New DC Villain

#1 Posted by weaponmaster (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

Some say he is a Marvel rip.

Some say he is an amalgam of two Marvel arch-villains.

what say you?

#2 Posted by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, man, he wants to destroy the planet and that's a little too violent for my taste.

Staff Online
#3 Edited by BKole (497 posts) - - Show Bio

The Irony being that the avatar above is that of Sabretooth, a mass murdering psychopath.

I just think he's a new villain. Not fussed if he is similar to another character or not.

#4 Edited by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio

@BKole: The real irony is based on my "conversation" with him in the Deathstroke #3 preview, where he complained about how titles like (lots of violence/gore) that made people have "little to no remorse" over human life. :D

Staff Online
#5 Posted by weaponmaster (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Sorry, man, he wants to destroy the planet and that's a little too violent for my taste.

I would have thought that you of all people would have found this particular thread interesting

.@BKole said:

The Irony being that the avatar above is that of Sabretooth, a mass murdering psychopath.

I just think he's a new villain. Not fussed if he is similar to another character or not.

Well put.

I simply came across this on another site and the author made comparisons to Galactus and Thanos is all. It doesn't bother me at all. All characters are derivitive wouldn't you agree?

@k4tzm4n said:

@BKole: The real irony is based on my "conversation" with him in the Deathstroke #3 preview, where he complained about how titles like (lots of violence/gore) that made people have "little to no remorse" over human life. :D

There is violence and gore in this post of a scan that I got off of someones blog site? I don't see any violence and gore, only implied violence. Where, Mr. K4tzm4n, is the irony in that?

Are you still upset? Try to relax.

Also your placement of the word "that" in your above post was grammatically flawed. :D

#6 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

what's is the villian's name and what book is he going to appear?

Also I don't think he is a "ripoff" from marvel. Inspired is a better meaning.

#7 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

what's is the villian's name and what book is he going to appear?

His name is ...... GALATHANOS

#8 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: well played

#9 Posted by stu (378 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor:

galathanos..? .hmm...i like that.

#10 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7894 posts) - - Show Bio

ummm Spiderman an Deadpool ;O nuh he kinda reminds me of a Dark Side Thanos an a Little Luke Cage

#11 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Peraxxus. Justice League International. I don't consider him a ripoff. Shared character and physical elements do not to me constitute a ripoff, particularly given that negative connotation. Most things normally identified as ripoffs I instead view as homages or interpretations or 'influenced by' those other examples. So far we've had a single panel. Calling anything conclusive is a tad premature anyways.

#12 Posted by GamerGeek360 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

Every time I see him I think Galactus. It's kind of annoying. I hope he gets taken care of quickly in JLI so I don't have to see him anymore. Haha

#13 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

He spends too much time polishing his weapon to be a proper villain. He looks like a master weapon polisher, eh Weaponmaster.

#14 Posted by Icarusflies (12467 posts) - - Show Bio

He's just another generic world-destroyer with too many 'x'es in his name. Seriously, this is one of the least original villains I've seen in a LONG time.

Part of the charm of JLI post-new 52 was that its villains were either so quirky (Manga Khan) or highly dangerous WHILE BEING IGNORED BY THE REST OF THE WORLD! (Max Lord). This guy is…some space villainy guy who has not a single unique aspect about him, has the same modus operandi of dozens of villains, and is fighting a team who has dealt with space threats so many times there's not even novelty to that.

Moderator Online
#15 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio
@stu said:

@BlackArmor:

galathanos..? .hmm...i like that.

#16 Posted by Man Without Fear (219 posts) - - Show Bio

There aren't many original ideas in comics so how come every time a new character is created, people have to try and seek out what older character they are like? Does it really matter at this point? Even the characters people claim are getting ripped off between companies have characteristics that can be referenced back to characters that are even older than them..so why all the scrutiny? I don't get it.

#17 Posted by StarKiller809 (1237 posts) - - Show Bio

By looks, he is a total rip-off of Galactus. 

However, I think people might be judging to quickly because maybe he is totally different. He probably doesn't have the power or is in the same league of Galactus. He might be totally different in personality too. So before we say that he is a rip-off, let's just give it a few more issues and we'll see if he really is a rip-off

#18 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like a Galactus rip-off to me =P

#19 Posted by 218Comics (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, GalaThanos isn't a rip off... who would think that?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.