pushing aside the modern age for the silver age?

#1 Edited by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

I've noticed DC has been pushing away some of their modern age characters by killing them or  pushing them away to bring back the silver age characters..
 Most of this has been used by Geoff Johns (who I have no problem with)

but we had Linda Danvers who was tossed out for Kara Zor-El
Wally West who has been pushed aside for Barry Allen

#2 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure certain people will be back. 

#3 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling: It' seems like they're just getting shoved aside.
#4 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing new, DC has been trying to bring back the silver age for some time now. Just look at all the things happening in the Superman books. Brainiac, legion of superheroes, Kandor and so on. Some of it I approve, some of it is just as lame as it was back then, but the silver age seems to be here to stay.

#5 Posted by burr787 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really see a problem with a lot of it. I just got into comics a year ago so it's kind of like I'm jumping into a new reader friendly Universe. I like a lot of things going on too, I like Hal Jordan, Barry seems a bit plain but he was awesome in BN4, and him coming back opens up possibilities for new stories. I'm just happy they're not rebooting the entire Universe again.

#6 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth: I'm sure it's just temporary. Hawkman & Hawkgirl are no longer BL's so they're bound to be reincarnated anew. Then there's some newer characters that have been killed off who I think will be revived at the end of Blackest Night.  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.