Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

New 52 Crossovers

deep_sadistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I got into the New 52 recently (I know, I know. I'm late. I've been reading pre-new 52 stuff for a while now.) but this new universe has got me all confused. I did a bit of research though and it seems most of the universe is rebooted except Green Lantern which has retained some of the earlier stuff, I guess so. I'm a noob really in this and would be grateful if someone points out the right direction for me. Also, there seems to be over 100+ plus titles and it's impossible to follow everything. However, if I don't follow all the titles from the first, will it be a problem during the crossovers? A little help would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By 2cool4fun

Green Lantern & Batman are the only ones who still have their whole history.

There are only like a few events I can think of that require some back reading, everything else doesn't.

Ahem: If you wanna read Forever Evil, you should read Trinity War, and if you wanna read about the wrath of the first lantern, you should first read the 2nd GL Corps annual. All the other events don't require any previous issue reading.

Also if you wish to know about the current Lantern universe, but do not want to read all 4 ( plus Larfleeze & Sinestro ) the main GL book is good enough. ( Red Lanterns also becomes the best one during issue 21 :p )

Speaking of issue 21, that is a good place to start ALL 4 main lantern books if you don't want to back track.

Action comics should either be started at #1 or #25/26 Detective comics is also #1 or start from the new run that is #30

Superman should only be started from the Johns & JRJR run #32, Batman on the other hand can be #1 for all of it, #22 for backstory, or if you don't want or read the 10+ issues backstory start from #35

Wonder Woman is one of the best runs, but she is almost impossible to start in the middle of azz's run, so either start at #1 or #36

Green Arrow you should ignore everything before #17 and start there for one of the best runs ever, or if you don't want to bother, start at #35

Semi-Finally Aquaman has what I also consider one of DC's best runs, and what is probably his most acclaimed run so far, that starts at #1 but if you don't wanna read it all, the guy that picks up later on also does an amazing job and his runs starts at #26 but you can also just start at #35 if you so wish.

Also finally Flash's run from #1 to #25 after that it has some random stories & then the new run starts at #30 but I have on idea if the new run is good or bad.

There is far, farmore I could talk about, and DARK UNIVERSE books I would love to talk about since they are my favourite ones, but I just wanted to fill you up on the main stuff.

deep_sadistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@2cool4fun: Thank you so much. :) That clears up a lot. Will do so. One thing though. What about the whole Justice League business? Say, if I just follow the main Justice League line and when I reach Trinity War would I feel lost reading the parts of the crossover that falls under other titles? And I'd love if you would wanna talk about The Dark books if you've got time. I'm trying to gather as much information as I can. Thanks for the help. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.