Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Pitch a DC Animated Movie

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Title says it all. Can either be original or an adaption of a comic story.

I'm sure this topic has been done before, but if it has I've never seen it so the thread must have been inactive for a couple of years now...

Personally I'd love to see a Grayson animated movie. Not necessarily a straight adaption of any of the comic storylines, any story with Dick Grayson working for Spyral would be cool. Could probably tell an alternate version of the "death" of Nightwing at the start, have Batman send him undercover, and bam.

Any other ideas for a DC Animated Movie you'd like to see?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be cool to see them try tackling the "Reverse" story arc from The Flash. I'd include that with a scene near the end, that saw Wally getting to visit Daniel in prison.

Alternatively, "Broken," "The Kill Machine," and "The Outsiders War" would all be great Green Arrow movies. I think The Kill Machine would be the best one, just because of what it introduced and of course sets up The Outsiders War perfectly.

Justice League: United would be cool to see as well, with the "Justice League of Canada" storyline being the base, but in all honesty, I liked the JLA Team and kind of wished they'd kept them together.

"Superman and The Men of Steel" with some Earth-One elements to makeup for the spots taken by Rocket Song (or even place Rocket Song as the origin of sorts,) and his adventure with the Legion. That would be one I'd love to see happen, since I loved the first arc of Action Comics.

Deathstroke's "Godkiller" storyline, could be pretty interesting, but I already hate the version of Deathstroke they created in the new DCaU, so that garbage has to be retconned.

Those are just a few stories I think would make for great animated movies. Doubt any of these get made any time soon, outside of possibly Reverse and/or Superman and The Men of Steel. Mostly just hoping to go a year without a Batman movie, so I wanted to suggest some different characters who have had great arcs that haven't been covered in expanded media yet.

Drmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingdom come

Blackest knight

Superman doomed

Ampthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a justice league dark animated film would be awesome and I agree a Grayson one would be awesome

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

I would pitch a movie for Static called "Return to Dakota". I'll would have some elements from his New 52 series while also adding some elements from the tv show and the original milestone run.

The story can be that currently, Virgil is having a hard time adjusting to his family's move to New York. Making things worse is that he's having a harder time fitting in while in New York than he originally did while he was in Dakota and his reception as Static hasn't been that warm among New Yorkers either. Regardless, Virgil is still hanging in there by keeping contact with his friends Frieda and Richie via skype. But for the past couple of months they've been telling him that Dakota has been in decline recently ever since he moved.It's going through a recession at the moment, people have been fleeing the city because of the fact that Bang Baby gangs are now larger and more powerful than ever, with Ebon and Holocausts respective gangs being the largest and they are currently caught in a turf war for the city. And what's worse is that the villains have been getting craftier and have actually managed to find ways to defeat heroes such as Icon and Hardware. With most of Dakota's heavy hitters in critical condition, Richie has had to find ways to slow the bad guys down as gear with She-Bang by his side, but no avail. Horrified by the state Dakota is in, Virgil Hawkins dons his old costume (that kind of looks like the one from the show) one summer, and makes the tough decision to run away to Dakota to rally up his old allies and stop Ebon and Holocaust before they fully turn Dakota into hell on earth.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Teen Titans. Either adapt E1 comic, Judas Contract with it following the book rather than the TV shows or the first time the Titans go up against Deathstroke. As someone already stated Deathstroke has been ruined in the recent movies and needs some serious love and I think the best way to do that would be to pit him against a competent team of heroes.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Batman: The Court of owls

A proper adaptation of the Batman: The Court of Owls and Batman: Night Of the Owls storylines

Batman Eternal

An adaptation of the Batman Eternal storyline

Green Lantern.

A series of movies that tells the story of Geoff Johns Green Lantern epic

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
    MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drmagic said:

Kingdom come

I can't think of a better suggestion than that.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

"Blitz" from Geoff Johns' original run on The Flash.

Jimdotbeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcomicfan: I would LOVE to see a proper adaption of the Court of Owls Arc. We totally got jipped with that Batman Vs. Robin crap

mogo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingdom Come sounds the best so far

I would like to see the end of john's run in green lantern.

Sinestro and hal had some serious bromance

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@kcomicfan: I would LOVE to see a proper adaption of the Court of Owls Arc. We totally got jipped with that Batman Vs. Robin crap

I agree.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.