Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

New 52's Vertigo

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jeremy1989

Folks since the post flashpoint, there's so many things that I want to know.

For example,

New 52 is merging New Earth(DC Comics), Vertigo Universe, and Wildstorm Universe in one universe right?

So does that mean all the characters in the Vertigo Universe are in the New 52?

I asked this, because I see Swamp Thing and Animal Man in there, but no Sandman, no Preacher, no characters from Fable.

Plus, there stories/series Still published by Vertigo, when it's already merged in the new 52

Something is amiss. And somebody got some explaining to do

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A few characters jumped from Vertigo to New 52. Vertigo didn't merge with New 52.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no such thing as a "Vertigo Universe".

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I think the rest just doesn't exist for the moment, might pop up down the road though.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No characters from Preacher, Fables or any other creator-owned series are going to appear in the New 52. Sandman related characters are published in Vertigo books, though in principle they can appear in regular DC books but as of now they don't. Vertigo still publishes creator-owned books.

BB

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

There's no such thing as a "Vertigo Universe".

This.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertigo has always been sorta confusing. Former Vertigo books such as Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Deadman, Doom Patrol, Hellblazer, Madame Xanadu, and Sandman have always been set within the DC Universe. The only thing that actually changed was that DC no longer uses their own characters under the Vertigo banner, but that actually changed before the New 52 reboot. Most other Vertigo books take place in their own universes, as they do not cross over with the DCU, other Vertigo books' universes, or anything else other than their own self. You wouldn't think Y: The Last Man, DMZ, Fables, etc. all existed in the same universe because they don't. Other users above me have mentioned that many current Vertigo series are creator owned, I didn't know that for sure, but had been wondering if that was the case, because it does sort of remind me of Marvel's Icon line.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.