Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

New Weekly DC Series to depict the FUTURES END

• 77 results
    Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Sounds great, but batman Beyond in 5 years is a bit soon...

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Call me a pessimist, but I can't help but think both of these announced weekly series are going to be overhyped and ultimately mediocre at best.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53  Edited By lifeboy

If DC is trying to be like marvel, then I'm out....

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the f*ck is this?

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#55  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

So 5 years in the future everyone will be a robot, but Batman. OK then. Looks interesting. I have a feeling Adam Strange might be present when all this happens.

webling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By webling

I'm glad to see Batman Beyond becoming a part of the current DCU canon, hopefully we'll get a on-going focusing on him.

Though I am curious, if they plan on introducing Terry in this new series, what does this mean for his current digital comic series?

Yeah I don't mind them messing with Terry as long as they keep his book out of whatever crap they pull. Maybe it will be great, but I have very little faith in New 52 events.

I would love for this to be a success. Lemire, Azzarello (which spell check is telling me should be spelled Mozzarella), Frankenstein, and Terry. That all sounds great. And then there is Firestorm, haven't read anything of him since Brightest Day. He is only noteworthy during events, huh? Which half are they killing this time?

Avatar image for theblackmagicien
    Theblackmagicien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Great cover. It looks interesting.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Brother eye, and Terry brought into the new 52?...No thanks

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Just please don't make it like forever evil,. where everyone is dead ( or who knows what ) except for freaking batman the lone survivor.

LuisEscobar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Bruce wear the Batman Beyond suit for a few years before Terry wore it? I don't see why Bruce can't be the one in the suit.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By RustyRoy

Maybe Damien is Batman, 5 years into the future he would roughly be the same age as terry when he first became batman beyond. Or Damien could be using the alias of Terry McGinnis in the future because he doesn't want people to know 5 years prior he was resurrected and became the new batman after brother eye was reborn etc.

This could work.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Bruce wear the Batman Beyond suit for a few years before Terry wore it? I don't see why Bruce can't be the one in the suit.

That would be awesome!!

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

finally! DC has been trying hard to get beyond into the continuity.

One where damian was Terry's mentor.... :P

But 5 Years? O.o What up with that

Maybe thats not terry in the suit.

OH WAIT!
    Is terry gonna be like man out of time like O'hara???

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

reminds me of final crisis a when people were transformed into warriors for darkseid. so brother eye takes over ala the matrix? oh batman. and of course since its a dc event the future batman is the lead lol but im interested to know who else will be in the tale other than terry

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

So the 5 years later rumour was true. I have to admit an uneasiness over this news. Not only is the possibility of a technological domination and drastic shift in technology difficult to see even by comic book standards, the cover seems to represent a lot of things that are drawbacks of the New 52. Being dark and edgy and supposedly earth changing for the sake of change. Organic development is always superior to hastily conceived weekly series. Even with the strong lineup of writers for this series, the concept is already a difficult one to execute. Plus Batman Beyond seems like pure shoehorning for fan service.

Dstick88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Dstick88

@johnny_spam said:

I really prefer Dick, Tim or Damian as Batman instead of Terry. But if it is five years later then maybe it will be someone else in the costume. Azzarello is a weird choice for the book.

i like terry but if this gives an excuse to get Damian or Tim their own book i am game. I like both so much more than dick, and i have batman beyond 2.0 to give me whatever terry i need.

Also we have seen in i think batwing that bruce had a prototype suit that looked very similar to batman beyond, maybe this will be bruce in the prototype!

Avatar image for obsidian_raindrop1
    obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redqueen: they look more like robots with fake skin blown off

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By kilowog52

I think those of you who are worried that Batman Beyond will happen only five years in the future are getting anxious over nothing. While there is talk about 'five years in the future' this is probably the new present, sorta like OYL after Infinite Crisis or how the bulk of the New 52 Universe took place five years after the first Justice League arc. They say that they are exploring the past, present, and future. So the very inclusion of the word "past" means that this is not taking place all at one time. What this really reminds me of is in Crisis on Infinite Earths, when not only the different universes, but also different time periods, were merging. Dawnstar from the Legion of Superheroes, and Anthro, or whatever that caveman's name was, and characters from throughout the timestream found themselves in the DCU circa 1985. The fact that they say Frankenstein is going to be the main character in the past makes me believe that the past they speak of will be close to his creation, in whatever century that was, before most modern technology anyway. The Beyond era will probably be the future era they focus on.

This is not the first time they've tried to merge the Beyond era stories with the mainstream DCU. They were doing pretty well with that just before the New 52 reboot. Then the recent digital first series clearly cemented those characters in a universe more akin to the DCAU. I'm thinking this Future's End series will run and when it concludes, they will conclude the current Batman Beyond series, but only after at least as long a run as the previous one had, then they will relaunch a new Batman Beyond series as part of the New 52.

The name Future's End has me somewhat hopeful that this bring about the return of the pre-Flashpoint DCU, but I'm not gonna go anywhere near believing that because if I did, I'd probably get my hopes up.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, when they announced Batman: Eternal, they said that series would be one year long. But I don't see any mention of how long this series will be around. Does anyone have that information.

AminoAcidMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow the technology changed big time for only 5 years

Friskynesss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By Friskynesss

Finally Brother Eye returns with a vengeance!

I've been waiting for its return since the end of Justice League International. Hmm, why do I get the feeling that the Rise of Brother Eye will be a fallout of Forever Evil?

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Weeklies just don't work. Also...Batman Beyond five years into the future? No thank you.

kidhero999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidhero999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By kidhero999
    trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weeklies just don't work. Also...Batman Beyond five years into the future? No thank you.

"Cough" Freaking 52, Beyond Series (2.0 Included), Injustice, Smallville Season 11, Adventures of Superman, Legends of The Dark Knight "Cough"

Come again?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By AllStarSuperman
    kidhero999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

While I do love that Batman Beyond is going to be official continuity, I doubt I'll check this out.

Avatar image for obsidian_raindrop1
    obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slade_wilson: here's a pitch that could work in the future terry as batman lives in a world controlled by brother eye he works with firestorm in dc present time to stop brother eye it turns out though that there is either a hidden bad guy like vandle savage who is controlling him they need Frankenstein's help to find savage because they've meet each other and Frankenstein might be able to locate him or Frankenstein being an immortal may be able to locate something that he has encountered in the past could help.

there it took me 5 minutes to come up with a working plot for the series im sure the writers can do better

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.