No more DC animated movies

• 83 results
#1 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

They were putting more into them than they were getting back. Shame. Superman vs. The Elite was my favorite, followed by Batman: Red Hood.

#3 Posted by JediXMan (30706 posts) - - Show Bio

Sucks. This was one of the departments where DC was doing well.

#4 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Please God, tell me this isn't true... >:(

#5 Posted by Wolfrazer (6899 posts) - - Show Bio

LAME!....Really some heroes just do better in animated then live action..

#6 Posted by WebScud (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, man. That's a bummer.

I wonder what Bruce Timm will do next.

#7 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok please tell me this is a joke.

#8 Posted by TheBigRedCheese (372 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they finish The Dark Knight Returns since it's suppose to be released in two parts........

#9 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

So they did shut it down due to low sales?

#10 Posted by YoungJustice (6863 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by MisterWhisper (1942 posts) - - Show Bio

I find that strange because the DC animated movies were all MUCH better than the Marvel animated movies.

Batman: Under the Red Hood was amazing, and all the others were at least good if not great. Ok, Wonder Woman was not that great, but hey 1 out of the bunch is still good percentages.

#12 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really freaking mad right now this just F up my whole week.

#13 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

I blame piracy for what just happened.

#15 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

#16 Posted by cattlebattle (12820 posts) - - Show Bio

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#17 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Could we all unite and make a angry letter to WB

#19 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that freakin blows!

#20 Edited by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

I will never be able to cope with this...

#21 Edited by TheBigRedCheese (372 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's not panic just yet..

"Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Home Video will continue to produce and release animated movies, such as Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry and DC Universe."

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/warner-premiere-direct-to-video-close/

#22 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBigRedCheese said:

"Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Home Video will continue to produce and release animated movies, such as Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry and DC Universe."

Hope...

#23 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

@TheBigRedCheese said:

Hope...

A slither of hope! I shall nurture it into a full blown miracle.

#24 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@TheBigRedCheese said:

Hope...

A slither of hope! I shall nurture it into a full blown miracle.

You guys made me happy

#25 Posted by TheBigRedCheese (372 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF: I think we will be okay guys.

#26 Posted by Shawnbaby (10804 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterWhisper said:

I find that strange because the DC animated movies were all MUCH better than the Marvel animated movies.

Batman: Under the Red Hood was amazing, and all the others were at least good if not great. Ok, Wonder Woman was not that great, but hey 1 out of the bunch is still good percentages.

I wouldn't be shocked to hear Marvel announce the same thing soon. On the other hand, Marvel hasn't put as much financial backing into it's Direct to Video releases as DC has...so they might not be hemorrhaging as much money as DC. Since 2007 DC has released 15 Direct To Video Animated Films...Marvel has done 6.

#27 Posted by jwalser3 (5074 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBigRedCheese:

I hope so.

#29 Posted by MisterWhisper (1942 posts) - - Show Bio

I have seen all of them, and honestly not a single one of the Marvel movies were that good. The Ultimates was 60 mins of boring crap and then 20 mins of Hulk kicking the crap out of the Avengers.

#30 Posted by The Stegman (24641 posts) - - Show Bio

I...but.I....ahem...this cannot stand.

#31 Posted by Shawnbaby (10804 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterWhisper said:

I have seen all of them, and honestly not a single one of the Marvel movies were that good. The Ultimates was 60 mins of boring crap and then 20 mins of Hulk kicking the crap out of the Avengers.

Yeah but it's not a question of who's got the better Animated Films..I agree DC has been putting out mostly superior products (I hated Justice League: Doom though). I'm just saying DC has put a lot more money into it and now they are saying that they aren't getting enough money back.

#32 Posted by cc1738 (358 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG the DC animated movies were the best, what does it mean shutting down the Warner Premier but still producing the movies?

#34 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF: that's not a bad idea. We should make a petition here on Comicvine. Anyone know how?

#35 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20318 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUU-

#36 Edited by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrShway88: Actually after reading the article i think they are just shutting down the department and transferring the employees to Warner Animation etc, and they said they still are going to make DC Animated Movies using the other departments so i guess they mean that only those live action movies that Warner Premier produced will be stopped.

#37 Edited by PurpleCandy (773 posts) - - Show Bio

You got to be kidding me, wow with the old JLA cartoon gone all we had left were DC Animated Movies, which the DCAU movies were always a kick-ass experience. My 2 favorite are Public Enemies and Crisis on Two Earths, man you have to be kidding me. I mean c'mon, half of the DCA Movies were even Cinema-worthy! Wow 'tis a shame indeed.

DC Animated movies are better than the Marvel animated movies. Marvel Animated Films tend to have considerably silly plots and they make character's weak and disappointing (i.e. Thor and all of Asgard getting raped by Hulk). Man now what do I watch? They better not make a JLA cartoon with the same crappy CGI as Beware the Batman and Green Lantern corps.

#38 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@PurpleCandy: They're still making the DC Animated movies just under a different Department not Warner Premier

#39 Posted by PurpleCandy (773 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheVoiceOfReason:

Oh, well I'm sure the writing won't be different

#40 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

@PurpleCandy: They're still making the DC Animated movies just under a different Department not Warner Premier

Thank god so we still got DC animated movies and shows for the future.

#41 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@PurpleCandy: I hope so, they said the people working on the movies also moved into the other departments

#42 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF said:

I blame piracy for what just happened.

If this decision was based on piracy then all of hollywood would shut down, since its not then piracy is not the problem hollywood and record companies make it out to be.

#43 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

They were putting more into them than they were getting back. Shame. Superman vs. The Elite was my favorite, followed by Batman: Red Hood.

#44 Posted by TheSmallvillefan12 (186 posts) - - Show Bio

This was the only way to see literal translation of a comic into a movie. They were some of my favorite movies of all time especially Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths. This ruined my day.

#45 Posted by zombietag (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

this doesnt seem reliable

#46 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7021 posts) - - Show Bio
@Twentyfive: yea. DC animated movies most of them are all great and the peeps who make them put their best effort.
#47 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL, like we really need more Scooby Doo and Tom & Jerry...

#48 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we've misunderstood the news source.  Warner Premiere is just one of the video distribution arms of Warner Bros.  It is not the animation studio itself.  Timm and co can still make features, but they have to choose another avenue to get them on the shelves.

#49 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5465 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was only female led animated projects, are you saying the whole divisions shutting down?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.