Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Something that doesn't work(Convergence Spoilers ahead)

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

I just realized something... They put Spectre on Prime Earth..... But he's absent on Earth 2. Last I checked Spectre was originally an Earth 2 character so... Yeah.

Of course that just makes Prime Earth even MORE messed up than before since with the New Multiverse and Crisis on Infinite Earths having never happened now....Then doesn't that KINDA mean no characters that were not originally part of the Silver Age Earth 1 AKA what everything that survived the first Crisis was thrown onto SHOULDN'T be there? Like no Shazam, no Spectre, JUST the Justice League, Teen Titans, Doom Patrol, and so on?

Especially since the Captain Marvel mythos, as well as the Spectre who was a JSA member, did NOT crossover into the mainstream universe until AFTER COIE. So.... Am I the only that admits this is even MORE confusing than before since I thought the purpose of this entire thing was to iron out continuity, which is something that SHOULD have happened right at the start of the New 52.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

go read Multiversity

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just realized something... They put Spectre on Prime Earth..... But he's absent on Earth 2. Last I checked Spectre was originally an Earth 2 character so... Yeah.

Of course that just makes Prime Earth even MORE messed up than before since with the New Multiverse and Crisis on Infinite Earths having never happened now....Then doesn't that KINDA mean no characters that were not originally part of the Silver Age Earth 1 AKA what everything that survived the first Crisis was thrown onto SHOULDN'T be there? Like no Shazam, no Spectre, JUST the Justice League, Teen Titans, Doom Patrol, and so on?

Especially since the Captain Marvel mythos, as well as the Spectre who was a JSA member, did NOT crossover into the mainstream universe until AFTER COIE. So.... Am I the only that admits this is even MORE confusing than before since I thought the purpose of this entire thing was to iron out continuity, which is something that SHOULD have happened right at the start of the New 52.

I always figured Specter was a multiversal being. There's only 1 in the Multiverse and he goes where he's needed/where he wants. Therefore choosing not to go to Earth-2 since it's pretty much destined to fall and he can't do anything about it.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Several characters that appeared in the scenes in Convergence taking place in the mainstream New 52 Earth-0 had actually already been deceased. Jediah Caul. Skallox. Zilius Zox. Maybe a few others.

bobthened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude: that is not how it works.

Convergence was essentially part of a time loop COIE did still happen, but the only reason anyone survived it is brainiac sending heroes back to help.

Convergence essentially changed nothing, all it did was explain why Flashpoint, which was a universal event, somehow seemed to have rebooted the entire multiverse. Every universe was different in new 52 because of what happened at the end of convergence.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.