Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Mortal Kombat vs. DC

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    mkdeadpool2 said:
    "that was not canon, it was just the movie, plus it was a good fight scene
    "
    I know it's not canon but he has trouble beating mortals all the time and he's just a ninja.
    mkdeadpool2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By mkdeadpool2

Because all ninjas are hellspawned demon spectres with control over fire and are chosen as a champion of the gods,and i like movies but i dont count them, or else ken would have been the one to beat sagat and guile would be french and shao kahn would be a wussy daddys boy. These arent the cases.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By fesak  Moderator

The powerlevels vary greatly in most fighting games.

Take Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for example. Going by actual power-level Shuma-Gorath would destroy everyone else in seconds.

mkdeadpool2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By mkdeadpool2

him and blackheart just play them and have fun,dont get uptight over how its happening, just let it happen

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    mkdeadpool2 said:
    "I beg to differ, though it may not have sold as well as SF(mainly because its mostly just popular on the west side of the world, while sf is everywhere) the fact that their was so much controversy helped to influence peopl to buy it, so a lot of the media hype on the violence has translated to success. In fact japan is one of the major sf fanbases,yet why dont they like mk(rhetorical) it may be because their desensitized to violence even compared to the west(some of those animes are really violent and even feature nudity which is then edited in the west to be friendlier) So Japan doesnt need violence in their games.The west is hungry for violence though, and in these areas mk does well. Now mk is one of the tamer games in the violence spectrum,and the thing that keeps people playing over here is they liked the games after playing it. I personally play mk because i enjoy it (sf to), but some people did and probably still play it for the violence, which the news reports get across. Wow i typed more than i wanted to,owell
    "
    Japan doesn't play MK because it sucks.It has nothing to do with he violenece.Japan isn't a country that is big on morals when it comes.They have a movie called Suicide Club and they have the highest rate on suicide rate in the continent.Have you even played Samurai Showdown? There is basically fatalities in that game..there is blood and you can chop people in half and so on and so forth..Guess what,they took all the blood and gore out for the American version..Imagine that!

fesak
    said:
    "The powerlevels vary greatly in most fighting games.

Take Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for example. Going by actual power-level Shuma-Gorath would destroy everyone else in seconds.
    "
    This is very true..however..Capcom exaggerated their characters specials and attacks so that it would appear that they could compete with Marvel.If you play the game you will notice that Capcom's characters really still can't compete.Cable is banned from national fighting game tournaments because someone who is actually good with him is impossible to beat.Shuma Gorath has a special that will instantly kill you if he uses it only twice..so I would say MVC2 is more accurate.
    mkdeadpool2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By mkdeadpool2

The japan theory was just a ponderance,wasnt to sure of it myself. The point was over here the controversy has actually generated success, I played mvc the first one, didnt like it, all the special moves were to simplistic to execute and there was something that bugged me much more than that, just cant put my finger on it, dont know about the sequel. I do own capcoms marvel super heroes and loooved that game, wierd huh?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    mkdeadpool2 said:
    "The japan theory was just a ponderance,wasnt to sure of it myself. The point was over here the controversy has actually generated success, I played mvc the first one, didnt like it, all the special moves were to simplistic to execute and there was something that bugged me much more than that, just cant put my finger on it, dont know about the sequel. I do own capcoms marvel super heroes and loooved that game, wierd huh?
    "
    You want to know how successful MK is..MK is so successful that it couldn't save Midway's arcade division and they had to close it down.Mk is so successful that it couldn't save Midway from filing for bankruptcy.MK is so successful that a fighting game that was just introduced on the N64 and continued on the GC and Wii has already almost gained as much success and revenue.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is the highest grossing video game crossover of all time.It's sold in stores for 80-85$ which is more than it was when it first came out.And it's sold for even more on the internet because of how rare and hard to find it is.If you didn't like MVC fine.Doesn't mean it's not a better game and it not far more successful.Capcom set a trend with these games.Before then..nobody was doing anything with Marvel..now Capcom can even get the rights free so they can make MVC3.
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    mkdeadpool2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By mkdeadpool2

didnt say that mvc was less succesful, just giving my personal taste is all,and it was the first one, the second one could have been better, i did like the marvel super heroes game though, so its not like i hate the series, i just didnt like that one installment.Midway isnt in the dump because of mk. As you said it it didnt save midway, it was going to begin with, one game series is not gonna save a company(at least a fighting game, their my favourite genre, but i they just dont sell as well as the other genres in this part of the world) The thing is mk is succesfull(you have to be farely successfull to have a 2 movies(though the 2nd sucked) a comic series(i know sf has one to) a cartoon show and a well liked live action show that was only canncelled because it cost a lot to make(which bugged me as they ended the first season with a cliffhanger in which everyone seemed to have died, which i know isnt true) I know sf is more successful, and i love that to(i generally like all capcom fighting games)but why do you feel the need to persistantly bash mk, you dont like it i know, but others do and are excited about the upcoming game. Let them have their own(in probably your opinion delusional)opinion that they like the game. Say you dont like it ,move on. I hope i dont sound angry that isnt my intention, i just think you can say you dont like something, without going overboard

Ps: CvS 2 was awesome

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By zero edge
    fesak said:
    "They're making Tatsunoko vs. Capcom instead.
    http://www.capcom.co.jp/tatsucap/

It would be awesome if i had any interest in the Tatsunoko characters.
    "

Tatsunoko characters are great D;

I wanna play it... but it sounds like it's only for arcades for now... and only in Japan
    mkdeadpool2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By mkdeadpool2

i miss arcades

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    fesak said:
    "They're making Tatsunoko vs. Capcom instead.
    http://www.capcom.co.jp/tatsucap/

It would be awesome if i had any interest in the Tatsunoko characters.
    "
    I know..I made a thead about it..months ago.

mkdeadpool2 said:
    "didnt say that mvc was less succesful, just giving my personal taste is all,and it was the first one, the second one could have been better, i did like the marvel super heroes game though, so its not like i hate the series, i just didnt like that one installment.Midway isnt in the dump because of mk. As you said it it didnt save midway, it was going to begin with, one game series is not gonna save a company(at least a fighting game, their my favourite genre, but i they just dont sell as well as the other genres in this part of the world) The thing is mk is succesfull(you have to be farely successfull to have a 2 movies(though the 2nd sucked) a comic series(i know sf has one to) a cartoon show and a well liked live action show that was only canncelled because it cost a lot to make(which bugged me as they ended the first season with a cliffhanger in which everyone seemed to have died, which i know isnt true) I know sf is more successful, and i love that to(i generally like all capcom fighting games)but why do you feel the need to persistantly bash mk, you dont like it i know, but others do and are excited about the upcoming game. Let them have their own(in probably your opinion delusional)opinion that they like the game. Say you dont like it ,move on. I hope i dont sound angry that isnt my intention, i just think you can say you dont like something, without going overboard

Ps: CvS 2 was awesome
    "
    One game series is not going to save a company? Did you really just say that?

Think about this.If Nintendo,lost Metroid,Zelda,DK,Kirby,Poke'mon,Star Fox,Pikimin,& Wave Race and only had Mario to live off of.They will still gain more revenue than Midway.The Mario Franchise alone is worth more than Midway.

Mario Franchise-200 million dollars
    Midway Games-150 million dollars

MK WAS successful...I'll give you that,but now it's just sad.I don't feel the need to bash MK,I feel the need to explain why I feel this game isn't worth anyone's time.The majority of games aren't buying MK..it's just that simple.I gave the numbers.Your obviously a fan and I can't blame you,it's your opinion.But this is a lame gimmick and I am only defending my stance on it.I honestly wish that Midway would either try something completely new with MK,rebuild it from scratch or just give up.
    mkdeadpool2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By mkdeadpool2

Finally,i knew reasoning would finally get my point that mk is successfull across(which is what our conversation started with) your stance on what your sayng is also more reasonable in your last post. I am a fan of all fighting games in general, found very few i absolutley hate(i didnt like mvc but that didnt mean it was bad)Though i do amit that i care more about the characteers through story than other games, were i just care if the people im good with come back. In theory the gimmick is just as lame as mvc, but that game has a lot of fans, and this might turn out just as well. On your last comment you said the should try something new. Have you seen the new gameplay , it has changed. Merging with dc is trying something new, and in the mainstream mk after this game is made(there using an alternate universe as an explanation) they will generally start with mostly completly new characters, so they are working towards the future you hope they have. Plus they wont end it untill midway is completly done, as you said this is all that is keeping them going. And even if that does happen, developers will probably see money and try to buy the rights to mk, so it may be here for a while. This has been an interesting conversation

edit also in my statement on the one game saving company thing, i stated that i was mostly talking about fighting games which dont do as well, i now games like  mario do really well

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By zero edge

E3 trailer

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    mkdeadpool2 said:
    "Finally,i knew reasoning would finally get my point that mk is successfull across(which is what our conversation started with) your stance on what your sayng is also more reasonable in your last post. I am a fan of all fighting games in general, found very few i absolutley hate(i didnt like mvc but that didnt mean it was bad)Though i do amit that i care more about the characteers through story than other games, were i just care if the people im good with come back. In theory the gimmick is just as lame as mvc, but that game has a lot of fans, and this might turn out just as well. On your last comment you said the should try something new. Have you seen the new gameplay , it has changed. Merging with dc is trying something new, and in the mainstream mk after this game is made(there using an alternate universe as an explanation) they will generally start with mostly completly new characters, so they are working towards the future you hope they have. Plus they wont end it untill midway is completly done, as you said this is all that is keeping them going. And even if that does happen, developers will probably see money and try to buy the rights to mk, so it may be here for a while. This has been an interesting conversation

edit also in my statement on the one game saving company thing, i stated that i was mostly talking about fighting games which dont do as well, i now games like  mario do really well
    "
    See..I was agreeing with everything you said until you said...MVC is just as lame of a gimmick as MK vs. DC.No the hell it's not,they started the whol vs. trend and it wasn't a gimmick it was a good idea.They jumpstarted the whole Marvel gaming franchise.To save myself from dissecting the rest of this I will just say that there is a fighting game that saved a company...it's called Guilty Gear.

zero edge said:
    "E3 trailer

"
    The run through the wall thing was kick ass.It still looks a little slow though like most MK games.I like Sonya vs. Catwoman though,that's a match-up that actually works.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By WARLOCK2792

When are they gonna add Kitana already?!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    White Mage said:
    "When are they gonna add Kitana already?!"
    What if she not in it? LOL..
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    Vance Astro said:
    "White Mage said:
    What if she not in it? LOL.."

If they don't add Kitana, I'm gonna be pissed.  Everyone who doesn't make this game is possibly DEAD!  Kitana is one of the best female characters in there and so far Midway only has 1 MK woman...
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    White Mage said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "White Mage said:

If they don't add Kitana, I'm gonna be pissed.  Everyone who doesn't make this game is possibly DEAD!  Kitana is one of the best female characters in there and so far Midway only has 1 MK woman..."
    I'm sure Kitana will be in it.Maybe in the next trailer she will be fighting Zatanna or Wonder Woman.Either match-up would be ludicrous,but hey everyone seems not to care about how ridiculous this concept is.But anyway i'm sure she will be in it because..I think people would be a little mad if they only had one female character and none of their other female characters are all that great or they are rip-offs of Kitana.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    Vance Astro said:
    "White Mage said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "White Mage said:

If they don't add Kitana, I'm gonna be pissed.  Everyone who doesn't make this game is possibly DEAD!  Kitana is one of the best female characters in there and so far Midway only has 1 MK woman..."
    I'm sure Kitana will be in it.Maybe in the next trailer she will be fighting Zatanna or Wonder Woman.Either match-up would be ludicrous,but hey everyone seems not to care about how ridiculous this concept is.But anyway i'm sure she will be in it because..I think people would be a little mad if they only had one female character and none of their other female characters are all that great or they are rip-offs of Kitana."

Mileena is the one that makes me concernced.  With her nipple poster, and the fact that she wore one of THE most revealing outfits of any game, it wouldn't surprise me if she stole one of those spots.  But, again, the main problem I have, is that anyone who doesn't make this roster is possibly dead.  They already announced that they are only taking a few or "handful" of their characters to next gen so that they can start with a clean slate.  Personally, I think they could make Kitana look AMAZING.  So, hopefully Catwoman's zipped down leather, and Sonya's very exposed nipples will help to calm down the "SEX" part of the game so that Kitana stands an equal chance.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121  Edited By pixelized

you want mileena in it mage?

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By zero edge

From what I've seen so far... this game is looking better then I expected

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    pixelized said:
    "you want mileena in it mage?"

Kitana and Mileena are my favorites.  The fans, the sais, their just excellent.  But if I HAD to choose, I would want Kitana.  I want Mileena in there too though.  Just confirm Kitana first. 
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I want to see Jade.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By pixelized
    White Mage said:
    "pixelized said:

Kitana and Mileena are my favorites.  The fans, the sais, their just excellent.  But if I HAD to choose, I would want Kitana.  I want Mileena in there too though.  Just confirm Kitana first.  "
    gross....when they revealed mileena's mouth i disliked her
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    pixelized said:
    "White Mage said:
    "pixelized said:

Kitana and Mileena are my favorites.  The fans, the sais, their just excellent.  But if I HAD to choose, I would want Kitana.  I want Mileena in there too though.  Just confirm Kitana first.  "
    gross....when they revealed mileena's mouth i disliked her"
    Well that's not her real mouth..it's a curse.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    Vance Astro said:
    "I want to see Jade."

You may want to pray...I love all three of Shao Kahn's assassins, but  ALL of them at once?  Girl has serious competition...
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By pixelized
    Vance Astro said:
    "Well that's not her real mouth..it's a curse."
    <---------------scarred for life

I liked jade though....she was pretty
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:

"

Her Shaolin Monks costume was lovely.

Vance Astro said:
    "pixelized said:
    "White Mage said:
    "pixelized said:

Well that's not her real mouth..it's a curse."
    Curse?  I coulda sworn Shang Tsung did that ish on purpose. 
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:

"
    She was also black but asian in the movie F#CK YOU MIDWAY!
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By pixelized

Mhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

and she fought with a stick...she got cheated
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    Vance Astro said:
    "pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:

"
    She was also black but asian in the movie F#CK YOU MIDWAY!"

Amen. 
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    pixelized said:
    "Mhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

and she fought with a stick...she got cheated
    "
    They killed her in the movie too because she was a traitor.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By pixelized

the movie was garbage anyway....Kitana wasn't pretty at all

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    pixelized said:
    "the movie was garbage anyway....Kitana wasn't pretty at all"
    c'mon now.YOU KNOW I HAVE ANGER PROBLEMS.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By pixelized

you liked her?

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    pixelized said:

How about the series?  The stunt doubles were HORENDOUS (although I still LOVED Vorpax) and Kitana was a WHITE WOMAN!!
    Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Resonate
    fesak said:
    "

Yeah, it is a bit stupid, but Marvel vs Capcom worked out fine as a game if you disregard the powerlevels of the characters. Shuma-Gorath would kill all others in MvC2 with a thought.

"
    no way

Mega Man would totally blow him away with a plasma shot +O+
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    White Mage said:
    "pixelized said:
    "Vance Astro said:

"

Her Shaolin Monks costume was lovely.

Vance Astro said:
    "pixelized said:
    "White Mage said:
    "pixelized said:

Well that's not her real mouth..it's a curse."
    Curse?  I coulda sworn Shang Tsung did that ish on purpose. 
    "
    Her mouth looked like that originally as a defect of Shang Tsung's creation of her because he used Tartakan DNA..Baraka is a Taratakan so that's why they have the same mouth.Khan later cured the mouth thing because she was loyal to him,but she tried to betray him when she found out the truth..that she wasn't Kitana's twin sister.So he he gave her the Tartakan mouth back and only agrees to cure it when she proves her loyalty again.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By pixelized
    White Mage said:
    "pixelized said:

How about the series?  The stunt doubles were HORENDOUS (although I still LOVED Vorpax) and Kitana was a WHITE WOMAN!!"
    annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd you lost me
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Ok, I knew about the tarkatan human blending (tarkatan strength brutality etc.) but the rest is pretty new to me.  I didn't know he made her beautiful then took it away. 

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By pixelized

Lol..nor did i...how mean

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    pixelized said:
    "Lol..nor did i...how mean"
    Shang Tsung does mean things to all of his minions except for Kitana because she's his adopter Princess.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    pixelized said:
    "White Mage said:
    "pixelized said:

How about the series?  The stunt doubles were HORENDOUS (although I still LOVED Vorpax) and Kitana was a WHITE WOMAN!!"
    annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd you lost me"
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ve-U2CooGCo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ve-U2CooGCo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By pixelized

Html  box next to the insert picture thing mage

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    Vance Astro said:
    "pixelized said:
    Shang Tsung does mean things to all of his minions except for Kitana because she's his adopter Princess."

Shao Kahn is Kitana's step father
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    White Mage said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "pixelized said:
    Shang Tsung does mean things to all of his minions except for Kitana because she's his adopter Princess."

Shao Kahn is Kitana's step father"
    For him to be that..he would half to be married to her mother.I don't remeber her having a mother but I know he took her in when her real father was killed.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    Vance Astro said:
    "White Mage said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "pixelized said:

Shao Kahn is Kitana's step father"
    For him to be that..he would half to be married to her mother.I don't remeber her having a mother but I know he took her in when her real father was killed."
    Yeah, because HE KILLED HIM! LOL Anywho, Sindel committed suicide when Jerrod died and she would have to marry Kahn.  Kahn then took in Kitana and raised her for 10,000 years (Lucky b!tches). 
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By pixelized

sindel...wasn't that the witch?

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    pixelized said:
    "sindel...wasn't that the witch?"

The goth woman who dressed in purple and had banshee powers. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.