Something that bothers me

#1 Posted by Catsnlynne (981 posts) - - Show Bio

Does this ever happen to anyone? You're reading one of your favorite comic books and you find you don't know what's going on or you wish things were explained. For example in The Flash #11 Heat Wave is mad at Captain Cold but he doesn't say why. Even Captain Cold didn't know why he was mad. In Earth 2 #4 How does Captain Al Pratt grow so big he turns into The Atom? And why didn't Alan Scott's Green Lantern ring work when he was fighting Solomn Grundy?

#2 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan scotts ring doesn't work against wood or wood elements which is what grundy is partially made from,don't know

the rest.

#3 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes patience is rewarded with answers.

#4 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

I find things like this is good for the story if it is explained later. If a story gets you asking why then you become more involved.

#5 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Catsnlynne said:

In Earth 2 #4 How does Captain Al Pratt grow so big he turns into The Atom?

*PAUSE* You're upset that Al Pratt...in a comic book...changes size? Or because you didn't get an explanaition in his first appearence, which lasted...all of of four panels?

#6 Posted by Catsnlynne (981 posts) - - Show Bio
@KnightRise said:

@Catsnlynne said:

In Earth 2 #4 How does Captain Al Pratt grow so big he turns into The Atom?

*PAUSE* You're upset that Al Pratt...in a comic book...changes size? Or because you didn't get an explanaition in his first appearence, which lasted...all of of four panels?

I wasn't upset. I was just trying to make a point that sometimes things happen in comic books and I wish I knew why right away instead of having to wait for the next issue to come out. I was just using Al Pratt changing into The Atom as an example.
#7 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@Catsnlynne: if they show everything early on no one would be interested in finding out more.

#8 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Catsnlynne:

All monthlies are like that. Try Trade Paperbacks instead.

#9 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

When you follow issue by issue, that is going to happen a lot, but it can be frustrating. Just cuz no one has mentioned it, the Heat Wave/Captain Cold thing was addressed in the Flash Annual, I believe.

I know the feeling, though. I read 80 issues of Nightwing to find out what happened between him and Oracle, and it was revealed in one of the annuals I didn't have.

#10 Posted by Catsnlynne (981 posts) - - Show Bio
@serpent222 said:

When you follow issue by issue, that is going to happen a lot, but it can be frustrating. Just cuz no one has mentioned it, the Heat Wave/Captain Cold thing was addressed in the Flash Annual, I believe.

I know the feeling, though. I read 80 issues of Nightwing to find out what happened between him and Oracle, and it was revealed in one of the annuals I didn't have.

I do buy my comic books every month so yes eventually all questions will be answered.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.