Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Ménage à trois in comics?

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darkman61288

Do you think a serious ménage à trois can work as a relationship in DC or in Marvel? One with main or big characters like Lois-Superman-Wonder Woman or Batman-Catwoman-Zatanna? I always wanted to see one done. Not as a short romance but lasting. What do you think?

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“Meh” of epic proportion.

Granted I don’t know much about Batman, Selina or Zatanna, but I really sure that Clark prefers sexual monogamy in his relationship (Lois and Diana as well).

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@darkman61288: Probably wont work but Bruce Wayne in 6 books has 8 serious relantionships plus some one night stad on New 52.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Polygamy isn't socially accepted so I don't think so. Also if it's two females and a male it might be seen as an objectivization of women and would attract bad press. I just don't see it.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By youknowwhattodo

I don't think that DC has the balls to do that. If they have two girls and a guy, then people would view it is objectification of female characters, if it were two guys and a girl, people would view the female character as a slut. The closest I've seen to it was Dick Grayson/Barbara Gordon/Starfire and it was cringe-worthy.

I'm sure though that there would be a way to write open relationships well but it's like walking through a minefield so it's best left for fan-fiction.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By JakeN7

Just say threeway or threesome. We aren't all French.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RustyRoy

Zatanna/Bruce/Canary could work.

This one will definitely happen one day, we'll be all dead by then possibly
    This one will definitely happen one day, we'll be all dead by then possibly

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you think a serious ménage à trois can work as a relationship in DC or in Marvel? One with main or big characters like Lois-Superman-Wonder Woman or Batman-Catwoman-Zatanna? I always wanted to see one done. Not as a short romance but lasting. What do you think?

It''s already been done in Secret Six.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.