Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Pre-Flashpoint omnibuses?

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
    Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

does anyone know or anticipate that DC will start making omnibuses of pre-flashpoint comics? I ask because I'd like to read those books but I'd rather not spend all the money itd take to collect the issues.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Squalleon

Omnibuses usually collect a author's run. I don't see DC making Omnibuses for every title pre-52. It will be done for Johns GL since first volume was announced and at some point Morrison's Batman but not every title gets the Omnibus treatment.

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omnibuses usually collect a author's run. I don't see DC making Omnibuses for every title pre-52. It will be done for Johns GL since first volume was announced and at some point Morrison's Batman but not every title gets the Omnibus treatment.

I'm hoping for an Action Comics omnibus. I'd like to read a lot of Superman.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@squalleon said:

I'm hoping for an Action Comics omnibus. I'd like to read a lot of Superman.

Well, an action comics omnibus is very vague, as I said omnibus collects a certain story or run usually, like Johns' run or The death of Superman omnibus. If DC publishes something in omnibus form it has to be critically acclaimed and popular enough to have a readership big enough to buy the omnibus. The omnibus treatment is very rare.
    But if you are interested DC published an omnibus called Superman: the golden age which is pretty good.

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Omnibuses are usually quite expensive themselves.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

bakera8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.