Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Some Plot Points For BATMAN v SUPERMAN!?!?

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MuyJingo

Taken from BADASS DIGEST:

Batman v Superman opens with Batman's origin and fast forwards to Bruce Wayne coming to Metropolis during the Superman/Zod fight, but that's just setting the stage for that character. From there the script turns its attention to Superman heavily, and it examines the implications of Superman in the real world. The main action takes place a couple of years after the end of Man of Steel, and Superman has been busy in the meantime, becoming the hero we know and love. Clark Kent and Lois Lane have moved their relationship forward to the point where they live together. Clark is still working at the Daily Planet, although it's unclear if he's loving his assignments - he's tasked with covering a Metropolis/Gotham football game when he would rather be writing about Batman.

Very early in the film Lois is in the Middle East following a story when Superman shows up to help her out. This becomes something of an international incident as other nations view Superman as a tool of the United States. China, for instance, doesn't want him in their air space. It's an interesting look at how a being like Superman would be viewed on a global scale.

What are the lessons that Superman learned from Man of Steel? Some slight spoilers follow.

When Superman confronts a big bad guy and unravels his plot, he tells the villain, "I won't snap your neck, I'm going to take you to prison," an on-the-nose response to criticisms of the first movie. Of course Superman later loses his cool and threatens to break the bad guy's back, so he hasn't quite internalized everything yet.

As for being a protector of the people - when the Doomsday fight starts General Swanwick tells the military that Superman will move the battle away from populated areas because he's a hero, and that's what heroes do. Again, this is a direct response to complaints about the first film. It's also interesting to see that Swanwick, who was tracking Superman with drones at the end of Man of Steel, is such a supporter in this film. It seems that most people - except Lex Luthor and a cautious Batman, who is prepping anti-Superman weapons - believe Superman is a hero.

A caveat on this, and my previous Batman reporting - this information comes from a script that was handed in a month before principal photography began. While the broad strokes surely will make it into the film, small details like dialogue and character moments could be cut from the script or in the editing room before the movie reaches theaters.

All I can say is, if this is accurate, I don't understand how an Oscar winning writer penned or OKed the line: "I won't snap your neck, I'm going to take you to prison".

I mean, really?

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Pizzaman

Some weird lines in there.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Most of this seems legit

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Sounds good though I honestly can't believe that line is in there. It's funny though!

Avatar image for theamazingbatman760
    TheAmazingBatman760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's badass digest so I don't believe it.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AbdullahZubair

Worst plot ever!!! What is the point of having Batman in the title if he won'tdo anything. Where are Wonder Woman and AQuaman??

Lex Luthor?

I loved the first movie, but this is shit!!!

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

"I won't snap your neck, I'm going to take you to prison". Looks like someone forgot to revise a line that Goyer wrote.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

and all Batman is doing in this movie is...getting out of a plane?

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God, that’s beyond pathetic. I liked MOS a lot, but if I’ll see and/or hear anyting of this in the movie

When Superman confronts a big bad guy and unravels his plot, he tells the villain, "I won't snap your neck, I'm going to take you to prison," an on-the-nose response to criticisms of the first movie. Of course Superman later loses his cool and threatens to break the bad guy's back, so he hasn't quite internalized everything yet.

I’ll walk out right away.

Hopefully, all of this is just a hoax.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

"I won't snap your neck, I'm going to take you to prison,"

lol

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

While the broad strokes surely will make it into the film, small details like dialogue and character moments could be cut from the script or in the editing room before the movie reaches theaters.

It's safe to assume that line of dialogue will not reach the masses.

Synack1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Doomsday is it? I hadn't heard about that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.