Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Should CW introduce Batman in Arrow/Flash TV series?

Avatar image for he_who_must_not_be_named
    he_who_must_not_be_named

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Should CW introduce Batman in Arrow/Flash TV series? (42 votes)

Yes 48%
    No 52%

Batman is the most popular comic book character but I think he still deserves more exposure, not just for him, but for other comic-book based superheroes' sake as well. I think the ratings would increase dramatically if we have Batman as a supporting character, perhaps as a foil to Arrow/Flash's crime-fighting styles in their own TV series.

We could also have an introductory bad-ass grand fight between Batman, Arrow and Flash to hype it up. Maybe Batman have some gadgets to disable Flash a la Tower of Babel, requiring Arrow to intervene and after some misunderstanding, realized the real source of trouble and team up to take down the villain of the day (Maybe Ra's Al Ghul).

What do you think about this idea?

• 
    Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Not a battle and you can't take a dump without seeing Batman these days so no.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. If they do and fans don't like it, which is very likely considering how high the expectations can be, it'll affect the show negatively.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
    deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for he_who_must_not_be_named
    he_who_must_not_be_named

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: Probably due to legal/copyright issues kind of

However, WHAT IF, there's no legal problem.

That's the question.

KingTPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrong forum and they can't do it anyways

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver already

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER FOR 3x22

Killed Ra's in a 1v1 sword fight

So it's not like they can take a shit on the show any more than that.

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be down for Batman showing up, as long as they used him sparingly. Maybe just have him show up for a two-part episode or something.

Also, if they connect Titans and Supergirl to Flash/Arrow then both Batman and Superman would technically exist. If Green Lantern comes to the universe (since his tease in the Flash) then they almost have a Justice League. Geoff Johns characters seem to be favoured for the Flash, so Cyborg (who might be in Legends of Tomorrow) and Aquaman might appear. Just add Wonder Woman and we're all set.

(I know this is all speculation and very unlikely, but a man can dream)!

Lauro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arrow can kill batmon every day. it's not fair

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Kidd

Nah, don't want to see a CW Batman.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Just moving this over to the DC forum

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if they show Batman as being superior to Arrow in every way and Bats as Ra's' first choice making Ollie the rebound girlfriend.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

No. They arent needed.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Do I want him to show up? It depends on how they would portray him and how often that would use him.

Do I want confirmation on whether or not he exists in the world they are creating? Defiantly.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say no, Batman is beyond overused and after the whole Arrow vs. Flash eps that bridge is crossed. If Batman did come in and try and fight them both he would come across as a jackass putting them down to make himself look cool, which he really does not need as he has like 5 books doing that for him.

CW verse is focusing on less explored characters while using a few big names and I really like that. Batman has Gotham (If you hate it I am sorry) He is already on TV let the CW do as they've been doing.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I see why not. Arrow is pretty much facing Batman's villains anyways.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Penguin-Dust

No, Arrow has become a Batman substitute on TV anyway. Rich kid suffers trauma, loses parent(s), becomes a masked crime fighter, protects "his" city, surrounds himself with an Arrow-family, etc...

I believe originally, the creators wanted to do a Batman series, but the broadcast and film rights were all held by other parties.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penguindust: Season 4, he will do the unthinkable, Oliver Queen will become The Green Arrow. I amn´t kidding, Stephen Amell confirmed this on aninterview.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah.

No point to it.

Plenty of other characters they can use. I'm still waiting for The Question and the rest of the Seven Soldiers of Victory to show up. (I'm thinking Shining Knight could show up in Legends.)

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@zearing said:

Do I want him to show up? It depends on how they would portray him and how often that would use him.

Do I want confirmation on whether or not he exists in the world they are creating? Defiantly.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@penguindust: Season 4, he will do the unthinkable, Oliver Queen will become The Green Arrow. I amn´t kidding, Stephen Amell confirmed this on aninterview.

For real? Like in the name or move towards what many people like in Green Arrow that separates him from Batman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titanbreaker: Yes he did. Of course somethings change when they are filming it.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they should include green arrow in the program

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Not on the CW

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By deathstroke52

No.

I have my own imaginary Batman show planned out in my head and I don't want the CW stealing my ideas.

Sorry Guggenheim, the story will literally not be the same. inside joke

GermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah, why not?

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Ben Afleck, if he's good. I want him to kick the Arrow version of Ra's butt.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@titanbreaker: Yes he did. Of course somethings change when they are filming it.

Are you talking about the interview where he said he's not wearing the Arrow suit anymore? Which he didn't actually say "Yeah, they're going to call him Green Arrow," but it was vaguely implied.

Ben Afleck, if he's good. I want him to kick the Arrow version of Ra's butt.

Ben Affleck vs. John Barrowman?

Fair enough. I think Merlyn can take Bruce here, as long as we're not talking Silver Age.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God no! Seriously Batman is far to popular to ever show up on a $hit network like CW. Leave my Batman out of that dump called CW.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv:

"I think Merlyn can take Bruce here, as long as we're not talking Silver Age."

Malcom Merlyn will never ever be able to beat Batman.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345: Have you not seen what Merlyn can do on Arrow? The guy is a beast.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: In the comics Batman catches arrows shot at him all the time. And Batflack is going to fight super dude. He doesn't stand a ghost of a chance.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345: But we're not talking about the comics, and Ra's is more than just arrows. We're talking about live-action, and Affleck's Batman is getting a shiny suit for Superman to pound on and that's cool, but take away the armor, I'd say Ra's can take the guy down.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@username12345: But we're not talking about the comics, and Ra's is more than just arrows. We're talking about live-action, and Affleck's Batman is getting a shiny suit for Superman to pound on and that's cool, but take away the armor, I'd say Ra's can take the guy down.

Batman would never wear the armor against Ra's. It is not standard gear. Ra's has a fair chance against Batman as he is always played up as one of his most skilled and intellectual foes as long as Arrow has displayed this Ra's is fine.

bobthened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel that he should exist in the CW universe , but he shouldn't feature in any of the shows, beyond references or brief mentions of how (Green) Arrow was inspired by him or something

but seriously why are they refusing to call him Green Arrow??

_incognito_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel that he should exist in the CW universe , but he shouldn't feature in any of the shows, beyond references or brief mentions of how (Green) Arrow was inspired by him or something

Right? It pissed me off how they replaced Ra's relationship towards Batman with Arrow. They should have made a refernce to him in some way. Ra's should have said something like "You were my second choice". And I would be happy.

SCOLTON97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like it if he was to exist, it shouldn't go far beyond that - just references, and small appearances only as Batman, never finding out his identity. Have him appear every so often, and be a character entirely shrouded in mystery.

@bobthened said:

Right? It pissed me off how they replaced Ra's relationship towards Batman with Arrow. They should have made a refernce to him in some way. Ra's should have said something like "You were my second choice". And I would be happy.

Completely agree with this. That line too, "You were my second choice" would have been fantastic.

Bjm316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bjm316

cw prob uses batman villains for arrow so he seems more relevant. Batman doesn't need that show. It's good that tv is trying to show heroes who get less exposure like arrow and flash who aren't nearly as popular. The most they shud do is just make references of batman in their shows that he exists but not actually use him. I will tell you one thing tho batman should have a new animated series and not a brave and the bold or the batman I'm talking BTAS type or at least another justice league series. We need something good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.