New 52 issue 0

#1 Posted by Mortacai (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know anything about whether this is true or not? I heard a rumor that it would be after issue 12, so I tweeted out earlier asking is Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo would be doing the issue 0. I got a PM reply from Snyder saying nice try - lol :). So with that response obviously its happening right? Wouldn't he be like I haven't heard of this issue 0 nonsense?

Thoughts? Fears? maybe they are fixing some continuity issues, maybe we are going back to the old DCU through some magic 0 time bubble?

#2 Posted by mavericksfan41 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

It is true. I went to Boston comic con last weekend and at the DC comics panel the moderator asked the panel about the 0 issue rumor and said that dc announced it when it was only a rumor at that point. The panel started to then talk about the 0 issues in each of their books. they made it seem like it was going to be origin issue/before issue one story wise

#3 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3455 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it sounds nice. I'm not against the idea at all.

#4 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally think it's dumb to take a step back and keep everyone waiting two months to continue the actual story... but that's just me

#5 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

I personally think it's dumb to take a step back and keep everyone waiting two months to continue the actual story... but that's just me

I thought it was dumb and I didn't even know they're stopping the story. That's beyond stupidity.

#6 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Clearly this is the dialog had at DC when it came under new management:

• When were modern comics at their peak?
  • The 90's!
  • Yeah, let's bring those back
  • Great idea!
#7 Posted by Mortacai (39 posts) - - Show Bio

I know the "owls" story for Batman will be ending with issue 12, so Batman wont be interrupted and wouldn't be surprised if all the stories will be finished by 12. I would be interested to know if every series is getting an issue 0, and whether that includes the second wave or the stories that have been canceled.

#8 Posted by JSH92 (414 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like not every series really needs an Issue 0. For some of the series the origin is already in issue 1, so it's all already there. For team-based stories (JL, JLI, and Suicide Squad come to mind at the moment), I wonder how they're going to it. Like, are they going to focus on one character or everyone in unrelated incidents?

#9 Posted by DeimosMasque (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

• The 90's!
  • Great idea!

That's definitely the impression I've been getting as well.

#10 Posted by aidanphantom (14 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

• The 90's!
  • Great idea!

You mean #0s only belong in the 90s?

So is AVX #0 inspired by the 90s as well?

#12 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@aidanphantom: Anyhows I think its a great idea, if these #0s are like a different title, say Katana that would lead into birds of prey.

Also usually these issue 0 are really great because they'll somehow tell an origin story that was being missed out.

Its also a good jumping on point for lotsa people.

#13 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm interested in the 0 issues. At least this is an opportunity to develop the 52U's history.

#14 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

What would they do for Superboy #0? Superboy was only just created in #1 so I wonder what they'll do.

Also It might be quite hard to do Ravagers #0.

#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait? So the entire purpose of Issue #0 is to be a jumping point? Is that not what the purpose of the New 52 was?

Are they merely delaying the current stories and then continuing with #13 the next month or what's happening?

#16 Posted by Saren (25217 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: The zero issues are all origin stories. The #13 issues will resume in October.

#17 Posted by TDK_1997 (14418 posts) - - Show Bio

It is a good idea.

#18 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Thank you for the clarification.

#19 Posted by SocialBat (33 posts) - - Show Bio

As a new comic reader, I really appreciate DC for trying to make comics accessible. It is very intimating to try to find a jumping on point and the new 52 and the #0 issues provide a good place to start. I started with the Batman Annual; I didn't know what an annual was and thought it was the first issue of Batman. Luckily, I've managed to educate myself a bit and am all caught up. I'd like to note that ComicVine as been instrumental in my education. But back to the point #0 issues are good I'm excited from them, and issue 13 of Batman!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.