Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Please give DIAL H a try.

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

Dial H is such a unique and interesting book. It does not deserve to be second to last in sales. Please give it a try before it gets the chopping block.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By sinestro_GL

@rich711 said:

Dial H is such a unique and interesting book. It does not deserve to be second to last in sales. Please give it a try before it gets the chopping block.

I think the problem is that not many people have heard of Dial H. It's a sad fact though...people should give unfamiliar books a try at least once.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wish people would've tried Hawkman and Deathstroke before they got the chopping block.

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rich711

I tried Hawkman, that book was terrible. The writing stunk and without an inker the art became a dark blurry mess. I really love Hawkman or at least I did before they reinvented him. Deathstroke I never read, I was mad about the costume change but I heard some people really enjoyed it. I remember the original Deathstroke solo book. He is a hard character to care about, its just a lot of "POW" "BANG" "KABOOM". If you miss him you can find 60 issues of the Deathstroke series from the 90's at most comic back issue websites for $1.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5 Icarusflies  Moderator

Dial H is amazing. It's probably the best series (and YES I'm including I, Vampire) that's going to get the knife. :(

Come on people, buy it NOW!

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Billy Batson

The first trade just came out so people better buy it.

BB

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Pretty much the only reason I'm not reading it is the hipster fan following.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

It doesn't have Super, Bat or Green in the title so I don't see DC giving it much of a push.

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That makes you sound like a complete hipster.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rich711 said:

@citizenbane said:

That makes you sound like a complete hipster.

How dare you! I read every Batman family book! Every Green Lantern book! Every Superman family book! My reading list is as woefully mainstream as it gets!

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought you said you just didn't like it.

BB

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane said:

BB

I didn't like Stormwatch either, kept reading it nonetheless. Dial H dropped off my list because of personal preference at first; it stayed off the list because of the hipster fan following. I am content to patiently wait to hear their anguished cries when it gets cancelled.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Loki9876

I bought the tpb.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

I like the concept, but I tried the first few issues and just couldn't get into it.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Billy Batson

@billy_batson said:

@citizenbane said:

BB

I didn't like Stormwatch either, kept reading it nonetheless. Dial H dropped off my list because of personal preference at first; it stayed off the list because of the hipster fan following. I am content to patiently wait to hear their anguished cries when it gets cancelled.

Loading Video...

BB

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: Relax, dont get your ironic mustache all uncurled. Only a hipster would worry this much about a bunch of strangers thinking he is a hipster. Go have a Paps Blue Ribbon and unwind to some Skrilex. If you dont want to read an awesome book dont.

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rich711
    @the_tree said:

I like the concept, but I tried the first few issues and just couldn't get into it.

I understand completely. I really did not like it for at least the first 4-5 issues but I had bought the first 8 issues on Ebay. If I didnt have the issued I would have dropped off. I think I even wrote some negative review for the early issues here on comicvine. It had real problems with character development and was a bit confusing at the start. But the writing really improved. It has gotten so good and so weird but in a good way rather than just weird for weird's sake like it was at the beginning. The writer really turned the book around in my opinion. The latest issue 11 was fantastic.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Don't have enough money

papabearg4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By papabearg4d

Don't have enough money

This. If I have 3.99 to spend on a comic book, I'd go for my favorite book than risk it on a book that I may or may not enjoy, though my friend has it on his pull list so I'd borrow it, doesn't see how that helps the book on sales since I am not paying for it.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I'm buying it solely for the Brian Bolland covers, but, at least I'm buying it. The story line, while never straying far from interesting, isn't particularly riveting. As with the bulk of the "new" 52, you pretty much know the book is going to be cancelled the second it hits the shelves. DC is making no effort to preserve any of it's titles. There are several ways a publisher can bolster flagging sales, but DC is bringing none of these time worn techniques to bear. If the publisher isn't bothering to invest in their product, you really can't be surprised when the readers aren't either.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I would buy it if I had money. Looks cool...

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#23  Edited By akbogert

@rich711: Not to be too hipster, but it's Pabst.

And honestly, I've looked into the series before, but it really just didn't appeal to me. And it sucks to have someone directly appeal for help and not be able to justify giving it :(

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rich711
    @akbogert said:

@rich711: Not to be too hipster, but it's Pabst.

And honestly, I've looked into the series before, but it really just didn't appeal to me. And it sucks to have someone directly appeal for help and not be able to justify giving it :(

Dial H is not for everyone. Some people really enjoy it and some people really enjoy combing internet forums for chances to make themselves feel smart by correcting strangers spelling mistakes. Whatever floats your boat.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@rich711 said:

Agreed. It's pretty fantastic.

gregroyj42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried the first issue and it was ok but due to a very tight budget I didn't keep reading it. I only buy 6-8 comics a month but will be dropping a lot of cash on trades this summer might pick this up. Any other series that were great that I need to pick up trades for?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm not a fan of China Mieville. Before he was put on Dial H, I read his novel Kraken and found it to be the most incomprehensible nonsense I've ever read. It took a massive effort just to pull through. I don't know, maybe it's just because my tastes don't veer to his more experimental style, but that book left a bad taste in my mouth, so I don't really have the motivation (or the money) to give Dial H a try.

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gregroyj42: Check out Batwoman (but start with Elegy, before moving on to her self-titled series).

gregroyj42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rich711

At least they are making #19 a double issue and are making a point to give the story a complete ending. It has been a weird and fun book

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rich711: Yeah, that's a nice gesture of DC. If my favorite series was cancelled, I would want the writers to have more pages in the finale to have the opportunity to wrap up all plot points.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.