Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Order of Events

bio595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bio595

I only began reading comics properly when new 52 launched.

Since then I've been trawling the wiki reading all about different characters and being exposed to the pre new 52 stuff.

However, I can't for the life of me work out the order of all the different crises and events.

I know that Flashpoint was the last event before the recent relaunch but I don't know what order everything else happened.

Is there a page here on comicvine that describes what happened or can someone give a quick rundown?

Cheers!

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

bio595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By bio595
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By ReVamp

@bio595: Yes, I can give you the basics.

• Originally, in the Golden Age, you had characters like the Justice Society of America, including Jay Garrick as the Flash, Alan Scott as the Green Lantern, as well as Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman.
    • Eventually, DC launched new characters, as well as revamped old ones, with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Hal Jordan as the Green Lantern, Barry Allen as the Flash and other characters of the like -- known as the Justice League of America.
    • Eventually, its revealed the the JSA is part one earth and the JLA is part of a parallel earth, of a parallel reality. JSA was Earth-2 and JLA was Earth-1.
    • During Crisis on Infinite Earths the two worlds merged together. This retconed (a retcon is basically, when something is written in a recent comic, that alters something that happened in the past. Changing continuity of what happened) the two worlds and made it so that the JSA and the JLA lived in the same world. The JSA was formed first, in the Second World War and the JLA was formed later.
    • Other Events end up happening, retconning some events such as Zero Hour, Infinite Crisis and Final Crisis. You can probably find a list of what they retconned somewhere on the internet, but it doesn't really matter. These events basically served for DC to reshape their world in some form, or to provide a good story.
    • Lastly, there's Flashpoint, which is somewhat like Crisis on Infinite Earths where the Earth is reshaped again. The JSA no longer exists in this new world (I think its officially been stated to be designated Earth-0, but I'm not sure) and a lot of history has been changed yet again, but this time it was done in bulk. For some characters, they're basically starting anew. Superman for example, has never even had a romantic relationship with Lois Lane, much less married her. There are other examples.

For more detail on what remains or doesn't in Flashpoint, or to answer any questions, don't hesitate to PM me. ^__^. That goes for anyone.

Also, this is a very barebones explanation, lacking detail since it was simplified. Just keep that in mind.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Saren

You have COIE, then Zero Hour, then Identity Crisis, then Infinite Crisis, then Final Crisis, then Flashpoint. Easy peasy.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By TDK_1997

@CitizenBane said:

You have COIE, then Zero Hour, then Identity Crisis, then Infinite Crisis, then Final Crisis, then Flashpoint. Easy peasy.

This story arc are most important and you must definitely read them.The others aren't so important.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.