Mystery Woman in Flashpoint #5 and all DCnU #1 Issues

• 89 results
#1 Edited by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoilers!!!!!

i read about this on bleeding comics but it seems there is a mystery woman roaming the DCnU and she is stalking all our heroes.

So who do you think this woman is? She is obviously out of the natural Timeline. Im guessing it might end up being
#2 Posted by danhimself (22268 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF:  you probably should have included her appearance in Flashpoint #5

#3 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself
oh i thought i did. Thanks
#4 Posted by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. Interesting! 

Could she have something to do with Enchantress in JLA: Dark, maybe? 

#5 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (884 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't even catch that in the JL issue! I'm not sure who it is right now, but, she'll ne at the center of DC's next big event, I have n

#6 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio
@fenixREVOLUTION said:
I didn't even catch that in the JL issue! I'm not sure who it is right now, but, she'll ne at the center of DC's next big event, I have n
Doesn't have to be the next one. I'm guessing she'll be part in this universe's equivalent to Zero Hour.
#7 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm...THAT is weird...I have been watching Doctor Who, so I really expect its something other worldly....

#8 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (884 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp That's possible, luckily we'll only have to wait until next summer to find out.

@The Poet That would make my day.
#9 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio
@fenixREVOLUTION: Hopefully not. DC isn't Marvel.
#10 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (884 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: They may not be, but the past few summers have seen events, if you count Brightest Day we got two last year, so I'm sure something is in the works for summer 2012, though I hope you're right and they just let the new 52 stand on their own for a while.

#11 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio
@fenixREVOLUTION said:

@ReVamp: They may not be, but the past few summers have seen events, if you count Brightest Day we got two last year, so I'm sure something is in the works for summer 2012, though I hope you're right and they just let the new 52 stand on their own for a while.

Yeah Certainly possible and probable.
#12 Posted by Izaiah (5166 posts) - - Show Bio

Might be Kismet, but probably not.

#13 Edited by War Killer (19944 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do I get the feeling this woman will be DC's loophole to reverse all of the changes they've made once they decide to go back to the old DCU? I know they said they weren't going to go back, but it's not like DC or Marvel haven't lie to their fans before....

#14 Posted by daredevil21134 (10762 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
Why do I get the feeling this woman will be DC's loophole to reverse all of the changes they've made once they decide to go back to the old DCU? I know they said they weren't going to go back, but it's not like DC or Marvel hasn't lie to their fans before....
I think your right
#15 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking it's DC's version of Eternity. Not that they're just going to copy that idea from Marvel but in JLA/Avengers their multiverse was represented by a woman.

#17 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by zombietag (1488 posts) - - Show Bio

i love stuff like this! great way to make these comics even more fun. 

barrys mom isnt a bad guess, could be her.

#19 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is Raven?

#20 Edited by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

Swamp Thing and JLI here.

Is she in Detective Comics or Bat-wing? I didn't see her in Batgirl and that makes me thing Bat-books might be exempt because they haven't got a full reboot (although I'm starting to wish they had).

#21 Edited by MydLyfeCrysis (106 posts) - - Show Bio
@damswedon
She's definitely not in Batgirl, or I'm going crazy and cannot find her. But a big yes for her being in Detective Comics, and Batwing.
#22 Posted by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh wait she is in Batgirl.

Eh this seems like some kind of attempt by DC to prove that Flashpoint was a true ending to the DCU and that it is all still connected. You know instead of giving the DCU a send off that it deserved. Well at least now I can know that in the old DCU that Steph grows up becomes Knightwing and Nella becomes Batgirl.

#23 Posted by MydLyfeCrysis (106 posts) - - Show Bio
@damswedon: Whoa, she's in Batgirl? I swear, I looked and looked but couldn't spot her. I thought it would be weird that she appear in all the others, but not Batgirl. To save my sanity, please, tell me where she appears.
#24 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@MydLyfeCrysis: someone already posted a link to all the #1 appearances from this week on the first page

#25 Posted by Burnstar1230 (207 posts) - - Show Bio

For some, it's almost as if they try to make her stand out with her bright violet aura, while others, like Static or Justice League it could probably be  looked over without noticing.

#26 Posted by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

@MydLyfeCrysis: This is if you want to find it without spoilers. She is found when Babs goes to the hospital, don't follow the words.

#27 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

Deciding not to care until later date, maybe.

#29 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how DC is doing this. SO much fun, can't wait to see what it's all about, I hope she's an already established character instead of a brand new one

#30 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been an incredibly exciting little Waldo adventure as we walk through the new DC universe. Hopefully she'll be there for all #1s... but will take a little bit of a break after that. I can't wait to see some development happen with this character... and that right there is my one problem with this right now... having to call her 'that character' or 'flashpoint woman' or 'mystery woman'... c'mon, we need a good name for this girl, if only as a placeholder. She doesn't even have a character page, but by the end of the month she will've had 53 comic appearances. That just ain't right.

#32 Posted by jNerd (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, great thread! I didn't notice her creeping around behind the scenes!

#33 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio
@damswedon said:

Swamp Thing and JLI here.

Is she in Detective Comics or Bat-wing? I didn't see her in Batgirl and that makes me thing Bat-books might be exempt because they haven't got a full reboot (although I'm starting to wish they had).

Nah, it's in Batwing. In Hawk and Dove and Static Shock as well. It's always spotted on the second read for me.
#34 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

O_O I'm just worried her purpose is to be an a undo switch to the reboot if things don't go well sales wise and then we'd have another big crisis event(BUT not till the reboot hits two years) 

ASIDE from that She is catching my interest and im really curious who she is

#35 Posted by salmy (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Found her in detective comics too. She's in the crowd after the fake joker explodes.

#36 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fantasgasmic

Harbinger would be cool i think. Doesnt make alot of sense to me but anyways...

#37 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84462 posts) - - Show Bio
@jNerd said:

Wow, great thread!

Co-Signed
#38 Posted by _Cain_ (23603 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm wondering it's like where's waldo but with a twist of you don't know what waldo is going to do...

#39 Edited by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio
@shadowknight666 said:

i'm wondering it's like where's waldo but with a twist of you don't know what waldo is going to do...

based on this...I think its a female version of Waldo :P
#40 Posted by _Cain_ (23603 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Poet: lol with reality manipulation powers...
#41 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Really good thread, never caught any of these.

#42 Posted by JimmyOlsen1 (151 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
Why do I get the feeling this woman will be DC's loophole to reverse all of the changes they've made once they decide to go back to the old DCU? I know they said they weren't going to go back, but it's not like DC or Marvel haven't lie to their fans before....
That's exactly what I thought when I saw her!
#43 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

here if you want to talk about this lady (which it seems everyone does, post in THIS thread and stop making new ones...), it's been pinned to the DC board so it can easily be found

#44 Posted by Billy Batson (57738 posts) - - Show Bio

We need help...from these guys

BB

#45 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn... that Batgirl one was hidden well.

#46 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Waldo, I think you have competition.

#47 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#48 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

Oh... You probably get that feeling only because... Well... That woman WILL be DC's loophole to reverse all the changes they've made once they decide to go back to the old DCU.... LOL! So glad I could help you with that one...

#49 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Any updates on her appearances?

#50 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been trying to find her in the new issues this week that I've gotten, and I can confirm that she does appear in Grifter and Superboy. But again, its just a where's waldo appearance, no speaking or anything different...curiouser and curiouser lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.