Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Spotlight On: Montegrappa DC Heroes & Villains Pens

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

When was the last time you actually wrote something down? Most people are used to typing everything out. For those that take pride in their penmanship, there are some high quality pens out there. We mentioned the DC Heroes and Villains pens from Montegrappa. We mentioned the new line of pens along with the contest their running where they'll give away some HERE.

Montegrappa is an Italian pen and watch company located in Bassano del Grappa. The company was founded in 1912 so they've been making high end product for over one hundred years. They first teamed with DC with a super-limited Batman set that sold for nearly $6000. We featured that HERE. This new line won't set you back that much. They are still pricey but, again, these aren't just normal pens. These are high-end pens for serious collectors. They even come in fancy hard collector boxes.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Now for the holidays, Montegrappa has launched an all-new DC Heroes & Villains line, a pen series that features some of the DC parthenon's great heroes alongside the Batman rogues. The set of 8 features Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Penguin, Joker, and Riddler.

Price range is $395.00 for ballpoint; $435.00 for rollerball, and fountain pens are $475.00 each.

Again, these pens aren't cheap.

If you watched the video at the top, you've seen we got our hands on three of the pens, in each of the styles. Here's some close up shots of the pens.

Wonder Woman

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Joker

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Batman

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

These pens feel incredible. I know it might be hard to understand because we're just talking about a writing utensil. These aren't for everyone. For those that have the money and are interested in high-end pens, these are impressive.

In the box, you also get a booklet about the characters and the history of the company.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Be sure to visit Montegrappa's website to check out the other character pens in the line. And don't forget to check out their contest to see how you could win some of these.

No Caption Provided

Even if you never thought you'd be impressed by a pen, you will be if you ever get your hands on one of these. Montegrappa doesn't mess around. I don't know a whole lot about fancy pens but I can easily tell the difference in the quality here.

DarkKnightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Beautiful and practical. A rare combination.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

the joker pen is to die for! I also love the penguin pen. Hopefully one day I can get my hands on one of these.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Christmas is right around the corner and I sure do like these. Just sayin :D

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

These are amazing but gahhd! So expensive, I hope it's available in Canada.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

A years worth of comics or a pen, hmmmm.

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beautiful, makes me hard and turns me on

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
    FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By FuzzyLittleRodent

Beautiful, makes me hard and turns me on

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My precioussssss.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Damn! I need the Joker pen! Wonder Woman's looks nice as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.