Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Superman/Batman: A kryptonite Doomsday!? (Spoiler Alert!!!)

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Well, for those that have been keeping up with the storyline in Superman/Batman, you should know that Supes and Bats are scouring the planet, tracking down every last piece of kryptonite to make the world safe for Supes to live in. But, in issue #47, they stumble across a government-owned underground facility with kryptonite weapons stockpiled in it. Not only that that, the get ambushed by an elite group of soldiers powered by kryptonite called the Last Line.

And, it just so happens that Amanda Waller is in charge... It's no surprise, really. But after Superman manages to defeat the Last Line.....

He stumbles upon this...

I thought the original Doomsday was enough, but this sh!t right here!?!? I didn't think the U.S. Government feared (or maybe even hated) Superman that much... LOL. Any thoughts?
    Post Edited:2008-05-02 03:39:32

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Methos

holy crap...

M

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Same thing I said...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Static Shock  Online

When was that?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Methos

reminds me of the storyline they had before with the 'enhanced soldiers' that were slowly dying because of their powers

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

That is THE SH!T!!!

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Methos

i don't think he would...

this is going to be a team thing, or actually a use for the new Supergirl lol

M

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Static Shock  Online

LOL. I can't even picture how Superman would get past that thing...

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By Hadrelius

Over-kill if you ask me. But its Superman and Batman, they will find a way to beat it.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Well, I don't know. Batman is held captive by Amanda, while they both watch Superman take that thing on. I don't know how that is gonna work.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12  Edited By lordraiden

Methos says:

"i don't think he would... this is going to be a team thing, or actually a use for the new Supergirl lol M"

New Supergirl? do we have another one? and wouldn't she be just as vulnerable with the kryptonite, unless she isn't kryptnian?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Methos

lordraiden says:

"New Supergirl? do we have another one? and wouldn't she be just as vulnerable with the kryptonite, unless she isn't kryptnian?"

no, annoyingly the current Supergirl (i'll always call her new) isn't vulnerable to Green Kryptonite for some reason...

Black affects her but i don't know about the rest

M

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Methos says:

"no, annoyingly the current Supergirl (i'll always call her new) isn't vulnerable to Green Kryptonite for some reason..."

There's always something terribly weird about Kara. First, the crystal spikes thing, and now, the invulnerability to green kryptonite... Wouldn't surprise me if they gave the rainbow power that Superman once had during the Golden Age. Have they even explained the reason behind the oddities of Kara yet?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Methos

nope...

they keep playing with her and never giving any explanation... one more reason why i've fallen out with this incarnation of Supergirl

M

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Only DC comics....

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#17  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

So many better places for this. The Superman/Batman team forum, the Superman/Batman series forum, the Last Line forum, the All-American Boy forum (I personally woulda gone for that one), even the thread about this made a week ago in the Superman forum.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Buckshot says:

"So many better places for this. The Superman/Batman team forum, the Superman/Batman series forum, the Last Line forum, the All-American Boy forum (I personally woulda gone for that one), even the thread about this made a week ago in the Superman forum. "

What's wrong with it being here? Everyone seems to be fine with it. And, I didn't know there was a thread made for this already, unless it's about the Kryptonite Doomsday (which is basically what this thread is about).... In any case, I didn't bother to look because I assumed it there wasn't a thread for it already.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#19  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Nothing wrong with it being here (I didn't lock it did I?) just that there are better places. Generally when things are about a specific character, they go on the character's page. As for your assumption, it was incorrect and it wouldn't fly in the battle forum so why here?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Static Shock  Online

I know you didn't lock it. And, even if there are better places, what's the title of this forum? DC Universe, correct? So, it shouldn't really matter. And, even if my assumption is incorrect, I could care less. Nobody (besides you) seemed to care (or even know) that a thread on this has already been made.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Darkchild

Static Shock says:

"#Spoiler Alert!!!! Spoiler Alert!!!! Spoiler Alert!!!! Spoiler Alert!!!!#Well, for those that have been keeping up with the storyline in Superman/Batman, you should know that Supes and Bats are scouring the planet, tracking down every last piece of kryptonite to make the world safe for Supes to live in. But, in issue #47, they stumble across a government-owned underground facility with kryptonite weapons stockpiled in it. Not only that that, the get ambushed by an elite group of soldiers powered by kryptonite called the Last Line.And, it just so happens that Amanda Waller is in charge... It's no surprise, really. But after Superman manages to defeat the Last Line.....He stumbles upon this...I thought the original Doomsday was enough, but this sh!t right here!?!? I didn't think the U.S. Government feared (or maybe even hated) Superman that much... LOL. Any thoughts?
    Post Edited:2008-05-02 03:39:32"

holp...crap

I hope Supes is right with god because he is sooooo screwed

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.