Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

RUMOR: Information on Green lantern Movie

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Got another little scoop I found searching the web. A man who apparently works at DC gave comicbookmovie.com some information he's learned about the upcoming DC films. The information on Green Lantern was probably the most interesting to me.

He said that the film will take place entirely in space, and will include the entire Green Lantern corp. He also said the film will star several Earth lanterns. No specifics on the villain, but he said that they would be fighting other corps.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This movie isn't going to be out until the end of the decade. I only mention this because it seems unlikely anyone would have a scoop on something that a script probably hasn't even been written for. Then again, I have no idea of the inner workings of Hollywood and I'm half an idiot anyway so, cool if true.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I'm guessing its not going to be an origin story.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Larfleeze, please.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tohoma said:

I doubt it especially since the movie is coming after Justice League part 2. Maybe one of the other Earth Lanterns will be joining during the movie, and Hal or John will be showing them the ropes.

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj_was_here: @justthatkid: @muffin_sangria: @eyedcyou:

Der r sum interesting thoughts in dis article regarding hw 2 re-introduce GL 2 movie-goers & mo' importantly in2 d DCcinematic universe.

Published 6 days ago by Andrew Dyce

http://screenrant.com/green-lantern-justice-league-2-movie-villain/

Wat r ur thoughts on sum oif d idea/specul8ns in dat article.

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tohoma said:

I doubt it especially since the movie is coming after Justice League part 2. Maybe one of the other Earth Lanterns will be joining during the movie, and Hal or John will be showing them the ropes.

WB had betta b VERY smart not 2 kp pushing Hal esp after d last GL movie was a colossal flop same with d GL cgi toons.

Most GL fans want John as D prime GL, DC wants Hal as d prime GL....GL's r space cops so ynt hv BOTH Hal & John as GL's partnerd 2thr 2 police space sector 2814(which includes earth) thus devlping a GL movie as a space buddy cops type movie whr we hv 2 space police partners/GL's frm diffrent walks of life with diffrnt personalities & usually @ loggerheads but hv 2partner-up 2 protect d earth & 2thr undrstnd wat it means 2 b chozen 2 wield d pwr of gr8 will.

Dis way, both advoc8s & fans of GLs John & Hal will b happy & carries a gr8r possibility of success.

Watr ur thougts on dis?

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John and Guy buddy cop movie. Lethal Weapon in Space!

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like bulls***. Warner Bros isn't that smart.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@silver_zeal: the cartoons weren't a flop. They were the highest rated show on CN at one time.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muffin_sangria said:

@tohoma said:

WB had betta b VERY smart not 2 kp pushing Hal esp after d last GL movie was a colossal flop same with d GL cgi toons.

Most GL fans want John as D prime GL, DC wants Hal as d prime GL....GL's r space cops so ynt hv BOTH Hal & John as GL's partnerd 2thr 2 police space sector 2814(which includes earth) thus devlping a GL movie as a space buddy cops type movie whr we hv 2 space police partners/GL's frm diffrent walks of life with diffrnt personalities & usually @ loggerheads but hv 2partner-up 2 protect d earth & 2thr undrstnd wat it means 2 b chozen 2 wield d pwr of gr8 will.

Dis way, both advoc8s & fans of GLs John & Hal will b happy & carries a gr8r possibility of success.

Watr ur thougts on dis?

I'm sure we'll only see one of them in the Justice League movies, but by the time of the solo movie both could exist. I feel like Guy Gardner showing up is less likely but who knows. I feel like the movie could involve a third lantern being inducted. Either Kyle or Simon.

I've got a feeling Ezra Miller might actually be playing Wally West rather then Barry Allen. If that's the case I think it could be John Stewart in the Justice League instead of Hal Jordan.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.