Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Should Hawkman feature more?

Brcomicbookguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Brcomicbookguy

I'm not talking his own animated movie or putting him in the justice movie ahead of the big 5. But he has such a cool look and is such a badass it would be good to have him feature in dc movies more.

Movie wise I know his origin is a bit of a cluster**** but if their gonna change wonder womans origin they could easily add hawkman as an ally.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@brcomicbookguy: Before they get Hawkman, they need to get their bigger guns in the movies. That means Wonder Woman, Flash. Aquaman, Martian Manhunter and a better Green Lantern. Characters like Green Arrow, Atom and Hawkman should all come after.

And Wonder Woman has for the most part had a streamlined origin (even if some parts of her continuity are messed up), but Hawkman's is severely fucked up. They didn't do anything to fix it in the New 52 either. If Hawkman ever shows up on the big screen, they need to present him in a simple manner.

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By scouts1998

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: That was just plain stupid. Also the same reason why they aren't doing a live-action batman film. They want him in movies, not TV, and in arrow he should be a TV character, not a movie one.

But with hawkman he should first appear in Justice League and then a solo film

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@scouts1998: We going to get Flash serie character and Flash movie character as two actors. Why Green Arrow anyway, we have ahead Zatanna, Black Canary, Hawkman, Atom and Firestorm.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Hawkman has never particularly interested me, so I'm inclined to say no. I think Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman is far more deserving of exposure (granted, that is mainly due to her portrayal in JL:TAS and JLU). They may be taking steps towards that, considering her recent appearance as a playable character in Injustice.

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: They shouldn't do a Green Arrow film. Not until about 10+ years after the show finishes

To be fair, Arrow really doesn't have that many viewers compared to other TV series so I don't think that we need worry about mainstream audiences being confused if that is your concern. So long as the two interpretations of Queen are distinct from one another and don't just attempt to emulate one another, I'd have no problem with a film Green Arrow existing at the same time as a TV show Green Arrow.

Brcomicbookguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the replys guys. I agree he shouldn't get his own movie before the main justice leaguers. But I think he'd be cool cameo. Dont even mention his back story.

Also I forgot to mention animation wise. I would have been good to see him in flash point or a speaking role in young justice. Hes had as much screentime as the T-rex in the batcave.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By slade_wilson

Hawkman is THE man. I have been baffled for years as to why he always seems to get the short end of the stick. I mean that one JLU episode was pure gold. And Ed Whatshisface's lame excuse for not including him in Injustice? Pure nonsense. In every facet of DC Entertainment ol' Mace-Face should become a much bigger player. He's been a member of the JLA AND the JSA fer cripes sake! I would love to see him as a member in the upcoming flick. Would I care if he's an alien; Krytonian, Thanagarian or other wise? Nope. But the Egyptian deal does make for a helluva story (see my earlier comment on the JLU episode).

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't mind seeing Hawkman in a movie, but if they will, I would like to see Hawkgirl in it as well. Ha

Alertcircuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Hawkman movie would be interesting, although I really doubt that he would be able to hold the sales for one. An animated Hawkman movie on the other hand, would be a very interesting watch.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawk girl...

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By LyraFay

I do like Hawkman's origin of being linked to Egypt, however at the same time, he's one of the DC characters that doesn't need to be there or doesn't serve a bigger purpose in the world, hell even Aquaman has got more purpose. Yes, I would like to see him as a cameo or Easter egg in a DC film but not solely his own film.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.