New Forever Evil Series Announced

#1 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (815 posts) - - Show Bio

DC has announced a new Forever Evil tie-in event called Blight. Forever Evil: Blight will be an 18-part series running over Justice League Dark, Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger, Constantine, and Trinity of Sin: Pandora lasting from October until March. The exact breakdown is as follows:

1. Justice League Dark #24
  2. Justice League Dark #25
  3. Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger #14
  4. Constantine #9
  5. Trinity of Sin: Pandora #6
  6. Justice League Dark #26
  7. Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger #15
  8. Constantine #10
  9. Pandora #7
  10. Justice League Dark #27
  11. Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger #16
  12. Constantine #11
  13. Trinity of Sin: Pandora #8
  14. Justice League Dark #28
  15. Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger #17
  16. Constantine #12
  17. Trinity of Sin: Pandora #9
  18. Justice League Dark #29

Confirmation of the event can be found here.

My thoughts:

Well, I'm already collecting two of the four titles but I'm not sure my budget can afford the extra two titles for 6 months. I think I'll probably end up giving the start of the event a read at my LCS and decide whether I should I collect individual issues, tradewait, or ignore this completely. Conceptually, I find it interesting enough, but I'll need some convincing before I throw my money at this.

What do you guys think? Pass or fail?

#2 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21752 posts) - - Show Bio

money grab! watch out! I am just getting the main series, nothing more.

#3 Posted by TDK_1997 (14704 posts) - - Show Bio

DC are even more looking like Marvel with every day.

#4 Posted by Icarusflies (12491 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. That's a heavy investment for the company. I have a feeling that sales for all four titles is going to drop sharply.

#5 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (815 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed @icarusflies. I'm having a hard time seeing why we need this huge thing, I mean even Battle of the Atom (which is a 50th anniversary event) is only 10 issues. 18 seems ridiculous, especially considering they've already got Arkham War, Rogues Rebellion, and the main series. It just doesn't seem necessary. I'm inclined to agree with @allstarsuperman this seems like a money grab of dubious quality.

#6 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I am weak enough to buy all. I really need to improve on that.

#7 Posted by theincrediblecj10 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

That sucks because I wanted to start getting JLD and have already started catching up but I don't want to have to read all those other dang books to get the full story especially while I am reading Forever Evil and Arkham War on top of my other monthly books..

#8 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (13763 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I reading both JLD and Phantom Stranger but I could check out the other two.

#9 Posted by 2cool4fun (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

I will probably get them all, at least they are not tying it to almost ALL there series like Marvel, besides, i already read all 4 of those issues, i love the magic part of DC, though i only bought Pandora for the trinity war, and was hoping not to get her any more, cause i honestly didn't think she could even have an interesting story. But i guess she'll just be tying in to every thing...

#10 Edited by 2cool4fun (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowswordmaster: Would definitely recommend Constantin, if you like JLD you will like that book.

#11 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (13763 posts) - - Show Bio

@2cool4fun: I pick up the trinity war tie with Shazam and maybe I need to get back into again .

#12 Posted by Hellion_96 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

I already read all four of these titles so I guess I can't complain

#13 Posted by Marco_Kidd (365 posts) - - Show Bio

@icarusflies: People like to complain about these things in the comments but the reality is that people sure do seem to like these events and the sales will almost certainly go up.

#14 Posted by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

My poor poor wallet

#15 Posted by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like a lot of books. I will buy just some of them, as usual. In trinity war I didn't buy the Constantine ones, the Phantom Stranger ones and a couple of other, but I could follow just fine.

I mean, they do give you a small hook to both inform you and maybe see if you're interested enough. Like, when I heard Shazam saying "Constantine tried to trick me into giving him my power" I said "Uh, ok, sounds about right, fits the character..." but I didn' buy the Constantine tie-in.

So, nothing to complain about.

#16 Edited by Z3RO180 (6460 posts) - - Show Bio

I not buying anything forever evil until the trades are out

#17 Posted by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio

weak story even more spread thin.

#18 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey look none of the books I am reading are affected!!! Hurray! However I was planning on getting into Phantom Strange so this is a bit disappointing.

#19 Posted by sagejonathan (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't fall for these traps. I will buy these major arcs when they come in trade if I want too, but I will not fall for all this major crossover stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.