SDCC 2012: Interview with Jim Lee and Dan DiDio, DC Comics.

Posted by abauman (111 posts) - - Show Bio
Play
Please use a flash or html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Staff
#1 Posted by tcglkn (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome Interview!

#2 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

whats the trinity war?

#3 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio
Darn it, now i am going to have to buy a playstation 3. Was that dc u vs mortsl kombat any good btw?
#4 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeboy: its average. Fun to play, but not as awesome as injustice. Try mk9 by the same studios its freaking awesome. I recently bought a ps3 after I saw injustice, lol.

#5 Posted by DarthTanka (34 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: I guess it would be some kind of conflit opposing Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman...

@lifeboy: No.... It is not good... Not as a DC fan, not as a Mortal Kombat fan, not as a Fighting game fan... Do not buy it...

#6 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: you havent even played injustice! but yeah mk vs dc sucked

#7 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: Ive seen the demo and it plays like mk but better and no mk vs dc did not suck, you're just a marvel fanboy that constantly are unhappy with DC for god knows what reason.

#8 Posted by BlueLanternBeast (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mean to criticize, but Dan DiDio's name title says "Dan Dido". Still a great interview!

#9 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: you've seen the demo?!?! wow! that sure is a lot to go on. you havent played it yet. not even the demo. it could be clunky as hell. but what to except from you.

#10 Edited by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: yawns. Coming from someone who says he prefers the lame as hell kinect marvel fighting game over injustice. Pretty much everyone hates the kinect game.

At least I'm realistic and I acknowledges when marvel does something good. you just hates everything dc. so shoo

#11 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: i only said i liked it because i thought it was for wii and i have a wii. and for realistic, you are praising a game you havent played. so yeah you shoo.

#12 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: almost every website is praising the game calling it the most anticipated fighting game. it already won awards btw. tons of them. You dont need to play the game to know if its good. Just like how everyone saw that kinect game and couldn't be bothered with it.

#13 Posted by CrashLanden (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Great first interview, Sara!

#14 Posted by CitizenJP (588 posts) - - Show Bio

Trinity War you say?!

#15 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio
Whoa, thanks for the info guys, i will make sure to stay clear of it. Its just that i loved dc heros for ps2 so much, i thought any jl game would be good. It was just so much fun to play, especially being supes, zatanna, flash or ww :) i also bought xmen apocholipse but only played it for 20 minutes before i hated it and never played again. Who cares, it was only 5 bucks on amazon, since they dont even make ps2 games anymore, Lol...

@sethysquare: @DarthTanka:

#16 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Those guys have taken the "fun" outta my funny books :/

When's the next EiC taking its turn? I prefer some editorial changes every now and then to keep things fresh~

#17 Posted by Beast_in_the_Shadows (424 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

whats the trinity war?

It's the next universe wide cross-over focusing on the trinity of Sins i.e. Pandora, Phantom Stranger and the new Question. It sounds like the three will be waring against each other with the DCnU in the cross-fire as opposed to the Trinity fighting together against the heroes.

#18 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio
Im a level 5! I Have the Power!!!
#19 Posted by ObsideonDarman (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Great Interview. Nice bunch of lads.

#20 Posted by zombietag (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

they laugh so much haha obviously the BEGINNING of the con not the end :/

good interview

#21 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (517 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is it when Dan DiDio talks I am reminded of the Cowardly Lion?

#22 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr. Kamikaze: His voice is the same, after I read that I cant stop thinking about it.

I am looking forward to the Zero Issues, particularly Batwoman, Red Hood, and Ravagers.

#23 Posted by abauman (111 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLanternBeast: I made a correction to that before the post was published but I guess the encoder hasn't replaced the file yet :(

Staff
#24 Posted by Fhiz (471 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure the characters Didio was referring to as Phantom Stranger being involved with the origins of familiar characters are Trigon and Raven. Trigon is mentioned in solicits of #1, and Raven was originally going to be used by Scott Lobdell in something, but that plan got axed for other future plans... probably these.

#25 Posted by Mr_riddler (15732 posts) - - Show Bio

Didio...

#26 Posted by Billy Batson (57704 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_riddler said:

Didio...

It's spelled as Didiot, Acertijo.
BB

#27 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1291 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice to know that there are going to be more sci fi fantasy titles coming out capes and cowls are getting a little tiresome.

#28 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

really excited about the phantom stranger

#29 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome Interview :D

although .... very devastated I can't be there this year :(

#30 Posted by Booster_Bronze (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Didio needs to switch to decaf.

#31 Posted by LordRequiem (1308 posts) - - Show Bio

So the zero issues are for anniversary purposes, but do we not already know most of the back stories/origins well enough already? Unless they're wanting to change things up a bit more. Interesting to see if they'll keep the anniversary theme every October.

#32 Posted by ParaDemise (32 posts) - - Show Bio

A great kick-off with the biggest entrepreneurs in the industry. Lee and DiDio seem like two amicable guys. Down to earth and simply having fun with what they do. Can't wait for the next videos!

#33 Posted by TheThe (1729 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Lee is cute. I love the way they were acting in this interview, like regular guys.

#34 Posted by B_Heart (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Lee is always awesome! Didn't realize Didio was so tall/joyful, sure he's a great guy to be around.

#35 Posted by yo_yo_fun (639 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome interview:) They seem like great guys!

I'm very interested in reading Dan Dido's Phantom Stranger.

#36 Posted by Sergotron (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Kicking it off pretty big I see.

#37 Posted by CraigWayne (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for the Phantom Stranger issue myself

#38 Posted by Queso6p4 (1429 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sergotron: Very true.

I'm glad to see this lighthearted exchange amongst some of the heavy hitters. I'm definitely looking forward to the Phantom Stranger as he's always been a favorite of mine.

#39 Posted by Icon (2050 posts) - - Show Bio

These guys are awesome. That interview was a lot of fun. Didio's laugh kills me (love his Supes hat too).

#40 Posted by cagedleo730 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eyz: Neither Didio or Lee are EiC. That's Bob Harras' job. Lee and Didio are co-publishers. I don't doubt that Didio has a heavy hand in editorial though. Lee seems more invested in the digital and collectible parts of DC.

#41 Posted by Orion2012 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Great interview. As well, I did not picture DiDio as a jovial, happy guy. DC has not disappointed me yet with the New 52 and I'm looking forward to what they come up with next.

#42 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10902 posts) - - Show Bio

Injustice...looks....cool....

#43 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahh they are starting to lay the foundations of Trinity War, awesome. Phantom Stranger's gonna be one of the ongoings Im going to be getting soon so I sure hope he handles this book alright. And of course Jim Lee would say Team 7 would be his favorite upcoming zero issue, lol didn't even have to hear his answer to know what he'd say.

#44 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice interview.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.