Should I get The Flash?

#1 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6333 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm new to comics and trying to choose what to get, mostly of the new 52. I made a different thread asking what other titles I should get besides what I'm already picking up, and I was suggested The Flash. I looked into it and found several mixed reviews, so what do you think of the book? Is it worth the money? I'm also trying to limit the number of books I get as much as possible so I can catch up to the current point. Thanks to anyone that posts here.

#2 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

its okay

#3 Edited by Farkam (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

The art is great at least.

#4 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Dc prefers to print lots of batman titles so maybe just buy more batman titles and go with the bat flow.

#5 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6333 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells: 3 of the 5 comics I'm getting are Bat-titles. I currently get:

Batman, Nightwing, Batman and Robin, Justice League, and Aquaman.

#6 Edited by JulieDC (954 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash was the first character I got into when i started comics a few months ago. I enjoy pre new 52 flash and new 52. The only way to know if it is good is to give it a try. Everyone has different tastes and reasons for liking or disliking something.

#7 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

For Flash, maybe wait for the reverse flash story to finish or maybe wait for a new creative team to take over. The rebooted Speed Force don't seem better than the old Mark Waid original Speed Force.

#8 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6333 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the help, I'll try it out and see what I think.

#9 Edited by RustyRoy (12715 posts) - - Show Bio

Its great in my opinion, the art is great and the story is good, If you're a Flash fan then you should definitely get this, if you're not then alteast give it a try, you might like it.

#10 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6333 posts) - - Show Bio

I just bought and read issue 1 on Comixology. It was great. It had the best art of the New 52 and the writing was very good, although what the heck happened on the last page? Most books have interesting plot points at the end, but this one just seemed really random. Despite that one problem, I'm definitely getting issue 2.

#11 Posted by trebean (653 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty good, just buy the trades if you're in a hurry to catch up on the main story.

#12 Edited by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by Dabee (2391 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally think it's amazing... I highly recommend it!

#14 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6333 posts) - - Show Bio

Does the plot get more interesting as it advances?

#15 Posted by EnigmaLantern (763 posts) - - Show Bio

I was pretty much wondering the same thing, I've heard many mixed reviews of The Flash but was always scared to invest my money into giving the series a try, I'm still unsure. If it helps, I like reading titles such as Superman, Batman, Green Lantern/Corps/New Guardians, Red Lanterns, Superboy, Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor.

#16 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6333 posts) - - Show Bio

@enigmalantern: I only bought the first issue, so I'm no expert, but I really liked it. It has a much more lighthearted tone than anything I'm reading right now, a tone that matches the art perfectly. Speaking of the art, its awesome and I think it might be one of my favorite styles ever.

#17 Edited by RedLantern23 (884 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm curious about Flash as well, but I'm kinda scared to properties I'm unfamiliar with

#18 Posted by Catsnlynne (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#19 Edited by EnigmaLantern (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

@enigmalantern: I only bought the first issue, so I'm no expert, but I really liked it. It has a much more lighthearted tone than anything I'm reading right now, a tone that matches the art perfectly. Speaking of the art, its awesome and I think it might be one of my favorite styles ever.

Well, I might give it a go then, thanks for the comment

#20 Posted by sinestro_GL (3152 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: Out of all the books, The Flash has BY FAR AND LARGE, the most beautiful artwork from DC.

I've used several images as my desktop wallpaper at various times.

#21 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33380 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea it's a pretty good book, I'm excited for the Reverse Flash arc

#22 Posted by riggityrow (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel as though I never hear about the Flash in the New 52. I guess it's just because they haven't really tried to try him into any of the other books except of course Justice League. Although I don't ever really recall seeing articles related the the Flash on ComicVine either. Hmmm... maybe I should just check this out myself.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.