Supergirl and Powergirl

#1 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone tell me if one is more powerful or are they at the same level?

#2 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

It could be done either way I guess.

IMO I would say that Power Girl is more exsperiacned, and therefore maybe the better fighter.

#3 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"It could be done either way I guess. IMO I would say that Power Girl is more exsperiacned, and therefore maybe the better fighter."

In most of the books I have with them both, it seems SG is stronger and faster than PG. If they are the same person from different universes, why isn't PG stronger and faster because she's older?

#4 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Well age doesntly really mean much when it comes to fighting. It can if the age differance is sever but when were are talking less than a 10 year gap its moot.

PS; I'm generalizing(sp?) I know there are exceptions.

Here is what I think. The current supergirl still hasn't learned to control or tone down her powers like Superman and Power Girl have, so that is the reason she apears to be the stronger. (I believe it was Methos who used this as the reasoning why Supergirl was able to outfly Superman)

Not sure if that helped any.

#5 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Well age doesntly really mean much when it comes to fighting. It can if the age differance is sever but when were are talking less than a 10 year gap its moot. PS; I'm generalizing(sp?) I know there are exceptions. Here is what I think. The current supergirl still hasn't learned to control or tone down her powers like Superman and Power Girl have, so that is the reason she apears to be the stronger. (I believe it was Methos who used this as the reasoning why Supergirl was able to outfly Superman) Not sure if that helped any."

It did.

Thank you!

#6 Posted by lordraiden (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Posted by lordraiden (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

cause of poor writing and people like skinny little girls!

#8 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this current Kara Zor-El is slightly stronger then Power Girl for the reason that she was put in suspended animation on her way to Earth, and was absorbing yellow sun for like 20-30 years before she got to Earth.

#9 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"I think this current Kara Zor-El is slightly stronger then Power Girl for the reason that she was put in suspended animation on her way to Earth, and was absorbing yellow sun for like 20-30 years before she got to Earth."

actually it was explained that because of that she doesn't have total control over her powers

#10 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"I know but that was when they were comparing her to Superman's powers."

that's true

#11 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I know but that was when they were comparing her to Superman's powers.

#12 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

Two of my favorites right here

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.