Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

New 52- what should I get?

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Deleted Post

AjO16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've been loving The Flash, great art, and i'm finding the stories really enjoyable, Exactly what i expected out of a Flash series.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've read some pretty good reviews about the Flash and the art looks amazing. I don't know much about his character or his villians, but the same thing went for aquaman and that turned out awesome. I think I'll buy the first issue from Comixology (since its only a dollar) and see what I think. Thanks for replying.

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By FlashDamn

@rulerofthisuniverse: nice list you just need flash and comic called Talon that not a lot of people know about but it is really great and it just hit issue#8 so catching up wont be hard and another one is the new batwing old batwing wasnt great but if you buy from issue 20 onward you are in for a ride so:1.flash 2.talon 3.Batwing(From issue 20)

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Batwoman is great. :)

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, I was thinking about getting Talon when I got to wave 3 so I guess I'll try it out. As for their being a new Batwing at issue 20, I was completely unaware of that and I think I'll try that out too.

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Another vote for Batwoman: while she's technically in the Bat-Family line, she's always off doing her own thing and a new arc started with issue 18 that promises to have Batman in a major role. The series changed artists but still has really good art.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very sorry I could not reply earlier, I was not aware of the 5 posts per day rule. Batwoman seems to have very, very good art and the reviews say the writing is supposed to be great so I think I'll check it out as well. Thank you.

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ChiSoxRox

@rulerofthisuniverse: You're welcome. If you start at the beginning of Batwoman's series with the trades, you'll want to start with Elegy, her pre-reboot Detective Comics arc. She wasn't changed in the reboot, and Elegy is heavily referenced in her first arc. (The five daily posts get annoying, but they'll stop with 25 posts.)

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the help. I'll check out Elegy also.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Swamp thing, animal man, detective comics. I highly recommend swamp thing.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 and up of Green Arrow. One of the best books written atm.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since the superman movie is coming, I did notice dc is putting better talents on the superman titles. Bec of the Arrow tv show, dc also put more effort in improving Green Arrow.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since the superman movie is coming, I did notice dc is putting better talents on the superman titles. Bec of the Arrow tv show, dc also put more effort in improving Green Arrow.

Which reminds me Superman unchained will be here soon and that has high expectations.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@al_capown: Thank you for posting. First, I was thinking about Swamp Thing and Animal Man, but I was wondering if I had to get both from the beginning in order for rot world to make sense. If I don't, I might just get Swamp Thing because I care about him more than Animal Man and I'm currently reading Alan Moore's Saga of Swamp Thing whenever I'm with my friend who owns it. So far I've been really liking The Saga and the new 52 version seems really cool. As far as Detective Comics go, I did read issue 1 to find out what happened to the Joker and really liked it, but I heard it went down from there. Is this true, or did they switch writers or something? Thanks again for posting.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikhunt: Thanks for posting. I've heard that Green Arrow gets good from 17, but are the events understandable without reading the previous runs? Also I think I'm gonna get Superman Unchained because Scott Snyder is my favorite writer and Jim Lee is one of my favorite artists.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tikhunt

@rulerofthisuniverse: It's funny that you should ask that actually because I refused to jump onto Green Arrow until they got a competent writer so I only started from #17 onwards and it's very easy to jump right into.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@al_capown: Thank you for posting. First, I was thinking about Swamp Thing and Animal Man, but I was wondering if I had to get both from the beginning in order for rot world to make sense. If I don't, I might just get Swamp Thing because I care about him more than Animal Man and I'm currently reading Alan Moore's Saga of Swamp Thing whenever I'm with my friend who owns it. So far I've been really liking The Saga and the new 52 version seems really cool. As far as Detective Comics go, I did read issue 1 to find out what happened to the Joker and really liked it, but I heard it went down from there. Is this true, or did they switch writers or something? Thanks again for posting.

Detective comics number 1 is awesome, the second one wasnt as good, I will read number 3 tonight, I just got the, i only have the first 10 at the moment. I love the art and dark tone. As for swamp thing, I'm only reading the new 52 stuff and it is awesome. Im currently on issue 6.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajo16: I want to thank you so much for the Flash post, I got issue 1 and really like it, I plan on making it one of my regular books.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks. Green Arrow is one of my favorite characters and I was disappointed when I started the New 52 and heard his book was bad. I'll pick it up when I get to month 17. Also thanks al_capOWN, I think I'll try out Swamp Thing, too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.