Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Map of DC America?

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
    Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I just got curious as to a few things about DC earth.

How big are Metropolis and Gotham and the Gem cities?

How far apart are the Gotham, Metropolis and the Gem Cities?

What states are they apart of?

Has DC ever made a map of their America?

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

I don't think DC has ever made a map of their America though I do think I remember seeing a fan made map somewhere here on Comic Vine.

I believe Gotham City is in New Jersey and I believe it has been established that Metropolis is in New York since one of the early issues of Superman. However I also remember it being said that Metropolis was in driving distance to Smallville so Metropolis could've been relocated to Kansas. The Gem Cities are based on Kansas City I believe. Keystone being in Kansas and Central being in Missouri.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
    Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't think DC has ever made a map of their America though I do think I remember seeing a fan made map somewhere here on Comic Vine.

I believe Gotham City is in New Jersey and I believe it has been established that Metropolis is in New York since one of the early issues of Superman. The Gem Cities are based on Kansas I believe. Keystone being in Kansas and Central being in Missouri.

thanks for that info. I was just trying to get a picture of how everything was in my head

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I believe Gotham City is in New Jersey and I believe it has been established that Metropolis is in New York since one of the early issues of Superman. However I also remember it being said that Metropolis was in driving distance to Smallville so Metropolis could've been relocated to Kansas. The Gem Cities are based on Kansas City I believe. Keystone being in Kansas and Central being in Missouri.

I believe the original descriptions of Gotham were based off of 1940s New York City ... and Metropolis was originally supposed to be Cleveland, but quickly became New York as well ... although they have both been stated as being in other areas (Metropolis was said to be in Delaware and Gotham in New Jersey) ... IIRC they are currently across the bay from one another.

I always thought Gem Cities were a play on the Twin Cities (Minneapolis and St. Paul) But I can see the Kansas City take too ... and at some point I think it was stated to be in Ohio, but with all the random continuity over the years who knows :)

Star City was stated as being in Connecticut at one point, but I think the most recent geography places it near San Francisco ... perhaps because of Green Arrows political views.

I think MidWay City is supposed to be Detroit or possibly Chicago

Coast City was supposed to be Los Angeles I think, or maybe San Diego

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@csg_cl: I remember it there was a comic where Green Lantern called Barry the Kansas City Flash and in Young Justice I remember they made a reference that Central City was in Missouri.

Star City I believe is meant to be in Oregon. Midway makes sense.

I remember that Cleveland was also suppose to be Metropolis. I also heard that Metropolis could be in Chicago. Also Fawcett City is said to be in Wisconsin, Gateway (where Wonder Woman, Mr. Terrific, and the Spectre lived for a while) is someone where in California, and Hub City (The Question) is meant to be based on East St. Louis.

WadeInLincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now here I always thought Gotham City was Chicago. Oops.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

There used to be one fron an old DC board game.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wadeinlincoln: well they did do a lot of filming for Dark Knight trilogy in Chicago

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Metropolis would have to be near Kansas since Smallville is in Kansas. Gotham should be Detroit. lol

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never put much thought into it, and I'm probably way off, but I always picture Metropolis somewhere on the eastern seaboard (I swear it's on the coast),Gotham somewhere in the Midwest, maybe on the Mississippi, and the gem cities in the southwest, and Coast City on the west coast.

Gloombot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gloombot
    No Caption Provided

This is the best I could find for reference...

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Metropolis is in Delaware? That's hilarious.

Gloombot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like California needs a lot more superheroes... LA has double the annual crime rate as Gotham lol. Let's get on that DC.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm my state would have HawkMan and HawkGirl. That would be cool

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill Swamp Thing would be like Big Foot. rarely seen and probably some kind of myth. Louisiana has a ton of monster myths already.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only ONE superhero is in New York?? Marvel, take notes!

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting.

Gloombot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gloombot: Where is that image from?

I think a comic enthusiast put it together and posted it online. I forget which site but I had found it browsing once. Pretty much all locations are canon but the statistics were gathered from either the real life cities, or cities in the location of the fictional DC city, so the statistics are probably off. Also the location of certain cities in the DC universe has actually changed from time to time, especially cities like Metropolis, which I think has been canonically placed in New York, Illinois, and Delaware at different points in time...

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gloombot:

@gloombot said:
    No Caption Provided

This is the best I could find for reference...

I guess Smallville wasn't big enough to make it on the map...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.