Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Mia Dearden HIV & Lazarus Pitt

redviiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By redviiper

I understand the comic is meant to show an HIV positive super hero, but it seems to me since she is a close associate to the Green Arrow, who is familiar with Ra's Al Ghul why doesnt she seek out a Lazarus Pitt and get cured?

Also it's interesting that she is a physical super hero (her super powers and skills are directly related to her strength and speed) and yet she has HIV which results in reduced strength and physical recovery from wounds. It would make more sense to me having an HIV character who's super hero abilities are non physical related such as the Green Lantern or Professor X from Marvel. Professor X being the better example as he is disabled but has mental telekinesis powers which do not conflict with his disabilities.

barryallen23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

she doesnt seek out the lazarus pit because it caused the person who bathes in it to go crazy thats why ra's al ghul is looking for different ways.and i do agree with you about the fact that a hiv positive character shouldnt rely on her physicality

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.