More Details on 'Injustice: Gods Among Us'

• 77 results
Posted by G-Man (29415 posts) - - Show Bio

We're still sitting around waiting for any tidbit on 'Injustice: Gods Among Us.' DC Comics characters fighting each other might not make sense but does it really matter? The game looks pretty good and who doesn't want to play as these characters and fight others?

There still isn't a release date beyond simply 2013 revealed. Check out this latest video SuperHeroHype came across from Gametrailers.com. Ed Boon talks about the game and we get to see more gameplay.

Since we haven't seen the full roster yet, who are you hoping will be announced next?

Staff
#1 Posted by Ulfghuld (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman! heh, just kidding. I would love to see a green lantern!

#2 Posted by PortlandsBatman (208 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Jason Todd is in this.

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Marian Manhunter, Booster Gold, and Aquaman please! :D

#4 Posted by BurnSide (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@PortlandsBatman said:

I hope Jason Todd is in this.

Yes, red hood would make quite the addition!

#5 Posted by mint_kjell_olav (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke would be cool, and Doomsday could be a boss character maybe? The entire Justice League(new 52) should be a given.

#6 Posted by breego (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Power Girl, Sinestro, Aquaman and Starfire.

#7 Posted by NightFang (9644 posts) - - Show Bio

Marian Manhunter, Aquaman, Green lantern, Joker, Bane, Hawkman or Hawkwoman.

#8 Posted by wowylied (237 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope they will not abuse with dlc and that we will not have a boring game with every thing unlocked when you buy the game.

It was much better soem decade ago when we had fighting with tons of characters, tons of stage, costums, ending to unlock by playing the arcade, story mod.

#9 Edited by batman_begins (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup. About time Aquaman got into the fighting genre, guy's literally a human fighting machine nowadays, esp. with that trident of his. Hawkman is a brawler that is great for a fighting game as well as Lobo, Deathstroke, Bane, Guy Gardner GL or Kilowog GL, Mongul, Azrael, Black Canary, and Animal Man!

Forgot to add Geo-Force, Power Girl, Ares, Prometheus, and Firestorm.

#10 Posted by LifePool (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke would be great, and if they're gonna do characters as irrelevent as Solomon Grundy, I would love to see Deadshot.

#11 Posted by Bluefox170 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

Hoping Deathstroke will come back.

#12 Posted by davidearlhutchinson (47 posts) - - Show Bio

F*ck Deathstroke, F*ck Deadshot Screw Robin! I want Jason Todd (The Red Hood) in this bitch!!!!

#13 Posted by Vixen (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Donna or Barda would be fun to see in this. Although they would be incredibly unlikely to appear.

#14 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Wonder Woman say Athenadite (a combination of Athena and Aphrodite)? Or was that just me.....? I would quite like to see Supergirl or Powergirl, perhaps one being an alternate costume to the other. Like a faster version of Superman, but less 'powerful'. Martian Manhunter would be awesome as well. Oh and Cheetah.

#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedQueen said:

Did Wonder Woman say Athenadite (a combination of Athena and Aphrodite)? Or was that just me.....?

I'm pretty sure she said "Athena, Guide me".

#16 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

That makes more sense....

#17 Posted by Unkillable_Deadpool1 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

GL Hal Jordan would be awsome and make Sinestro (before new 52 version as a yellow lantern) as an enemy for Hal.and Zoom would be good too for an enemy of the Flash

#18 Posted by k3vbomb (10 posts) - - Show Bio

nightwing looks like the win in that preview!

#19 Posted by k4tzm4n (35208 posts) - - Show Bio

Really pleased to hear there's going to be a big emphasis on the single player. They did an excellent job with MK9's story mode, challenge tower and unlockables.

As for the next roster announcement: Deathstroke! I can't imagine a DC fighting game without Slade.

Staff
#20 Posted by JamDamage (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

Harley Quin seems like a waist of place for using a good character. Did anyone really ask for her? I doubt it.

#21 Edited by UrbanChill (203 posts) - - Show Bio

tim drake jason todd all i ask for screw the rest

taking turns beating the crap out of nightwing with those two will be win

#22 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for the entire roster to be revealed. Some who I desperately want are Black Lightning, Swamp Thing, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, Shazam, and Zatanna

#23 Posted by Outside_85 (7097 posts) - - Show Bio

I am hoping for a few characters that dont just pound their opponents into the ground, Zatanna, Raven, Dr, Fate and the like would be nice...Etrigan too.

#24 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

midnighter...

#25 Posted by captkangaroo727 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

i would love to see starfire, beast boy, raven, wonder girl, or terra. some teen titan characters would be so awesome to play as.

#26 Posted by Birthright (142 posts) - - Show Bio

This game could open the dooor for more DC fighting games in the future

#27 Posted by TheHeat (441 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be a good game, but honestly, I would have preferred a MK sequel.

#28 Posted by CitizenJP (570 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang it looks so amazing! I've been waiting for a good fighting game to sink into (mostly cuz I'm bad at all the other ones lol), but I'm definitely gonna start training for this one heh. :P

#29 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really want more Superman related characters in it like Supergirl because that would be kinda pointless since we've already GOT Superman, but I'd like to see Power Girl if only so she can make her first playable game debut, Superboy(New 52 version), and just for fun Bizarro

#30 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

Very happy to hear that they're gonna effort into single player like they did with Mortal Kombat!

#31 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11726 posts) - - Show Bio

Need Hal, j'onn, Arthur, Ollie, Tim, Jack, Slade and more

#32 Posted by DedrabbiT (499 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many Batman characters. You got Batman, Harley, Nightwing and cat woman.... just so far.

#33 Posted by Grey56 (682 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamDamage: I think you meant 'waste'. And yes, my wife was extremely pleased over her inclusion. Dunno if you know this or not - but part of demographic marketing is ensuring that something other than 12 year old white males will play this and enable more robust success on each gaming platform.

#34 Edited by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

Needs: Hal Jordan, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Deathstroke, Zatanna, Captain Marvel (or Shazam I guess), Hawkman, Lex Luthor, Firestorm, and Cheetah.

Want: Midnighter, Dr. Fate, Red Tornado, a Mr. Majestic skin for Superman, Captain Atom, Mirror Master, among others.

#35 Posted by blueninjapanther (664 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman and Green Arrow

#36 Posted by Ms. Omega (4194 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel & Static please.

#37 Posted by MrArrogant (149 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope there are more than just Batman characters in the game, I know he's the most popular but I'd love to see characters from all across the DCU, aqauaman, green lantern, sinestro and atrocitus please :)

#38 Posted by ZephyrX26 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

NOW THIS LOOKS FREAKING AWESOME!!!

#39 Posted by Cavemold (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

GA should be a lock since he has show and all.

#40 Posted by Mistah_B (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone that has been announced has been somebody I wanted in the game, I need Power Girl , Bane , Joker and Atrocitus and I'll be just peachy

#41 Posted by Red Rum (357 posts) - - Show Bio

Three ideas:

1.) Enough with the Batman characters, already! I know he's (arguably) the most popular DC hero, but stuffing the roster with him and his allies/enemies means no room for other characters, and no one will have a chance to learn about, say, Green Lantern, and become interested in his mythos again.

2.) More Magic characters on roster. Considering what's going on with science/tech heroes in recent movies (Dark Knight Trilogy, Man of Steel, Green Lantern) and TV (Arrow, the possible Blue Beetle show), I think Injustice can take this opportunity to make DC's magic-based characters more prevalent in the current fandom (Jonah Hex doesn't count). Wonder Woman and Grundy aside, we could have Zatanna unleash different effects (like slowing, health theft, or summoning) with her spell casting, or (what I REALLY want) have Raven unleash the visage of her demonic father Trigon upon her unsuspecting foes! Hell, let's see how The Spectre, God's Right Hand of Vengeance, would work as a boss character!

3.) How about a joke character? Like, an obscure DC character who isn't canon to the game's story mode, and is unlocked under certain conditions? Plastic Man is the first that comes to mind, but what about Ambush Bug or Creeper? Perhaps a purposefully-weak character that could be Injustice's version of Dan Hibiki?

#42 Posted by riiiiiiiight (98 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamDamage said:

Harley Quin seems like a waist of place for using a good character. Did anyone really ask for her? I doubt it.

this.

#43 Posted by riiiiiiiight (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke, shazam and hawkman. Too many batman characters it looks like.

#44 Posted by Booster_Bronze (204 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad no one's complaining about "Oh Superman would just pound Harley Quinn into jelly in a minute." Ignore the power level arguments and just take this game for what it's trying to be: a fun fighting game using our favorite DC characters.

Also: Swamp Thing please.

#45 Posted by CanucksXVX (53 posts) - - Show Bio

hawkman, green lantern (hal jordan), aquaman, Beast boy would be sick, green arrow, martian manhunter, firestorm,swamp thing and animal man. but i would also like to see some skins for all the characters, like we could see a alan scott green lantern skin, a classic jsa hawkman, not all new 52 costumes, bring back some oldies. but deffinetly beast boy, he would be such a complex character it would be awesome

#46 Posted by Fetts (4082 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to have Deathstroke in this game. I think he'd be a pretty unique character to play as and is also my personal DC fave. So they better have him. Or else I'll have to go all Terminator on WB Games :)

Bizzaro might be fun too. Darkseid would be WICKED FUN to play as. Green Lantern and/or Sinestro would be pretty fun too.

#47 Posted by Master_Thief (597 posts) - - Show Bio

DOOMSDAY HASSSSSS TO BE IN IT

#48 Posted by B_Heart (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Would be cool if we had more batman characters in the roster. Would to fight as Killer Croc or The clock king

#49 Posted by ChernobylCow (90 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Batman is in this game.

#50 Posted by canis (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually happy my Harley made it in.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.