name your FAIL..... 52 books and also your fave 52

#1 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

Before anyone calls me a hater or anything, i picked up every 52 book so far ,
while some were amazing ,action comics, detective comics, batman, batgirl, nightwing, batwing, swamp thing, animal man, superboy supergirl justice league, and a lot more
the stories are fresh and great
however though, some were great disappointments here are mine

captain atom, to be honest this book i was the most excited about as i always loved captain atom, but the writing turned out to be crappy boring bland and had awful art. and worse J.T Krul! 
green arrow
catwoman, seriously the writer needs to read several catwoman stories, i dont want a sexy sexy sex, that really puts me off in comics
resurrection man, the book was advertised and interviewed in like 10 52s and well.......
legion of superheroes , static shock, suicide squad, justice league international
but seriously all these books need time at least a six month stretch but i figured i just wanna know what other people think

#2 Posted by Saren (25694 posts) - - Show Bio

Suicide Squad and JLI were average. I liked Catwoman though it was a little over the top. Hopefully Judd Winick will die in a car accident or he'll tone it down a notch. Captain Atom's art was very touch and go, but I liked the issue nonetheless.

OMAC, Resurrection Man and Hawk & Dove were horrible. I'll read the #2's, and if they're bad I'm never reading them again.

The others were all good to great. I'm reserving judgement on Green Arrow and Birds Of Prey.

#3 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane: i thought birds of prey was pretty good, it kinda hooked me up
#4 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal Man, Stormwatch, and Red Lanterns have been my favorites so far with Captain Atom my least favorite.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33619 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is every one focusing on the bad instead of the good?

#6 Posted by Underwaterlad (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Detective Comics were both great.

There wasn't one #1 that I really didn't enjoy at all, though I was somewhat disappointed by Green Lantern. I was hoping to see a lot more of Sinestro, but there was so much Hal! And it seems clear that he's not going to be going too long without putting the ring back on. Still, that disappointment was down to my own silly expectations.

#7 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7708 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't read any yet but the artwork looks AMAZING, So even though this is a DC Reboot will they be continuing the past storylines before the Reboot like War of the GL, Batman Inc, Flashpoint, etc.

#8 Posted by JediXMan (30705 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't gotten an issue that I flat out disliked quite yet. Deathstroke, however, might be my favorite of the bunch.

#9 Posted by The Stegman (24635 posts) - - Show Bio

actually out of all the ones i'm reading (about 26 of them) the only one i didn't like was Mr.Terrific
#10 Edited by The_Tree (7519 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's my opinion, on the ones I've bothered to read so far.

Excellent: Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Batman, Batgirl, Batwing, Batwoman, Grifter, Green Lantern, Justice League.

Good: Action Comics, Batman & Robin, DC Universe Presents, Nightwing, Red Hood & the Outlaws, Stormwatch.

Okay: Green Arrow, Justice League International, Suicide Squad, Superboy, Men of War.

Bad: Detective Comics, Hawk & Dove, OMAC, Legion Lost, Deathstroke, Red Lanterns, Resurrection Man, Green Lantern Corps, Wonder Woman.

#11 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

I am most excited for BLUE BEETLE

havent picked it up yet though

#12 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite book so far is Batwoman. Gorgeous, I love just love Kate.

Batgirl, I enjoyed but I could not get over the question in the back of my mind, "Why, again did we make Barbara Gordon Batgirl, why couldn't she remain Oracle?" I'm grieving still from the loss of Oracle and Steph. This doesn't mean Batgirl #1 wasn't a good book, I absolutely believe it was wonderful, but that doesn't diminish the pain I feel because TOO MUCH CHANGED and I DON'T GET WHY.

Other books I liked so far; (Also, I am several days behind in getting my books delivered so I don't have them all yet.)

Suicide Squad - Harley's new look is one I like. This was a great read and it had one of my favorite lines of the new DC so far: "Hee... That's so cute. You think you're scary. But Mister I've seen scary. And you ain't got his smile."

Mr. Terrific I loved everything about it except the B!tch scene, so not realistic of any conversation of any women I know, if I over look that though this book was a good read. I love Science. They don't call me Science B!tch for nothing.

Death Stroke. Wow, this book was not what I expected. I hope they can repeat the performance without becoming predictable.

Demon Knights. I'm intrigued, excited to see where this is going.

Storm Watch. Really enjoyed it.

Animal Man. Pretty good, I'm looking forward to seeing where it is going.

Buffy Season Nine. Oh, I know it doesn't belong here but so what I loved it. :D

So, far I don't hate anything except that Oracle is no where to be found and probably won't be, ever???

I haven't received my Redhood & the Outlaws yet, from what I have read in review so far, this may be the one book that disappoints but until I get it in my hands I can't really judge it based on other peoples opinions. I am hoping I don't hate it. I have a high tolerance for what is acceptable when it comes to a sultry appearance, as long as they don't kill Starfires personality there is still a chance I will like this book.

I am also worried about where some of my favorite characters are... DC isn't stupid this is one of the reasons I am buying so many books I'd never normally be interested in, I'm looking for my faves and I don't want to miss them. Heck I am buying Superboy just for Ravager and if someone would tell me where Raven is going to be, I'll buy that stupid book too. And the Question, Renee dead? Really? This better be fixed SOON.

#13 Posted by MrMazz (1249 posts) - - Show Bio

Fav Suicide Squad,Batwoman,Catwoman,Red Hood, Green Lantern, Deathstroke, Superboy

Fails- Supergirl just wasn't a good first issue felt like half of a issue

#14 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

At this point a few of them are still rolling around in my head and I'm not sure quite where to put them... but my extremes are pretty darned solid. My ratings so far:

Brilliant: Swamp Thing, Batwoman, Batman, Action Comics, Batgirl, Justice League, Frankenstein, Demon Knights, Batman & Robin, Animal Man, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps

Great: Batwing, Supergirl, Stormwatch, Nightwing, Detective Comics, Catwoman, Mr. Terrific, Superboy

Good: OMAC, Men of War, Birds of Prey, Suicide Squad, Deathstroke, Red Hood & the Outlaws, Red Lanterns, Hawk & Dove

Okay: Static Shock, Green Arrow, Resurrection Man, Grifter, Blue Beetle, Justice League International, Captain Atom, DCU Presents

Enh: Legion of Super-Heroes, Legion Lost

Some of those are still floating in limbo... the legions were a surprising downer for me, because I really would love for there to even be a third legion book, but they both missed the mark for me the first month. I still have high hopes for both. I'm a huge fan of both Nicieza and Woods, I'm hopeful that 4 issues down the line my view of this particular issue will improve, due to revelation of further information. Similarly I think LOSH can pull it together easily, I just hoped for some out of the gates firepower.

#15 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Only ones i dislike are: O.M.A.C, Green Arrow, Stormwatch, Batgirl

The ones I liked (alot): Action, Static Shock, Detective, JL, Ressurection Man, Deathstroke, Mr. Terrific, Frankenstein, GL Corps, Captian Atom, Batman

Meh: Suicide Squad, Batwoman, Batman and Robin

These are the only ones i've read so far

#16 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:

Excellent: Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Batman, Batgirl, Batwing, Batwoman, Grifter, Green Lantern.

Good: Action Comics, Batman & Robin, DC Universe Presents, Nightwing, Red Hood & the Outlaws, Stormwatch.

Okay: Green Arrow, Justice League International, Suicide Squad, Superboy, Men of War.

Bad: Detective Comics, Hawk & Dove, OMAC, Legion Lost, Deathstroke, Red Lanterns, Resurrection Man, Green Lantern Corps, Wonder Woman.

why man i felt it was really good, but the joker felt too serious lol
@JediXMan said:
I haven't gotten an issue that I flat out disliked quite yet. Deathstroke, however, might be my favorite of the bunch.

yeah i just got it today, def awesome i hope they could keep it up, but the blood looks really stupid and so is slade's anime sword
#17 Posted by HumanNumber (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

My Favorites were Batwing, Animal Man, Batman, Demon Knights, and Batwoman. I too was disappointed with Captain Atom, love the character and hope it gets better.

#18 Edited by entropy_aegis (15338 posts) - - Show Bio

Favourites:

Batman,Nightwing,Birds of Prey,Justice League,Action comics,Batwing,Deathstroke,Supergirl.

Okay:

Batgirl,Red Hood(this one could have been higher if not for Kory),Red Lanterns,Suicide Squad,Superboy.

Bad:

Green Lantern,(i'm just sick and tired of Johns on this book,all his stories do is tell us that Guardians are morons and how they'll screw up next).Batman and Robin,Green Arrow.

Crap:

Catwoman

#19 Posted by Saren (25694 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis: You mentioned Birds Of Prey twice, you must have really liked it :P
#20 Posted by entropy_aegis (15338 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@entropy_aegis: You mentioned Birds Of Prey twice, you must have really liked it :P

LOL,yeah i did like it a lot.

#21 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis:  i agree man (not that i dislike him or anything) john should leave the lanterns he has been writing the GL for god knows how long, and he made the incredibly lackluster, sinestro corps war-rip off(which he wrote) gl war which ended in a very anticlimatic way
the way i feel it that johns is running out of good ideas and doesnt know how to end his stories, he should let someone else do the lanterns .there are hundreds of qualified writers to replace him,, and focus on JL and aqua man .doesn't mean he is the chief doesn't mean he should cherry pick his favorite titles
#22 Posted by entropy_aegis (15338 posts) - - Show Bio

@higher_evolutionary said:

@entropy_aegis: i agree man (not that i dislike him or anything) john should leave the lanterns he has been writing the GL for god knows how long, and he made the incredibly lackluster, sinestro corps war-rip off(which he wrote) gl war which ended in a very anticlimatic way the way i feel it that johns is running out of good ideas and doesnt know how to end his stories, he should let someone else do the lanterns .there are hundreds of qualified writers to replace him,, and focus on JL and aqua man .doesn't mean he is the chief doesn't mean he should cherry pick his favorite titles

Yeah,he's become really predictable and the retcons are senseless.

#23 Edited by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read them all but so far these are the ones I didn't like very much

The Bad

• Batwoman
  • Action Comics
  • Nightwing- It wasn't terrible, it's just it could have been better
  • Hawk & Dove
  • OMAC
#24 Posted by The Poet (8337 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonAvenger: hmm...I thought Nightwing and Action were sort of decent, but to all their own...

#25 Posted by _jackbauer (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Amongst my favorites are:

• Green Lantern - love Sinestro, he will once again be the greatest Green Lantern of all time!
  • Justice League - first issue ended abruptly, however I'm digging the art and the slow-burn.
  • Animal Man - all I can say is "wow".
  • Demon Knights - more "wow".
  • Redhood - this book was high-octane and has potential. I wasn't bothered by the book's crudeness.
  • Batman - first issue was excellent.

Books which I have bought and have been cut from my pull list include:

• Red Lanterns - not a fan.
  • Superboy - surprisingly good for my tastes, alas, I don't want to read about teenagers.
  • Suicide Squad - the first issue was fairly decent, however my pull list is already at maximum capacity with other excellent books.
  • Deathstroke - while action-packed, I don't want to follow this book month to month.
  • Grifter - not a fan.
#26 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@_jackbauer: whose that guy in your avatar?
#27 Posted by nnotdead (78 posts) - - Show Bio

keep buying: Swamp Thing, Batman, Batwoman, Justice League, Green Lantern(though i was a little disappointed)

may pick up again:Stormwatch, Men of War, Superboy, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Wonder Woman, DC Presents

everything else i didn't read or didn't get into. i will agree that Captain Atom was the most disappointing so far.

next week i am looking forward to All Star Western, Aquaman, The Flash, New Guardians, Teen Titans.

#28 Posted by _jackbauer (157 posts) - - Show Bio

@higher_evolutionary: Walter Bishop from the tv-series Fringe.

#29 Posted by The_Tree (7519 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

Excellent: Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Batman, Batgirl, Batwing, Batwoman, Grifter, Green Lantern, Justice League.

I don't know why, I just couldn't get behind it.

#30 Edited by Pbott (210 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been a Marvel guy and have never picked up a DC book and I have never been a Batman guy but i have liked them all for the most part with the best being Batman and Batgirl. Resurrection Man was good, Animal man was also awesome and so was Swamp thing. One thing I cant get my mind around is all the Deathstroke love it is the definition of what a book for ten year olds is. It had no complex story elements and sure killing the kids at the end was cool but all it was was killings with no real reason to care about any of the characters.

#31 Posted by JediXMan (30705 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:

Excellent: Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Batman, Batgirl, Batwing, Batwoman, Grifter, Green Lantern.

@JediXMan said:
yeah i just got it today, def awesome i hope they could keep it up, but the blood looks really stupid and so is slade's anime sword
Detective Comics had Joker being "too serious?'

I know what I'm getting....
#32 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Why is every one focusing on the bad instead of the good?

Because we're comic book fans. Are you actually suggesting that we concentrate on the good that has come out of this Revamp? REALLY?

Are you sane?

Teehee.

#33 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33619 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Because we're comic book fans. Are you actually suggesting that we concentrate on the good that has come out of this Revamp? REALLY?

Are you sane?

Teehee.

Well that has been called in to question before 
#34 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Are you sane?

Teehee.

Well that has been called in to question before

Good to know. :P

#35 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Are you sane?

Teehee.

lol
#36 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

Top 3 :

1. Batman
  2. Action Comics
  3. Justice League
#37 Posted by JediXMan (30705 posts) - - Show Bio

I intend on getting Batman and/or Detective Comics, Teen Titans, and maybe New Guardians. I might also get Outsiders and Dark JLA, if they're good - Dark JLA really intrigues me.

#38 Posted by entropy_aegis (15338 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pbott said:

I have been a Marvel guy and have never picked up a DC book and I have never been a Batman guy but i have liked them all for the most part with the best being Batman and Batgirl. Resurrection Man was good, Animal man was also awesome and so was Swamp thing. One thing I cant get my mind around is all the Deathstroke love it is the definition of what a book for ten year olds is. It had no complex story elements and sure killing the kids at the end was cool but all it was was killings with no real reason to care about any of the characters.

Because Deathstroke is badass.

#39 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@Pbott said:

Because Deathstroke is badass.

I may have bad taste but I agree with your assessment. Deathstroke is a friggin boss, there's explosions and carnage present all throughout the issue.. and I love it. Needless to say I enjoyed Batman, and to a slightly lesser degree Nightwing. Batwing surpassed my expectations. JLI misses Judd Winick while Justice League was the tits. Haven't read any others yet.

#40 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Stormwatch also piqued my interest

#41 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman great but Johns Geoffcon needs to stay the hell away from Lantern books

#42 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Batwoman, Batgirl, Batman the most.

Hawk and Dove was terrible.. Absolutely terrible :(

#43 Posted by GamerGeek360 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read all of the titles but of the ones I have read, none of them have disappointed so far. However, I still need to read Catwoman, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Green Lantern Corps, and Batman: The Dark Knight before I'm caught up on my pull list and that list only consists of all the Bat titles (except Nightwing), Lanterns titles (except New Guardians), Suicide Squad, and Birds of Prey. Hopefully those won't disappoint either.

#44 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@GamerGeek360: if i were you i'd stay from catwoman and the dark knight very boring, but thats just me
#45 Posted by GamerGeek360 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

@higher_evolutionary: Yeah, I've decided all the titles I want I'm going to at least give a chance. I've heard not so great things though about those two.

#46 Posted by Mayo88m (246 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm enjoying my entire pull list right now. It consists of 17 titles from the new 52. My favorite among them though are as follows in order from greatest to least:

1. Birds of Prey; This comic rocks. I love Starling so far, she is a great new character, and I can't wait to see her develop more. One of my favorite scenes in the new 52 is where she runs the Airport buggy through the glass and Black Canary asks her if it's going to be a thing with her, and she's like, "What, I like breaking things!?" Ha!

2. Batman: Great story set up so far, can't wait to see what this mysterious order is.

3 Batwoman: Another good female-centric comic, and to top it off the art work is amazing.

4. Red Hood and the Outlaws: People aren't giving this a chance. Red Hood/Jason Todd is one of my favorite characters, and I can't wait for them to expand on it. Also, call me what you will, but Starfire is sexy as hell, and I don't care that they've made her a 'emotionless' nympho. I do think they have more planned for her than this though, and they just need to give Lobdell a chance to do it.

5 Justice League Dark: Zantanna... that's all I have to say.

#47 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

I too bought all 52 and will do so for at least the first six months. Pre-relaunch I was only reading the Batman related titles and the other team-based books.

I love the Dark and the Edge titles. Real risk taking by DC, but it is paying off with some great, diverse storytelling.

I only fail I see right now is Mister Terrific. Not sure why Wallace was given a book after his run on Titans.

#48 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Dumping Deathstroke.

If you are going to have a villain as a protagonist, then they have to have a greater evil they are fighting or have them possess some redeeming quality or do something different than write 20 pages of him killing other mercenaries.

Still reading 50 of the 52. Good job DC.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.