic Man in the most recent issue of Forever Evil, completely throwing out all of his prior experience. i hate to see what they're gonna do to Wally and the others. I generally don't like anything to happen in my comics to remind me that the New 52 reboot happened. And if they bring back deceased pre-Flashpoint characters as new characters, it really bugs me. This whole post has been an unorganized incoherent mess, hasn't it? Sorry about that.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By cameron83

Newsarama broke the news today after an interesting interview with Geoff Johns.

Here's a quote from the interview:

Nrama: OK, then final question. I know you like to do those "teaser images" at the end of issues — hints about what's coming up in your books. Can you give me one sentence like that now? A peek into something we'll see after Forever Evil in Justice League?

Johns: Ted Kord returns to the DCU in Forever Evil #7, and plays a role in Justice League post-Forever Evil.

I suggest reading the entire article as it gives interesting tidbits about the future of the DCnU post-Forever Evil. Info such as:

Nrama: …How does the team's ties to A.R.G.U.S. change now?

Johns: Well, they've had a tie to A.R.G.U.S. through Steve Trevor, and then ultimately, Amanda Waller. But post-Forever Evil, someone comes in and is like, OK, you're not in charge of this anymore. I'm in charge of this. You're still the liaison to the Justice League. So you know, I mean, if we don't need a liaison, maybe we won't need to deal with you.

It causes a lot of friction with the new head of A.R.G.U.S. — and his field agents… who are some superheroes who you'll be very familiar with.

And

Nrama: …but I want to return to something you said earlier, about how Lex Luthor will come up against a villain or threat that is personal to him. Is that the first threat the Justice League faces?

Johns: The first threat they face in the Justice League is really going to grow out ofForever Evil, but it's going to be — through the first arc, we're going to see a new team of would-be heroes become the League's enemies in the first arc. So we'll see some new adversaries for the Justice League and for Lex Luthor in that.

I don't think I've ever been more excited for a month to come in my life, DC definitely has my interest. We see the return of Ted Kord, Captain Cold and Shazam in the JL along with Luthor (although CV broke that news already), No more Superman, Flash or GL, we see "familiar heroes" debut in the New 52 as an ARGUS sanctioned team as well as "would be heroes" rising up to take on the JL -- because Evil is Relative.

Who do you think these ARGUS agents are? Who do you think these would be Heroes are? And most importantly…thoughts on the return of Ted Kord?

Wow. This news has me excited. I mean,we see a new landscape for the DCu,teams will be changed up (eg,Justice League,Teen Titans),the debut of MANY familiar faces from the old DCu and Wildstorm/Vertigo universe,and the general landscape of the new 52 will be changed and altered.

They'll fight new teams (one of would-be superheroes,whatever that means??) and roles and,as said,everything will change.

Personally,I'm a bit stoked and can't wait for the solicitations.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OH,and did I forget to mention that TONS of familiar (and popular) and new faces will emerge along with new teams/team formations.

Oh,and Ted Kord will be emerging? What next? He teams up with Blue Beetle? yes.

So it must turn out that the 4chan rumors that I saw were true.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Honestly I kinda want more brand new characters then a bunch of old teen titans/people from young justice.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#23  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@2cool4fun: Artemis was killed off in Teen Titans.

Anyway, I'm so many comebacks of heroes I loved. Peter Parker, Nightcrawler, ted kord, Wally west speciffically. I was avoiding Justice League but I might start picking it up when Hal comes back to the League this year. Wonder how he gonna react to Lex and Cap Cold being there.

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
    MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes Yes Yes! Finally i hope Blue and Gold return this year

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: I know but they said the remaining of the main characters from YG, and besides they can always do some thing like "she survived" or just make a new Artemis and pretend the first one never happened.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@2cool4fun:

1. They never explicitly stated that they would be bringing all three of them in. Only two of them have been confirmed. People have made this mistake before.

2.Theyll probably just bring Mia Dearden or Cissie King Jones back . I don't think anyone would actually by the "she survived" thing at this point

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

When's Maxima?

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By comedy_brosUSA

Ted's the closest character that's actually been dead for a while. to see him back in the new 52 will be somewhat disappointing because his whole background could be different .

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: That kind of sucks :/ I really like Artemis...damn you Lobdel!

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: you arent alone. More than a few people were ticked when she was killed off.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@xwraith said:

Connor Kent?

No, Connor Hawke.

Ah okay, I should have known you meant him, he's an awesome character. There's gotta be some way Connor can be reintroduced....

Well never known brother isn't to far of never known son.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@xwraith said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@xwraith said:

Connor Kent?

No, Connor Hawke.

Oliver already has a never known (half) sister.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Not crazy about him being college age but we shall see.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tupiaz

@xwraith said:

@tupiaz said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@xwraith said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@xwraith said:

Connor Kent?

No, Connor Hawke.

Sometime I'm wondering if I'm reading superheroes or watching Days of our Lives.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kidchipotle

@tupiaz said:

@xwraith said:

@tupiaz said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@xwraith said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@xwraith said:

Connor Kent?

No, Connor Hawke.

Sometime I'm wondering if I'm reading superheroes or watching Days of our Lives.

Hahahahahaha…it definitely seems like it's one big soap opera lately doesnt it

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

It would be pretty awesome if there's a big final battle at the end of Forever Evil and we see Ted riding in on The Bug.

Please just don't give him a dumb costume change, DC.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kidchipotle

Thank god, seriously I hate Jaime Reyes, even Dan is far better (and far underrated tought). Ted Kord was needing a return (he should't even have died).

I wonder if he'll just be a corporate character or if he'll take on a new name since we already have Jaime as Blue Beetle.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@conradoaccorsi said:

Thank god, seriously I hate Jaime Reyes, even Dan is far better (and far underrated tought). Ted Kord was needing a return (he should't even have died).

I wonder if he'll just be a corporate character or if he'll take on a new name since we already have Jaime as Blue Beetle.

Yeah, i'm kinda worried, if his not getting the identity of Blue Beetle make him a corporate character. No Bright Beetle, Silver Scarab OR even worse, THE DISCO BUG.

I'm conflicted. I'd rather him be corporate since he can't use the beetle name but I want him to be a cape because he was one of my favorites AND I want to relive Blue and Gold.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kidchipotle

@arturocalakayvee said:

@conradoaccorsi said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@conradoaccorsi said:

Yeah, i'm kinda worried, if his not getting the identity of Blue Beetle make him a corporate character. No Bright Beetle, Silver Scarab OR even worse, THE DISCO BUG.

I'm conflicted. I'd rather him be corporate since he can't use the beetle name but I want him to be a cape because he was one of my favorites AND I want to relive Blue and Gold.

High Five, Blue and Gold was awesome (that could be even the name of a New 52 title with them). We are having the same problem, we both want him in the costume but only if he is the Blue Beetle, if not Ted Kord, the business bro.

No Caption Provided

Also, what if his name was…BOOSTER BLUE >.<

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Awesome.

Now give me Ralph and Sue Dibny.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I actually cried tears of joy. I cannot contain my utter elation. It's been nearly-nine long years. Thank the comic gods, for they have shined down upon us in a glorious spectacle as the proverbial phoenix rises from the ashes. Look at me, I'm stammering on like an idiot in text.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: Agreed. Hopefully the new Flash writer will bring back Elongated Man and Sue sometime down the road. Maybe they could reintroduce the Dibny couple as a backup feature in Detective Comics.

I want them to bring Tempest back real bad. I remember them referencing him during Throne of Atlantis.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really looking forward to seeing Ted Kord back in action, it's been a while

...but meanwhile Jaime Reyes floats around in forgotten comic book limbo

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.