Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Should Jason Todd join the Suicide Squad?

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Moul

I think would be interesting a story where Jason does a team up with some villains like Bane. Deadshot, the Riddler and Harley Quinn.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*vomits*

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By youknowwhattodo

You're not the first person to ask this.

For the question itself, it could work if Jason Todd was a villain or an anti-villain, but that's not what Jason Todd is in the new 52. Jason Todd in the new 52 is a an anti-hero that frequently crosses over into the hero archetype, teaming up with the Batfamily on numerous occasions (even when he has no real reason to do so). He doesn't strike me as the type of character that would fit into the Suicide Squad anymore. Jason would fit more better with a team like the Outsiders, which is in the new 52.

bifronz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bifronz

Personally I like the concept. I know red hood has tried to work toward more of a hero role, but if they called him on the occasional call would be pretty cool.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aahz

Putting him on a team with the guys he wants to kill ... I don't think that is a good idea.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: That's the idea, during the missions they could tell him stories about Batman and their relationship with the dark knight.

Bjm316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Joker killed Jason Todd. And I THINk joker is in suicide squad?

SCOLTON97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're not the first person to ask this.

For the question itself, it could work if Jason Todd was a villain or an anti-villain, but that's not what Jason Todd is in the new 52. Jason Todd in the new 52 is a an anti-hero that frequently crosses over into the hero archetype, teaming up with the Batfamily on numerous occasions (even when he has no real reason to do so). He doesn't strike me as the type of character that would fit into the Suicide Squad anymore. Jason would fit more better with a team like the Outsiders, which is in the new 52.

Agreed. If he was like his Pre-New 52 counterpart, he'd be such a great addition to the Squad. But not anymore.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

If he still was that nut job from before Flashpoint, then he'd probably make a great secret member of the Squad.

Waller ofc would know who he was, but lets him keep it from the others, perhaps as a means to control him. In the meantime he get to be deadly and wear that silly dome on his head. And just maybe he happens to be reporting on the Squad to Batman, maybe deliberately misleading him, maybe Waller too. This one:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@moul: He is probably a hero, so DC wont put him so soon on SS. But i also dont want SS being made of Batcharacthers.

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Jason's too good to be in the Suicide Squad. I don't think he would get caught by the government. But I can imagine the government getting some leverage on him to my disappointment. Also, I feel like a part of New 52 Jason's character is becoming more of a hero instead of the bad guy he was after he was revived.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@pr_1030: If Suicide Squad is going to have that new rooster, the govement can have Jason Todd. But since he is now a "hero", he probably wont be SS so soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.